Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Calcium is the most important mineral in the body. The body needs calcium for normal functioning of nerves and muscles including the most important muscles of all which is the heart. Calcium is also important for healthy bones and teeth. The amount of calcium in the blood is carefully controlled by the body’s hormonal systems. The body gets calcium from diary products, some vegetables (such as broccoli), and some fortified foods. Calcium can also be obtained from taken pills containing calcium. Most of the body’s calcium is stored in the bones and only small amount is found in the blood (serum). Calcium is maintained within a fairly narrow range from 8.5 to 10.5mg/dl (4.3 to 5.3meq/l or 2.2 to 2.7mmol/l). The estimation of serum calcium level is fraught with possible errors. Several means of contamination might lead to false elevations of serum calcium concentration. Before the test is carried out, one does not need to fast or limit ones activity before the test. Rather certain medicine/drugs needed to be avoided before the test, because they might affect the test result. The result of the experiment can be calculated, since the differences in serum calcium is significance with the age differences. Those with the age bracket (50 years & above) have lesser serum calcium level than those in the range of 20 to 30 years.
Serum Calcium level in Geriatric men
Calcium is the most common mineral in the body and one of the most important elements. The body needs it to build and fix bones and teeth, help nerves work, make muscles squeeze together, help blood clot, and help the heart to work. Almost all of the calcium in the body is stored in the bone. The rest is found in the blood.
Normally the level of calcium in the blood is carefully controlled. When blood calcium levels get low (hypocalcemia), the bones release calcium to bring it back to a normal blood level. When blood calcium levels get high (hypercalcemia), the extra calcium is stored in the bones or passed out of the body in urine and stool.
The of serum calcium level appears to be associated with blood pressure and metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
1.2.0: The amount of calcium in the body depends on the amount of:
· Dietary Calcium.
· Phosphate in the body.
Vitamin D: these hormones help control the amount of calcium in the body. They also control the amount of calcium absorbed from food and the amount passed from the body in urine and stool. The blood levels of phosphate are closely linked to calcium levels and they work in opposite ways: As blood calcium levels get high, phosphate levels get low, and the opposite is also true.
The aim and objective of this study is to:
· Determine the serum calcium levels in geriatric men aged 50 years and above.
· Compare the values obtained with age group 20 to 30 years.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUILDING TECHNOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Everyday life on bridge construction sites is commonly characterized by enormous pressure due to time and costs as well as difficult logistic...Continue Reading »
2. APPRAISAL OF BUILDING MAINTENANCE PRACTICE AMONG LANDLORDS IN NIGER CENTRAL SENATORIAL ZONE OF NIGER STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECT OF FAULTY DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION ON BUILDING MAINTENANCE (CASE STUDY OF AFDIN AND MOTHER CAT CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES IN KADUNA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study 'To fail to plan is to plan to fail.'— (Wood, 2003) The essence of all result oriented ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Delay as referred in construction is prolonged construction period and disruptions are events that disturb the construction p...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTSCover Page Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgment Abstract Table of Content Chapter One: Introduction1.1 Background of th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Of recent, the attention of most researchers is shifting towards the optimization of building materials by using local contents; the use of i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the study The growing need for construction of all types coupled with a tight monetary supply has provided ...Continue Reading »
8. APPLICATION OF GEOINFORMATIC TECHNIQUES IN CONTROLLING FLOODING IN VULNERABLE ROADS AND BUILDINGS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The acronym GIS stands for geographic information system, it is a system which allows a capture, ...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECTS OF DELAYS AND DISRUPTION ON THE COST OF BUILDING CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT This project is purposely for determining the effects of delay and disruption on the cost of building construction project in Nigeria, ascert...Continue Reading »
10. AN ASSESSMENT OF CAUSES, EFFECT AND REPAIR OF CRACKS IN BUILDING CONSTRUCTION PROJECT IN IMO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Buildings are structures, which serve as shelters for man, his properties and activities. They must b...Continue Reading »