Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
According the Kotler (1986:80 distribution channel involves planning, implementing and controlling the physical flow of materials and final goods from point of orign to point of use to meet the needs of customers as a profit.
He went further to say that the major physical distribution cost is transportation, followed by inventory carrying cost, warehousing and or reprocessing, physical distribution management should be broadened to include the distribution cost could be more effectively managed.
There should be an service to get to the final consumer at the right time.
This is because the consumer is the distribution of all production process. The distributors have to date into account the changing panthern of the market and the activity of the competitors. And also the goal which the industry sets to achieve and also determining the product need of consumers before embraking on physical distribution management.
The use of distribution in conveying products to the consumer are an behalf of manufacturers in dealing with their customers. These distributors are also known as the middlemen or wholesales who act as a link between the manufacturers and consumers. One of the problems facing most firms is the physical distribution of product. Because of this reason, a lot of research has been done and most of these researchers tried to find out solution to these problems.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Because of the competitive nature of every industry, many companies who are unable to cope with the competition have collapsed and foiled.
Distribution is an important aspect of marketing, many industries loose their share as a result of poor distribution management most consumers blame them for high price because the distribution add cost to the product, buy, claim that there would be no effectiveness and efficiency in distribution of product without the introduction of distributions.
No much has been written or done to know the extent of the influence of distribution in marketing and thereby coming out with possible and workable solution there is therefore, the need for the researcher to evaluate the distribution channel in marketing of coco cola product in Imo State using Nigeria Bottling company Owerri as a case study. The researcher channels are unnecessary and if some channels or addition should be made.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The specific objective of this study are as follows.
1. To critically examine the distribution channels of Nigeria Bottling Company Owerri.
2. To determine and examine the various channels used in distributing soft drinks in Imo State.
3. To determine the problems encountered in the distribution channel and also to identify the factors that could be responsible for such situation.
4. To examine the impact of distribution cost to price.
5. To fund and recommend possible solution to the problems associated with the distribution.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Distribution is not static but change with the changing market but change study is very significant because it exposes the effect of improper choice of distribution channel in the manufacturing industry like Nigeria Bottling company Owerri.
The total physical distribution concept will assist industries to identify areas where changes have to take place for progress to be made.
This study also aimed at informing the management of the implication of inefficient communication system and exposes the benefits of consumers on the new techniques for the physical distribution channel in a manufacturing industry.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
The research questions are stated as follows
1. Are there effective distribution of soft drink products to customer and consumers.
2. Does your company have an effective transportation system.
3. Does the use of advertising increase the distribution system in your company.
4. Does the conflict between retailer and distributors have effect on your distribution channel.
5. How has physical distribution channel increase your production system.
The following research hypothesis will be tested.
Ho: There is effective distribution of soft drink product to customers and consumers.
Hi: There is no effective distribution of soft drink product to customer and consumers.
Ho: transportation cost is a limiting factor in the distribution of soft drink.
Hi: Transportation cost is not limiting factor in the distribution of soft drink.
Ho: Conflict between retailer and distributor have effect on distribution channel.
Hi: Conflict between retailer and distributors have no effect on distribution channel.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work is limited to the physical distribution management in a manufacturing industry in Owerri with reference to Nigeria Bottling company Owerri plant. The analysis made in this research. Is based on data made available to the researcher by the company’s staffs through questionnaires and responses. The sample size is the selected area. The sample size is the selected area of study and it involves observation, questionnaire and interview.
1.8 LIMIATION OF THE STUDY
In actual sense, this study should have involved the study of the some of the manufacturing industries, but because of the geographical distribution of these industries, it is not practicable for the researcher to carryout research work on these industries. In view of this, the researcher has decided, after careful study of all the various types of industries to concentrate on the Nigeria Bottling company Owerri .
In addition, there was the problem of time and financial, the time allocated for the completion of this research is very limited as such, the industries in the state.
There was also the problem of compromising attitude of the stated of Nigeria Bottling company especially those at the soft they always very suspicious of the researchers mission.
However, being these constraint, the researcher has made efforts to ensure that she lift no stone unturned in the research for materials and evidence necessary for the purpose of carrying out this research successfully.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
The term physical distribution has varied meanings and terms associated with it as understated.
1. Physical: It could be pertaining to body t is the nature of things.
2. Distribution: It is the act of dividing and sharing out things to different places or at different points.
3. Physical distribution: This is a task of ensuring that the goods and services produced by the organization are transported from the place of production to the point of consumption, as efficiently and as economically as possible.
4. Management:- It is the control of operating a business tactfully.
5. Product: It is the physical entity and services which satisfies customers need.
6. Channel: It is the passage for the medium of communication.
7. Industry: manufacturing or combination of firms that products similar goods.
8. Wholesalers intermediaries that perform a variety of marketing functions to more foods and services through the channel to retailers and organizational customers.
9. transportation: The provision and adequate manufacturing of the right quality and quantity of vehicles for the evaluation of finished goods.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF COMPENSATION MANAGEMENT ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE AT THE ST. MICHAEL’S CATHOLIC HOSPITAL, PRAMSO» ABSTRACT Total compensation is a concept which is not usually given attention in many organisations. Compensation is mostly viewed as cash and therefo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The lexicon Webster Dictionary define strategy as a method or plan to achieve some goals. Every b...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Total quality management can be defined as a strategy for improving business performance through ...Continue Reading »
4. WORK STRESS, JOB SATISFACTION AND TEACHERS’ TURNOVER INTENTION IN ZARIA METROPOLIS: THE MODERATING ROLE OF SELF EFFICACY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Teachers play a vital role in the society. Their impact are felt by the lives of all children fro...Continue Reading »
5. ENTREPRENEURIAL STRATEGIES AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (SMEs) IN OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) have increasingly become a powerful engine for economic growt...Continue Reading »
6. AN ASSESSMENT OF BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT AND ITS IMPACT ON ORGANIZATIONAL GROWTH (A Case Study of Oil Down Stream in Nigeria.)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Many approaches have been used in the past to explain how organizations operate the classical org...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research project attempts to examine the effect of motivational incentives on employees’ performance in Nigerian Breweries. The obj...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Telecommunication industry in Nigeria from inception has been the absolute monopoly of the fe...Continue Reading »
9. MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS OF MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC)» ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focused primarily on Motivation, Leadership and Corruption in Corporate Affairs Commission. It is also used to tackle the problems...Continue Reading »