Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Calcium is the most important mineral in the body. The body needs calcium for normal functioning of nerves and muscles including the most important muscles of all which is the heart. Calcium is also important for healthy bones and teeth. The amount of calcium in the blood is carefully controlled by the body’s hormonal systems. The body gets calcium from diary products, some vegetables (such as broccoli), and some fortified foods. Calcium can also be obtained from taken pills containing calcium. Most of the body’s calcium is stored in the bones and only small amount is found in the blood (serum). Calcium is maintained within a fairly narrow range from 8.5 to 10.5mg/dl (4.3 to 5.3meq/l or 2.2 to 2.7mmol/l). The estimation of serum calcium level is fraught with possible errors. Several means of contamination might lead to false elevations of serum calcium concentration. Before the test is carried out, one does not need to fast or limit ones activity before the test. Rather certain medicine/drugs needed to be avoided before the test, because they might affect the test result. The result of the experiment can be calculated, since the differences in serum calcium is significance with the age differences. Those with the age bracket (50 years & above) have lesser serum calcium level than those in the range of 20 to 30 years.
Serum Calcium level in Geriatric men
Calcium is the most common mineral in the body and one of the most important elements. The body needs it to build and fix bones and teeth, help nerves work, make muscles squeeze together, help blood clot, and help the heart to work. Almost all of the calcium in the body is stored in the bone. The rest is found in the blood.
Normally the level of calcium in the blood is carefully controlled. When blood calcium levels get low (hypocalcemia), the bones release calcium to bring it back to a normal blood level. When blood calcium levels get high (hypercalcemia), the extra calcium is stored in the bones or passed out of the body in urine and stool.
The of serum calcium level appears to be associated with blood pressure and metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
1.2.0: The amount of calcium in the body depends on the amount of:
· Dietary Calcium.
· Phosphate in the body.
Vitamin D: these hormones help control the amount of calcium in the body. They also control the amount of calcium absorbed from food and the amount passed from the body in urine and stool. The blood levels of phosphate are closely linked to calcium levels and they work in opposite ways: As blood calcium levels get high, phosphate levels get low, and the opposite is also true.
The aim and objective of this study is to:
· Determine the serum calcium levels in geriatric men aged 50 years and above.
· Compare the values obtained with age group 20 to 30 years.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUILDING TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Protector design is the joining of metals of pipes of the same diameter. Sizes together in a compound pattern in order to...Continue Reading »
39 pages | 923 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
2. FRAMEWORK FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF GREEN TECHNOLOGY PRACTICES FOR SUSTAINABLE INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT IN AKWA IBOM STATE» TABLE OF CONTENT CONTENTS PAGE Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vi List of Tables ix Li...Continue Reading »
30 pages | 174 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
3. METHOD OF IMPROVING STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN TECHNICAL SCHOOLS IN NIGER STATE CENTRAL EDUCATIONAL ZONE OF NIGER STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 154 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
4. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTS OF DAMPNESS ON BUILDINGS IN ATIA IBIAKU SETTLEMENT IN ITU LOCAL GOVERNMENT, AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT The work was carried out with the aim of investigating dampness in the buildings within Atia Ibiaku Settlement of Itu Local Government Area, ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 179 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Relevance of project1.2 Site inspection1.3 Evolution of road network in nigeria1.4 Motor vehicle characteristic that affect...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 89 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
» ABSTACT This study examines the performance of Commercial Banks institutions in Kaduna State, based on the development of small and medium Scale indus...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 379 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
7. IMPACT OF SAND AND GRAVEL DREDGING ON THE ENVIRONMENT: A CASE STUDY OF THE LAGOS BAR BEACH COASTAL AREA» Abstract For thousands of years, sand and gravel have been used in the construction of roads and buildings. Today, demand for sand and gravel continue...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 150 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
» ABSTRACT This work studied the retraining of professional builders in the Nigerian construction industry. The study identified the key areas of profes...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 140 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT PRACTICES CASE STUDY: NYARUGENGE DISTRICT- RWANDA» ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 357 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Nailing can be said to be the most basic and most commonly used means of attaching members in woo...Continue Reading »
51 pages | 169 hits | Source: BUILDING TECHNOLOGY