Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 76 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1: 1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Marketing plays a dominant role in the successful management of business in the world of Drucker [1973; 9] business enterprises have two basic functions, marketing and innovation. Only marketing and invocation produce results; all the rest are cost. Marketing as the only revenue generating functions; must make plan attempts to implement and control such plans to the extent that its objectives are achieved.
Developing good strategies and tactics, after analysis the marketing environment are only the beginning toward the successful managing of the marketing efforts, usually surprise occurs during the implementation of marketing department therefore must engage in marketing control system and essential in making sure that the company operate efficiency and effectively. As a plan implementation and control are related. All resource available to any business whether human or otherwise must be mobilized into a daily; monthly, yearly and even annual activities that will cause the strategic plan to work well. Management should develop its basics control process along the following step as suggested by Koontz and Weihrich [1988; 540
-measurement of performance and
-correct of deviations
Standards may be in the form of short term goal and long term objectives which should be measured against actual result and corrective action should be taken when necessary. When actual performances deviates greatly from annual plans, the corrective plans may be to adjust objectives and long term objectives which should be measured against actual result and corrective actions. Would be taken when necessary. Where actual performance deviates greatly from annual plans, the corrective action may be to adjust objectives and goals by making them realistic and attainable.
A number of techniques have been developed overtime and these are readily used in marketing management across the globe kotler[1980;640-644]broadly classified marketing control process into four categories namely;
1. Annual plan control; sales analysis; marketing ratio analysis; market share analysis and consumer attitude tracking.
2. Profitability control; consisting of effort to determining profitability of different products, territories, trade channel and consumer groups.
3. Efficiency control; means determining more efficient ways of managing sales force advertising, sales promotion and distribution.
4. Strategies control; consists of efforts aimed at periodically examine whether a company basics strategratics marched to its opportunities.
Marketing control techniques as a component of the marketing information system must be able to provide information to management about performance. Interestingly, a good management will like to know which product sales and highest and why, whether the product is profitable; what is selling and at what cost. very often; the traditional accounting report are usually of little help to the manager ;a company account might be showing an overall profit arising from the business. Without specifying which of the centre is doing very fine and which is not?
A detailed breakdown of firm’s sales records can be very useful and informative such breakdown can update marketing executives who have been out of touch. Additionally, routine sales analysis prepared weekly; monthly or even yearly may show trend thus permitting marketing executing to check their basics assumptions about performances, [kotler1986].
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE STUDY
The important of marketing control techniques in the efficient management of companies cannot be over stressed.
Thus in the word of Mocker [1972:2] marketing or management control is a systematic effort to set performances standard with planning objectives, to design information feedback system, to compare actual performances with those per-determined standard, to determine whether there are deviation and to measure their significance, and also to take any action necessary to ensure that all corporate resources are being used in the most effective and efficient way possible in achieving corporate objectives.
This view was also supported by Udeagha (1999:281) when he defined management control as consisting all the measures undertaken by an organization to measure performances against standard to ensure that the planned organization activities objectives and goal are achieved.
Notwithstanding the positive views; expressed by these two authors above, evidences abound that most of the companies do not apply marketing control in their day to day operations.
This view was expressed when Kotler (1980:729) argued that in spite of the need for effective marketing control; many companies have inaugurate control procedures. He recent further to argue that many companies fall to compare them price with competition to analysis warehousing and distribution costs, to analysis the cause of returned merchandize, to conduct formal evaluation of advertising effectiveness, and to review their sales-forces reports.
The negative attitude of some companies towards the application of marketing techniques control for their operations as pointed in one of the major factors that stimulated to researcher to embark on this study. The ideas was to find out whether Enemite Limited as a roofing sheet manufacturing company based in Enugu applies the concept of marketing control in its operation and the findings of the study to make some recommendations.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The researcher work was embarked upon to achieve the following objective
i. To investigate to what extent manufacturing firm time formal plans for their activities.
ii. To determine whether the application of marketing control has any effect on the achievement of the corporate goals and objectives of their organization
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF PRODUCTION STRATEGIES IN PROFITABILITY OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF IBOM POWER COMPANY, IKOT ABASI)» ABSTRACT The study examined the role of production strategy on profitability of an organization, using Ibom Power Company, Ikota Abasi as a case study...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEGENERAL INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYPlanning and control are put in place to keep organization on course towards profitability g...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examines the association with commercializing enterprises in Nigeria. In addition, it seeks to investigate the reason for commercia...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF ENTREPRENEURIAL COMPETENCIES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN KADUNA STATE» Abstract The growth and development of small and medium enterprises have been a focus for policy makers and researchers in the developed and developin...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The significance of Radio to human life cannot be overestimated. This is true because beyond the phys...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research was carried out to assessed the impact of corporate social responsibility on firm performance of MTN Nigeria a case study of Sok...Continue Reading »
7. CRITICAL STUDY OF THE EFFECT OF JOB STRESS ON NIGERIAN BANKING WORKERS: A CASE OF UNION BANK, UYO BRANCH» ABSTRACT The study investigated and evaluated job stress and its effects on job performance among members of staff at Union Bank. The study sought to ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The contribution of the manufacturing sector to the growth of an economy cannot be overemphasized...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING AND ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY: A STUDY OF NATIONAL WATER RESOURCES INSTITUTE KADUNA, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study The concept of Human Resource Planning in any organization is an issue which deserves attention b...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF SALES PROMOTION IN A BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to Study Sales promotion had been adopted by business firms and marketing practitioners long before the coming...Continue Reading »