Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 82 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study was designed to assess factors influencing farmers‟ attitude and participation in CBARDP in Selected Local Government Areas of Kaduna State.Two Local Government Areas (L.G.A.s) were purposively selected and three villages from each of the L.G.A.s were randomly selected. Fifteen percent of the participants were then randomly selected using lottery method to obtain a sample size of 189 respondents. Data was collected through the use of a structured questionnaire and analyzed using descriptive statistics, multiple regression analysis and paired t-test.The results showed that majority (94%) of the participants were male. About 34% of the participants were of the age range of 41-50 years, 86% were married with 54% having a household size range of 1-5persons and 50% having no formal education. The attitude of the participants towards CBARDP was positive and their participation was moderate. The significant factors that influenced the attitude of the farmers towards CBARDP were education, extension contact, access to credit and marital status while age, education, extension contact, membership of associations and access to credit were positively and significantly influential on farmers‟ participation in CBARDP. The estimated average annual yield increased from 1340.04kg/ha before the participation to 2087.25kg/ha after the participation. The average annual income also increased from ₦111,459 before the participation to ₦193,903.70 after participation. The study was anticipated to give a picture of the success and constraints of the programme and also provide measures for areas of improvement. It was recommended that a similar programme should be organized in all theLocal Government areas of the state by Government and non-governmental agencies so as to improve farmers‟ welfare and level of living.
1.1 Background to the Study
The Nigerian rural sector with abundance of human and natural resources
accommodates 49.7 % of the nation‟s population (World Bank, 2011). It is also
estimated that 85% of the extremely poor people in Nigeria currently live in rural areas
(World Bank, 2011). The low performance of agricultural sector in rural areas does not
only threaten their livelihood but also affects the production capacity of the natural
resource base, accelerates environmental degradationand fails to address poverty and
malnutrition (Ashley and Maxwell 2011).In order to enhance the performance of
agricultural sector, government in Nigeria has introduced several programmes that
include Community-Based Agricultural and Rural Development Programme
Attitude and participation are two important issues in CBARDP and other agricultural
development programmes. They are critical for successful and accepted programmes
because they facilitate development plans.The attitude of the people determine whether
the expected outcome in a development process will be favourable or unfavourable.
Change in attitude has to do with other personality characteristics such as susceptibility
to persuasion, intelligence and readiness to accept change. People are always adopting,
modifying, and relinquishing their attitude to fit their ever changing needs and interests.
Change in people‟s attitude depends on who is presenting the knowledge, how it is
presented, the credibility of the communicator and the condition by which the
knowledge was received (Hallorah, 1967).The employment of more qualified and
experienced extension workers,especially subject matter specialists and the adoption of
farmer first approach to agricultural research and development have therefore been
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Inflation has been apparent in Nigeria from the outset of her national life as it was propelled i...Continue Reading »
2. HETEROSIS AND COMBINING ABILITY FOR SUGAR CONTENT AND GRAIN YIELD IN SWEET AND GRAIN SORGHUM (SORGHUM BICOLOR L. MOENCH) HYBRIDS» ABSTRACT This research was conducted to study heterosis and inheritance of sugar, grain yield and other agronomic traits in sweet sorghum. The parenta...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF ROAD TRANSPORTATION MODE IN THE MARKETING OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS. (A CASE STUDY OF ABAKALIKI L.G.A. EBONYI STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The quest of achieve self sufficiency food production is one of the highest priority areas facing most of the world&rsquo...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF FARMERS’AWARENESS AND ADAPTATION MEASURES TO CLIMATE CHANGE IN THE NORTHERN ZONE OF SOKOTO STATE AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study According to Ayoade (2006), climate is the mean state of atmosphere of an area over a defined per...Continue Reading »
5. POPULATION PRESSURE AND AGRICULTURAL LAND PRODUCTIVITY A CASE STUDY OF TAI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, RIVERS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY In recent times, one of the major issues in the world especially in third world countries has been the al...Continue Reading »
6. THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT OF POULTRY MARKETING AND PRODUCTION: A CASE STUDY OF ORHIONMWON LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA,EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Poultry refers to all domesticated birds kept for meat and eggs production. Eggs and poultry meat are...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Natural resources include the whole earth’s natural environment. A resource is anything that me...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study has examined the history of Kaduna State Agricultural Development Project (KADP) in Kaduna State. The study found out that the act...Continue Reading »
9. ANALYSIS OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC FACTORS AFFECTING PARTICIPATION OF FARMERS IN GROWTH ENHANCEMENT SUPPORT SCHEME PROGRAMME FOR LIVELIHOOD IN KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The study was conducted to determine farmers‟ participation in Growth Enhancement Support scheme (GESS) programme in Kaduna State. The outp...Continue Reading »
10. MAXIMIZING YIELD AND NET RETURNS TO NITROGEN, PHOSPHORUS AND POTASSIUM FERTILIZER APPLICATION IN RICE (Oryza sativa.L) PRODUCTION ON LOW LAND SOILS» ABSTRACT Rice(Oryzasativa.L)isanimportantstapleandsourceofincomeforfarmersinNigeria.Currentfertilizerrecommendationsforricedonotcommonlyconsiderfertil...Continue Reading »