Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the study
Technical and vocational education could be defined as those aspects of education process involving in addition to general education, the study of technologies and related sciences and the acquisition of practical skills, attitude, understanding and knowledge relating to occupation in various sectors of economic and social life. National policy on education (2004)
Technical vocational education is defined according to Akerele (2007) as that aspect of education that exposes the learner to the acquisition of demonstration skills that could be transformed into economic benefits and sustainable live hood. The national policy on education has placed a premium on in view of its important role in technological and industrial development of Nigeria. It is recognized as that aspect of education which leads to the acquisition of practical and applied skills as well as basic scientific knowledge (NDE 2004).
Oni (2007) described technical vocational education as that type of education which fits the individuals for gainful employment in recognized career as semi-skilled workers or technicians or sub-professionals.
According to Audu et al (2013) any form of education that is geared towards teaching technical skills and attitudes suitable to such skill can be regarded as technical vocational education.
Tilak (2002) emphasized that quality of technical vocational education is well planned and co-ordinate will guarantee student with skills, increasing production processes resulting from technological advancement, the nature of the demand for skills both in terms of quantity and quality help in promoting the need for vocational and technical education.
The board base curriculum of technical education was to offer student chances to test their abilities so that they can become self reliable choice of career.
According to national policy on education (NPE) (2004) the goals of technical and vocational education shall be to:
i. Provide trained manpower in applied science, technology and business particularly at craft, advanced craft and technical levels
ii. Provide technical knowledge and vocational skills for agricultural commercial and economic development.
iii. Give training and impact the necessary skills to individual who shall be self reliant economically
Electrical is a field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity electronics and electromagnetism.
Electrical/electronics is a branch of engineering concerned with the practical applications of electricity and with devices which the motion of electron and all charged particle is controlled, although electrical phenomena had attracted notice as early as 17th century, it was not until the 19th century that studies were made to develop the stand and of electricity into discipline of study electrical/electronics is one the subject that make up the technical subject in curriculum of technical education, electrical/electronics causes included electronics, digital computers, power electricity, telecommunication, control systems, radio-frequency, signal processing, instrumentation and micro electronics e.t.c they are offered at senior secondary/technical schools level so as to prepare the recipient for education that is both practical/functional application base electrical/electronics play a vital role in the development of many nation the importance of electrical/electronics in our national development either socially economically, technologically and otherwise cannot be over emphasis, hence the teaching of these subject is paramount importance to the nation building.
Teacher play very important role in the development of the nation to achieved its desire goals and objectives.
Teacher is the one that impact knowledge instruct and causes the learners student to understand the message pass to their them in either classroom, workshop or any situated environment conducive for learning.
Therefore, teachers deserve some qualities that make him greater, good and professional such qualities are:
i. Mastery of the subject matter
ii. Known the method suitable for teaching and learners
iii. Clear objectives for lessons
Electrical/ electronics teachers in not exempted from the generalities of that, therefore, electrical/electronics teachers are expected to observe these qualities of a good teacher so as to be able to deliver their duties successfully in the field.
The national policy of education NPE (2004) acknowledges that no education and system can be better than the teachers who operate it. Therefore to have good quality education the person operating it must be well trained and be provided with needed materials to be able to impart the desired knowledge to the learners.
The quality of vocational and technical education depends on upon the teachers and method of administration. Musa (2007)
Musa (2007) asserted that most or all technical courses offered in technical schools are ideally supposed to carry out 60% practical. The reversed is the case as most of these courses are thought theoretically thereby compounding the problem of ineffectiveness in teaching of these courses.
Bature (2004) remarked that as technical teachers one need to posses the skills of teaching above that or the students who he teaches should continue to update his teaching competently often in area of training needs which may include manipulative and technical skills, teaching method, classroom workshop management evaluation techniques guidance role, human relation and of cause in some area or professional training. He added that because of the enormity of the work being carried out by technical teachers there is need for them to meet with both present and future changes and also to keep update of event happening in teaching career.
According to Isyaku (2004) the electrical electronics teachers are required to be well skilled in their trade but without that maximum result cannot be achieved.
The manpower requirement is very important in teaching electrical electronics because if there is no highly trained manpower that win be no any effective teaching and learning process. Teaching and learning lay on the hand of the teacher Bature (2004)
Statement of the problem
However, due to the lack of training and retraining, workshops facilities and materials as well as obsolete equipment in most of technical colleges in katsina zone, teachers of electrical electronics. Technology found it difficult to actualized the objective of technical education as profound by the national policy of education. These contribute to the failure of the student in the basic electrical/electronics courses.
Purpose of the study
The purpose of this study is to find out factors that will enhance the skills improvement needs of electrical/electronics technology teachers in technical college in katsina zone particularly the study is ought to focus on the following
i. Determine the quality of electrical/electronics technology teachers
ii. Determine the availability of electrical/electronics practical materials
iii. Determine the conditions and effectiveness of electrical/electronics workshop in the technical colleges.
Significance of the study
The finding of the study will be of useful and benefit to the teachers and administration of technical colleges in katsina.
It will also be of benefit to federal, state and local government for them to provide necessary facilities, materials, equipment, manpower and conducive environment for both the teachers and students in technical colleges.
It will also be of benefit to non government organization so as to assist the students/teachers with necessary facilities and equipment for teaching and learning of course.
The following research question will be formulated to guide the researchers for the study
i. What are the qualities of electrical/electronics technology teachers?
ii. What are the support by the ministry of education, science and technical board in improving the teaching/learning of electrical/electronic technology?
iii. What are the quality and quantities of electrical/electronic technology workshops, materials, tools, and equipment in the technical colleges?
Scope and delimitation of study
The study will be delimited to the skills improvement needs of electrical/electronics technology teachers in technical colleges in katsina zone namely.
i. Government technical college katsina
ii. Government technical college ingawa
iii. Government technical college mashi
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EGG CHOLESTEROL LEVEL AND BLOOD BIOCHEMICAL PROFILE OF SIX SPECIES OF POULTRY UNDER EXTENSIVE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM» ABSTRACT Six different poultry species (Indigenous chicken, Broiler, Turkey, Geese, Duck and Guinea fowl) were studied under extensive system of manag...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF INHALED CANNABIS SATIVA AND ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C) ON THE BODY WEIGHT, ORGAN WEIGHT AND SEX HORMONE IN MALE WISTAR RATS» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of contents vi Abstract xi CHAPTER ONE: INTRODU...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study aimed at investigating the influx of unqualified teachers in teaching Biology in secondary school in Sokoto metropolis. With the v...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The experiment was designed to determine the effect of two different solvent (N hexane and petroleum ether) on chemical composition of lemong...Continue Reading »
5. ABUNDANCE AND DIVERSITY OF BIRD SPECIES IN TREASURE OF THE UNIVERSE RESORT IN SABO AREA, KADUNA, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT This project was carried out to study the bird species abundance and diversity at the treasures of the universe, Sabo Kaduna Nigeria in order...Continue Reading »
6. MACROPHYTE DISTRIBUTION IN RELATION TO WATER QUALITY PARAMETERS IN SELECTED PONDS ALONG IKOT AKPADEM ACCESS ROAD, AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT Macrophyte distribution in relation to water quality parameters in roadside ponds was studied in a seasonal wetland at Mkpat Enin Local Gover...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Soren Kierkegaard is regarded as the father of contemporary existentialism. Existentialism, accor...Continue Reading »
8. A PRELIMINARY STUDY ON THE GASTROINTESTINAL HELMINTH PARASITES OF TOADS (Amietophyrnus regularis) IN NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE.» Amietophyrnus regularis a synonym of Bufo regularis is an amphibian in the family Bufonidae. Amietophyrnus regularis is commonly known as the African ...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECT OF COOPERATIVE LEARNING STRATEGY ON ATTITUDE AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF BIOLOGY STUDENTS OF DIFFERENT COGNITIVE STYLES IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERI...» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the effect of cooperative learning instructional strategy on the attitude and performance of SSII biol...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECTS OF VIDEO-LEARNING AND MIND-MAPPING APPROACHES ON BIOLOGY STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN GENETICS» ABSTRACT This study investigated “Effects of video learning approach and mind mapping approach on biology students’ academic achievement i...Continue Reading »