Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 72 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Business is absolutely a complex activity. This is because it involves a lot of technicalities ranging from the task of planning to control of such plans in order to achieve the desire objectives of profit maximization. It is in view of this, that this study is mainly centered on the floating of a business to a stage where it finds it difficult to keep it’s head above water.
In the late 70s business was in its period of boom, the economy was doing well at that point in time and the exchange rate was appreciable within this period. International trade was easy as a result of lesser trade restrictions and foreign exchange control.
During this period, Uju printing press was a beneficiary of the prevailing policies such as the importation of papers and other printing materials. These goods were usually tax free by the agencies concerned, as a result of the significance the government attaches to the publishing sector and the clearance procedures at the port were effective and efficient then.
In the late 80’s as a result of the military take-over, various decrees and policies came into place. The economy became unbearable for the citizens and their purchasing power became very low, thereby forcing business not to live up to their required billing. What followed was that industries started operating on short run, and later businesses started folding up.
The various trade restrictions, VAT policies on goods imported did not help matters. The result effect of all these, was folding up of businesses. Against the business affected was then within our locality the -Uju printing press. The concerns shown people in the locality spearheaded an agenda to resuscitate the company and prevent it from total collapse.
The process of doing this proved difficult due to the extent of funds require to source for foreign exchange needed for the importation of raw materials there were other problems that seem intractable. But the people and company unite make persistence efforts to resuscitate the company but the more difficult problems that resulted, Motivated an interest to study the problems of business failure and the possible solutions.
1.1 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF UJU PRINTING PRESS
Uju printing press is a sole proprietorship business. It is own by Chief Gabriel O. Uju. It was established on 20th August 1969 and was situated at V.V.I Lagos/Keffi Street, Kaduna.
Uju printing press was set-up with the objective of providing the best quality printing jobs to customers at affordable prices and at the due appointed time. At the early life of the press, it started with letterpress and binding machine. Namely: Adana, Letterpress Heidelberg and Cutting Machines.
In the course of expansion, the press relocated to N.C-.3 Oshogbo Road, Kaduna in 1979. The press increased its machineries by purchasing Rota prints, plate maker, camera, and kond. During this period the press has increased its area of specialization from letter press to offset printing.
In 1985, the press moved to J.11 main street Badarawa Kaduna and finally relocated to its permanent site V.V. 15 Nassarawa Road, Kaduna in June 1993. in its present site, it has acquired additional machines such as multilith 1850, Stitching machine, computers and Ruling machines.
This organization is engaged in the publishing of companies Annual reports, text-books, invoices, Receipts calendars, invitation cards, Business cards e.t.c. Uju printing press is an organization worthy to be emulated, Judging by its achievement within the period of its existence. The organization has render a lot of its services to prominent companies & government parastatals within this country, among them are: Nitel Headquarters- Lagos, National electric power authority Kaduna, Kaduna state water board, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Kaduna, Bayero University Kano, Nice Top papers industries Kaduna etc.
Below is a sample of what Uju printing press Organizational chart should look like.
Manager manager/ engineer
Lithographer printing section Finishing section
With And And
Apprentices Apprentices Apprentices
Drivers Gate men
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Business entrepreneurs today are making a lot of efforts in order to make their investment a perpetual going concern. Every means available at their disposal are being made available terms of capital base sophisticated equipments etc so as to meet-business demands and sustain the completive market environment.
How ever inspite of these tremendous effort businesses are still failing and these are owing to various factors that pose myriads of problems.
1.3 STATEMENTS OF HYPOTHESIS
The following hypothesis has been formulated to serve as a guide for this study:-
1. That efficient management of resources could not lead to business failure of _Uju printing press
2. That inefficient management of resource could lead to business failure in Uju printing press.
1.4 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This study intends to achieve the following objective
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Doug Wallace, a Materials Management subject expert with Life Cycle Engineering [L.C.E] Consultanc...Continue Reading »
2. MATERIALS MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: A STUDY OF SELECTED TELECOMMUNICATION FIRMS IN DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT A.J Ayer a logical positivist and indeed at all his fellow logical positivists were moved by the achievements and clarities in science and as...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Wages and employment relations if well structured will bring about employee job performance, one of the crucial factors in maintaining and in...Continue Reading »
4. SALES PROMOTION AND CONSUMER BUYING DECISIONS: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN ZONE A. OF NIGER STATE» ABSTRACT This research project intended to examine the Impact of Sales Promotion and Consumer Buying Behavior in selected Local Governments Area in Zo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Marketing is increasingly being recognized as an organization belt in public or private and it Ma...Continue Reading »
6. PRICING DETERMINANTS AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION OF SELECTED PAINT MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN ABIA STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In the competitive environments, investing in customer satisfaction is a means of creating a sust...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF AUDITING ON THE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF HAMDALA HOTEL, KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The dynamic nature of business environment growth and increasing complexity of business has made ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The importance of human resources in an organization cannot be over emphasized. Every organizatio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In every organisation people are the central point in which organisation is built on. Every organ...Continue Reading »
10. ETHICS AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF A BUSINESS ORGANISATION. A CASE STUDY OF NAKO INDUSTRIAL LIMITED.» CHAPTE ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The profession of business ethics has long needed a highly practical resource that is designed par...Continue Reading »