Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study examined livelihood strategies and their contribution to poverty reduction among farming households in Chikun and ZangoKataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, Censored Tobit regression Model and the Foster-Greer-Thorbeck‟s (FGT) measures of poverty.The distribution of respondents by nature of livelihood activities revealed that trade had the majority of respondents with 54% followed by artisanship which had 20.5% and civil service 17%. On the extent of livelihood diversification, majority (71%) of farming household had low level of diversification (depend on one sources of livelihood) with25% of farming household moderately diversified (depend on two sources of livelihood) and only 4% of the respondent were highly diversified.The study revealed that the major factor which negatively influenced the choice oflivelihood strategies was household size and nearness to market while factors such as age, gender, education, income of the farmer and credit received had positive effects on the adoption of the livelihood strategy respectively. Respondents‟ distribution bypoverty status showed that poverty incidence, depth and severity were 0.56, 0.25, and 0.14 respectively. The relative contribution from livelihood diversification amounted to about 56.14% of total household non-farm income and about 43.86% was from farm income sources. It was found that the major constraints to livelihood diversification were lack of access to formal loan, unstable electricity, high cost premises and poor access to market, Therefore, from policy perspective, Government should try as a matter of urgency to provide quality education to the masses (especially of the girl-child – being the most disadvantaged), this is because households with a more educated members tend to be more efficient in agricultural production or off farm activities. Also there is need for government to empowerwomen in terms of equal access to productive resources and employment opportunities This could increase the off-farm activities that could generate more income thereby enhancing poverty reduction among households. Furthermore, Government should provide sufficient resources to develop infrastructure, organize public services and implement development programs.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. HETEROSIS AND COMBINING ABILITY FOR SUGAR CONTENT AND GRAIN YIELD IN SWEET AND GRAIN SORGHUM (SORGHUM BICOLOR L. MOENCH) HYBRIDS» ABSTRACT This research was conducted to study heterosis and inheritance of sugar, grain yield and other agronomic traits in sweet sorghum. The parenta...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 102 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» Abstract Considering the abundant agro opportunities around the country, Nigeria has no justifiable reasons to constitute part of the over one billion...Continue Reading »
51 pages | 28 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
3. ASSESSMENT OF AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION WORKERS IN ENHANCING FARMERS YIELDS IN CHIKUN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi List of tables ix Abstract x CHAP...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 405 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» ABSTRACT This project work is primarily designed to provide complete understanding of poultry farming as an economic tool commercial poultry farming i...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 460 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» ABSTRACT Fish is a major source of food for humans, providing significant portion of the protein intake in the diet of large proportion of the people,...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 331 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» Abstract Pastoralism is the most traditional of ruminant livestock production systems in which extensive movement of the animals in search of pastures...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 359 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
7. THE ROLE OF AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION WORKER IN EDUCATING FARMERS IN PLANTAIN PRODUCTION IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS IN EDO STATE» ABSTRACT The study examined the role of extension workers in educating farmers and constraints farmers face in plantain production in some selected ar...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 267 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
8. THE IMPACT OF BAMBOO EXTRACTION IN THE DETOXIFICATION OF COAL RICH SOIL IN UKWU-NZU IN ANIOACHA NORTH L.G.A, DELTA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Bamboo, the giant grass, is a vernacular term for members of subfamily Bambusoideae of family Poa...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 291 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
9. INFORMATION DISSEMINATION ON AGRICULTURE IN NIGERIA: A CASE OF STUDY ANAMBRA STATE AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (ADP) AWKA.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 DEFINITION OF INFORMATION Information is referred to anything that you are capable of perceiving, this can include wr...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 350 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» ABSTRACTIn recent decades, the potential contribution of agriculture to economic growth has been a subject of controversy among development economists...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 379 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION