The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
This research was an assessment of manpower training and development as a tools in enhancing employee in Akwa Ibom State civil service commission. It sought to know the effectiveness of manpower training and development. The objectives of the study among others were ascertain the important of manpower training and development. The researcher used the statistical formula of Yaro Yamani and it was one hundred and ten persons. This findings of the study were that manpower training and development is effective to the employee of the civil commission cause it increase their abilities skills and knowledge. The researcher thus recommended that the training programme should be yearly.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The important of human resources in an organization cannot be over emphasized or every organization depend more on the resources for attainment or it’s objectives. However the objective cannot be achieved unless organization made up employee who have skills knowledge but in the long run. They may fine it very difficult to cope with their job due to many factors such as organizational change and so on. The man power training and development programmed is very important activities the management cannot afford to miss because not everything can be learned in the work situation when workers are employed they are being organized and developed in other to increase their to increase their ability skills and knowledge however employee are not just trained for their benefit only the organization benefit from indeed this what the researcher is out in this study to learn from “Akwa Ibom State civil service communication.”
They should answer on behave of other organizations. It is not enough to sneers for enhancing employment performance and efficient services raining the development programmes for the person who will accomplish the objectives untrained staff can be consent sources of inefficiency out work. Really there is not a place for the untrained workers or even the intelligent manure in these days of specialized works through training and development organization can improve the quality of out put lower the cost the waste and equipment maintenance lower the number of accident and also prevent low turn over and also prevent sentiecism. Infact the importance of training and development cannot over emphasized in plays large role determining the enhancement of employee and efficiency of the performance of the organization.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In every organization an over the world the management set-up the organization goal and ways or achieving the goals, the Akwa Ibom state civil service commission, is not an exception since it performs many activities in other to attain its goals effectively and to do this they have to engage in training and development, as it is very important in the growth of the commission. Many employee have tailed in organizations because their needs for training was not identified and provided for as an indispensable part of management function. Training is organizational effort aimed at helping an employee to acquire basis skills required for the efficient execution of the activities functions for which he is hired.
This research is concerned on the need for manpower training and development as tool for efficient performance on the light of the objective of the “Akwa Ibom Civil service commission” further more it is important for the commission to determine the following areas:
- Identification of individual of existing job.
- Identification of potential training needs or existing sitting jobs.
- Identification of individual pertaining performance level.
- Identification of expenditure of resource on training performance with respect to the manpower training and development objectives. Therefore it is hoped that the study in this regard in the induction chose would throw light on the issue involved in training and development in the “Akwa Ibom State Civil Service Commission”
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY:
Following problem already scared above it is the objectives of the research to determine the following.
1. To determine the training and development needs of employee in organization with a particular reference to “Akwa Ibom State Civil Service Commission”.
2. To access the performance of employee who benefited and can often the benefit from manpower training and development programmes of the “Akwa Ibom State Civil Service Commission.
3. To access the performance of employee of the “Akwa Ibom State civil service commission that have been trained”.
4. To find to method that is use by the commission that is most acceptable by its employee.
5. To find out if the commission encouraged their employee to attend the training programme of the commission.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research questions used for the purpose of this study include the following.
1. Does the “Akwa Ibom State civil service” engaged in any form of manpower training and development.
2. If yes or no what type of training does the “Akwa Ibom State Civil Commission engage in.
3. How do the employee of the Akwa Ibom State Civil Service Commission rare the level and standard of the training programme offered to them by the commission.
4. Have they benefited from the training programme offered to them by the “Akwa Ibom State Civil Commission”.
5. What type of training do they prefer.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY:
For the manpower training and development programme to be effective it’s objectives benefit and process must be clearly understood from utilitarian stand points. Therefore is properly done it will be used as a means of increasing good performance and efficiency of workers. Thus the finding and recommendation to be made from this study will be very useful to student of business administration and other in the related field would lead the personnel department of various organization. The study will also be useful to both students and researcher who will undercare research on training and development and other topics on human resources management and also Akwa Ibom State Civil Service use in making amendment where necessary.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Based on this study, the researcher aims are archiving all the above – mentioned objectives. They study is being conducted in Akwa ibom state civil service commission. This is a to enable. The researcher do a through study of the subject matter the researcher however believe that the finding will be applicable to other organization. Also limited to the prices as it enhance employee performance of the commission
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In writing the study writer was constrained by a number of factors prominent among include
Under this limitation the researcher could not due to financial handicap attain the desired scope and dept expected. Another problems encountered by the researcher is high cost of material which militated against the project work occupied with high cost of transportation.
The Time Constrains
Although time should not be considered as a constraints organization must be given to the fact that academic work which was also undertaken by the researcher by which lectures and office duties could be seen to have limited time. this could be seen to have limited the researcher to in-depth study.
Under this limited strong attempt were made to interview or reach thee top official fails because of protocol in handling official engage and procedure in the required data or official secret of the commission.
1.8 DEEFINITION OF MAJOR TERMS
TRAINING : This is systematic process of catering the behavior of employee to increase organizational goals.
MANPOWER: Al employee in an organization from chief executive officer down.
DEVELOPMENT: Deal with the activities understand to expose an employee to perform additional duties and resume position of important in the organization hierarchy
PERFORMANCE: perform to carry action in its best.
TOLL: instrument for work.
EFFECTIVE: this is producing the mended result.
1.FLIPPO Edwin (1980) personal management tokoyo Maccraw hil books company
2. NWACHUKWU C.C (1988) Management theories and practice onitsha African fep published limited.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CREDIT AND DEBT RECOVERY IN FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS: (A CASE STUDY OF U.I.D.C PLC, WARRI DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE. 1.0 INTRODUCTION A major function of the banking system is the transfer of funds from the surplus units to deficit units of the economy. ...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 328 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT ‘The world is becoming a global village’, so the adage goes. It is a fact that the world has truly become a global village. Globa...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 303 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigeria as a developing nation is facing a lot of problems one of which is the problem affecting ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 125 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
4. Managing Industrial Disputes in the Nigerian University System. A focus on Enugu state University of Science and Technology (ESUT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY University worldwide is regarded as the citadel of knowledge, the fountain of intellectualism the...Continue Reading »
100 pages | 344 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
5. INVESTMENT STRATEGIES AND FUND PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED PENSION FUND ADMINISTRATORS IN LAGOS STATE NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Over the past decades, pension fund management and administration has received increased responsi...Continue Reading »
108 pages | 46 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to study copyright infringement and challenges in a digital world. This study was guided by the following objectives;...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 250 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Modern organizations are becoming more complex and the demands for competent, qualified and trainable employees. Apart fr...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 74 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
8. CAPITAL BUDGETING MODERATORS AND SHAREHOLDERS’ WEALTH MAXIMIZATION IN THE NIGERIAN COMMERCIAL BANKS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The focus on shareholder’s wealth has gained much importance in recent times within the Nig...Continue Reading »
186 pages | 34 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT The research was carried out to assessed the impact of corporate social responsibility on firm performance of MTN Nigeria a case study of Sok...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 100 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT Total quality management, which is the practice of striving fore customer satisfaction by ensuring quality from all departments in an organiz...Continue Reading »
93 pages | 24 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION