Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Calcium is the most important mineral in the body. The body needs calcium for normal functioning of nerves and muscles including the most important muscles of all which is the heart. Calcium is also important for healthy bones and teeth. The amount of calcium in the blood is carefully controlled by the body’s hormonal systems. The body gets calcium from diary products, some vegetables (such as broccoli), and some fortified foods. Calcium can also be obtained from taken pills containing calcium. Most of the body’s calcium is stored in the bones and only small amount is found in the blood (serum). Calcium is maintained within a fairly narrow range from 8.5 to 10.5mg/dl (4.3 to 5.3meq/l or 2.2 to 2.7mmol/l). The estimation of serum calcium level is fraught with possible errors. Several means of contamination might lead to false elevations of serum calcium concentration. Before the test is carried out, one does not need to fast or limit ones activity before the test. Rather certain medicine/drugs needed to be avoided before the test, because they might affect the test result. The result of the experiment can be calculated, since the differences in serum calcium is significance with the age differences. Those with the age bracket (50 years & above) have lesser serum calcium level than those in the range of 20 to 30 years.
Serum Calcium level in Geriatric men
Calcium is the most common mineral in the body and one of the most important elements. The body needs it to build and fix bones and teeth, help nerves work, make muscles squeeze together, help blood clot, and help the heart to work. Almost all of the calcium in the body is stored in the bone. The rest is found in the blood.
Normally the level of calcium in the blood is carefully controlled. When blood calcium levels get low (hypocalcemia), the bones release calcium to bring it back to a normal blood level. When blood calcium levels get high (hypercalcemia), the extra calcium is stored in the bones or passed out of the body in urine and stool.
The of serum calcium level appears to be associated with blood pressure and metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
1.2.0: The amount of calcium in the body depends on the amount of:
· Dietary Calcium.
· Phosphate in the body.
Vitamin D: these hormones help control the amount of calcium in the body. They also control the amount of calcium absorbed from food and the amount passed from the body in urine and stool. The blood levels of phosphate are closely linked to calcium levels and they work in opposite ways: As blood calcium levels get high, phosphate levels get low, and the opposite is also true.
The aim and objective of this study is to:
· Determine the serum calcium levels in geriatric men aged 50 years and above.
· Compare the values obtained with age group 20 to 30 years.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUILDING TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This research studied “evaluating the effectiveness of project delivery methods in South East Nigeria”. There are alternatives de...Continue Reading »
133 pages | 432 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
» ABSTRACT The control of materials on construction sites is handled carelessly by planning and purchasing departments, site supervisors and engineers a...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 211 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
» ABSTRACT Thermal properties refer to characteristics of a material defining the substance and related to temperature dependent. The most important thi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 221 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
4. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTS OF DAMPNESS ON BUILDINGS IN ATIA IBIAKU SETTLEMENT IN ITU LOCAL GOVERNMENT, AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT The work was carried out with the aim of investigating dampness in the buildings within Atia Ibiaku Settlement of Itu Local Government Area, ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 218 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this study is to assess the cross ventilation in public buildings like; Churches, Mosques, Schools and so on, and the nee...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 74 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
6. THE EFFECTS OF DELAYS AND DISRUPTION ON THE COST OF BUILDING CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT This project is purposely for determining the effects of delay and disruption on the cost of building construction project in Nigeria, ascert...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 184 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
7. COMPARATIVE STUDIES OF RICE HUSK ASH AND COW BONE ASH AS PARTIAL REPLACEMENT OF CEMENT IN CONCRETE» ABSTRACT It is seen that the rising of construction materials in developing countries has necessitated research into the use of alternative materials ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 551 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
» Abstract In Nigeria, as many developing countries, providing energy for the population has proven to be a great challenge thereby increasing dependenc...Continue Reading »
38 pages | 142 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
» ABSTRACT The world of building Industry is very wide and reaches which covers all areas like production, Building maintenance, project management, pro...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 536 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
» TABLE OF CONTENTSApproval pageDedicationAbstractAcknowledgementTable of contentCHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Relevance of project1.2 Site inspection1.3 E...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 148 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY