Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study examined livelihood strategies and their contribution to poverty reduction among farming households in Chikun and ZangoKataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, Censored Tobit regression Model and the Foster-Greer-Thorbeck‟s (FGT) measures of poverty.The distribution of respondents by nature of livelihood activities revealed that trade had the majority of respondents with 54% followed by artisanship which had 20.5% and civil service 17%. On the extent of livelihood diversification, majority (71%) of farming household had low level of diversification (depend on one sources of livelihood) with25% of farming household moderately diversified (depend on two sources of livelihood) and only 4% of the respondent were highly diversified.The study revealed that the major factor which negatively influenced the choice oflivelihood strategies was household size and nearness to market while factors such as age, gender, education, income of the farmer and credit received had positive effects on the adoption of the livelihood strategy respectively. Respondents‟ distribution bypoverty status showed that poverty incidence, depth and severity were 0.56, 0.25, and 0.14 respectively. The relative contribution from livelihood diversification amounted to about 56.14% of total household non-farm income and about 43.86% was from farm income sources. It was found that the major constraints to livelihood diversification were lack of access to formal loan, unstable electricity, high cost premises and poor access to market, Therefore, from policy perspective, Government should try as a matter of urgency to provide quality education to the masses (especially of the girl-child – being the most disadvantaged), this is because households with a more educated members tend to be more efficient in agricultural production or off farm activities. Also there is need for government to empowerwomen in terms of equal access to productive resources and employment opportunities This could increase the off-farm activities that could generate more income thereby enhancing poverty reduction among households. Furthermore, Government should provide sufficient resources to develop infrastructure, organize public services and implement development programs.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Natural resources include the whole earth’s natural environment. A resource is anything that me...Continue Reading »
2. The role of plants in the treatment of diseases caused by micro-organisms based in the natural products» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUNG OF STUDY 1.1.1 Phyllantus This is a genus of the family Euphorbiaceae. It was first identified in Central and ...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF BAMBOO EXTRACTION IN THE DETOXIFICATION OF COAL RICH SOIL IN UKWU-NZU IN ANIOACHA NORTH L.G.A, DELTA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Bamboo, the giant grass, is a vernacular term for members of subfamily Bambusoideae of family Poa...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was conductedin Katsina State with the objective of investigating the causes of farmer herder conflict and the performance of manag...Continue Reading »
5. HETEROSIS AND COMBINING ABILITY FOR SUGAR CONTENT AND GRAIN YIELD IN SWEET AND GRAIN SORGHUM (SORGHUM BICOLOR L. MOENCH) HYBRIDS» ABSTRACT This research was conducted to study heterosis and inheritance of sugar, grain yield and other agronomic traits in sweet sorghum. The parenta...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The There is no contention to the fact that the purpose of any business outfit is not only to mak...Continue Reading »
7. PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF BROILER CHICKENS FED GRADED LEVELS OF ONION (Allium cepa) AND ONION WITH BACTOFORT®» ABSTRACT Two feeding trials were conducted to evaluate growth performance, carcass characteristics, nutrient digestibility, haematological and serum b...Continue Reading »
8. FACTORS INFLUENCING PARTICIPATION OF FARMERS IN BROWN SUGAR PROCESSING IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study was conducted to assess farmer‘s participation in brown sugar processing in Makarfi, Soba and Kubau LGAs. A multistage sampli...Continue Reading »
9. STRATEGIES FOR INVOLVING RURAL FARMERS IN AGRICULTURAL BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION IN AKWA IBOM STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTROUCTION The conservation of biodiversity is one aspect of environment, which has recently receivedglobal attention. Biodiversity refer...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study identified strategies for ensuring food security in Taraba State. Specifically, the study was designed to identify the determinants...Continue Reading »