Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 104 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Initially, before the construction of refineries, petroleum used in Nigeria were imported by international oil marketers popularly known as big 8. They are total, Agip, Texaco, Unipetrol, African Petroleum (AP) National, Mobil and …petroleum. They import market petroleum product and also distribute them. But when refineries were built to produce local petroleum products that will argument the imported ones, it later became necessary for government to take over the importation of petroleum products from oil marketers and thus the resultant setting up of pipeline and product marketing company (PPMC) and independent oil marketers in the early 80’s Nigerians who can afford to construct petrol stations were granted marketers licence by an agent of the federal government (Dept. of petroleum resources) to join in the distribution of petroleum product in Nigeria under independent oil marketers status and ADONRI DAVID Vanguard control of national resources.
Today, the indigenous companies known as independent oil marketers are competing favourably with the big 8 in the distribution of petroleum products. That is because the operation of independent oil marketers cover across the linter lands of the Nigerian communities PPMC set by Nigerian government through the arm of NNPC constructed depots and pipelines across the nation. Linking the depots and refineries, depot to depot and refinery to refinery.
Talking about petroleum product distribution in Nigeria by PPMC, we have three major means by which these products are distributed. The first one is through the pipeline running to the refineries to depots and from depot to depots.
The second one is by tankers through the road and the last is through railways coaches.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The researcher, seek to study fuel distribution in Nigeria problems and solutions.
Generally, there has been the problem of fuel scarcity up-till now. This is because of uneven distribution of fuel in the country. Since the country had been experiencing fuel shortages, it is important to identify the problems encountered in the distribution of fuel and also to determine the possible solution to fuel scarcity said Mbagron 10, 2001, which he titled economic of resources control.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The specific objectives of the study includes the following:
i) To identify how fuel is distributed by NNPC
ii) To determine the problems encountered in fuel distribution
iii) To determine the causes(s) of fuel distribution problem
iv) To determine solutions to fuel distribution problems.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
For the purpose of this study the following hypothesis have been formulated
Ho: Inadequate maintenance of pipelines equipment and pumps do not lead to fuel shortages.
HI: Inadequate maintenance of pipelines equipment and pumps do not lead to fuel shortages.
Ho: Delivery of right quantity and quality of petroleum products to filling stations do not promote effective supply of fuel
HI: Delivery of right quantity and quality of petroleum products to filling stations do not promote effective supply of fuel
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE SUTDY
The study of significance because it will serve as a source of vital information on fuel distribution. It will also serve as a reference for future research in the same field. It will also provide solution to fuel distribution problems.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The research is geared towards, fuel distribution in Nigeria. Problems and solution. A case study of NNPC Enugu Depot.
The main constraints of the study is divided into three points.
(b) Attitude of the respondents
Time: Due to the limited time for the study the researcher could not travel to other places for more relevant information on the study.
Attitude of the respondents: The attitude of the respondents affected the research work because some of the respondents were unwilling to co-operate with the researcher because they felt that they have nothing to benefit from the study both financially and otherwise.
Finance: This is one of the most serious constraint the research encountered. A lot of money were required for the study to be carried out properly but however the researcher was handicapped financially.
Campbell. Broos L.F. & PAYMENT P.B.W (1971) Exports and economic growth of developing countries, Syndica of the Cambridge university presently house, Eustin Road, London.
Otaiba, M.H (1975): Opee and the petroleum industry, John Welly and sons Ltd, New York
Adori, D. Control of natural resources, (Vanguard January 31, 2001) P.29
Mbagwu, I Economics of resources (Daily champion January 2001) P. 25
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF CONFLICT AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT IN AN INSTITUTION (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT The main focus of this study was to examine the Assessment of the Impact of Conflict and Conflict management in an Institution, A case study ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Corporate growth was much desired by most companies operating in Nigeria these was because of the advantage of high profit ability to dictate...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study An entrepreneur is an innovator who implements changes within a market through the carrying out o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The recent global crisis in the world has brought to the fore the need to note that this overdepe...Continue Reading »
» (A CASE STUDY OF GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC)CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Job satisfaction is generally recognize in the organization...Continue Reading »
6. PROCEDURE, PROBLEM AND PROSPECTS OF PERSONAL INCOME TAX ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF OYO STATE BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE)» ABSTRACT This aim of this project is to know the procedure, problem and prospect of personal income tax administration in Nigeria and also to know whe...Continue Reading »
7. AN APPRAISAL OF SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON CORPORATE ORGANIZATION IN ENUGU. (A CASE STUDY OF ANAMBRA MOTOR MANUFACTURING COMPANY (ANAMMCO) EMENE, ENU...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Towards the end of 1800’s to the early 1990’s the mission of business firms was exclu...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF ENVIRONMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE A STUDY OF AFRIBANK NIGERIAN PLC, ENUGU REGIONAL OFFICE» ABSTRACT This research work examined how the environment affects the structure of an organization. It focused on the types of environment in which the...Continue Reading »
9. PERCEIVED FACTORS THAT AFFECT EMPLOYEES’ PRODUCTIVITY WITHIN REDEEMED INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT AGENCY» ABSTRACTThe objective of this research project was to establish the perceived factors that affect employees’ productivity within Redeemed Integrated...Continue Reading »
10. EVALUATION OF CREDIT MANAGEMENT IN A MANUFACTURING COMPANY: (A CASE STUDY OF DANGOTE CEMENT COMPANY PLC, OBAJANA)» CHAPTER ONE IINTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The aim of setting up any business organization is to maximize profit. This can be achieved thro...Continue Reading »