Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study examined livelihood strategies and their contribution to poverty reduction among farming households in Chikun and ZangoKataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, Censored Tobit regression Model and the Foster-Greer-Thorbeck‟s (FGT) measures of poverty.The distribution of respondents by nature of livelihood activities revealed that trade had the majority of respondents with 54% followed by artisanship which had 20.5% and civil service 17%. On the extent of livelihood diversification, majority (71%) of farming household had low level of diversification (depend on one sources of livelihood) with25% of farming household moderately diversified (depend on two sources of livelihood) and only 4% of the respondent were highly diversified.The study revealed that the major factor which negatively influenced the choice oflivelihood strategies was household size and nearness to market while factors such as age, gender, education, income of the farmer and credit received had positive effects on the adoption of the livelihood strategy respectively. Respondents‟ distribution bypoverty status showed that poverty incidence, depth and severity were 0.56, 0.25, and 0.14 respectively. The relative contribution from livelihood diversification amounted to about 56.14% of total household non-farm income and about 43.86% was from farm income sources. It was found that the major constraints to livelihood diversification were lack of access to formal loan, unstable electricity, high cost premises and poor access to market, Therefore, from policy perspective, Government should try as a matter of urgency to provide quality education to the masses (especially of the girl-child – being the most disadvantaged), this is because households with a more educated members tend to be more efficient in agricultural production or off farm activities. Also there is need for government to empowerwomen in terms of equal access to productive resources and employment opportunities This could increase the off-farm activities that could generate more income thereby enhancing poverty reduction among households. Furthermore, Government should provide sufficient resources to develop infrastructure, organize public services and implement development programs.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THREE STRAINS OF BROILER CHICKENS USING GROWTH TRAITS, BIOCHEMICAL PROFILE AND MATHEMATICAL MODELS» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to compare three strains (Arbor Acre, Marshal and Ross) of broiler chickens using growth traits, biochemical profile...Continue Reading »
2. The role of plants in the treatment of diseases caused by micro-organisms based in the natural products» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUNG OF STUDY 1.1.1 Phyllantus This is a genus of the family Euphorbiaceae. It was first identified in Central and ...Continue Reading »
3. IMPACT OF AGRICULTURAL MARKETING COOPERATIVE ON SALES PROMOTION (A Study of National Archives Multipurpose Cooperative Society Ltd)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The need of Agricultural marketing arises with the production of excess, over and above consumpti...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was conducted to identify the challenges in administering the Cross River State Ministry of Agriculture, Nigeria. All the staff of ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research was carried out based on the perception of farmers of the effect of climate change on farm produce. The aim of the study was to ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The domestic cat (Felis catus) is one of the most favorite animal and companion of humans in many parts of the world. Thi...Continue Reading »
7. URBAN AGRICULTURAL ACTIVITIEACVS: STATE ANDURBAN AGRICULTURAL ACTIVITIES: STATE AND NEEDS OF FARM OPERATIONS IN ENUGIJ. NEEDS OF FARM OPERATIONS IN EN...» Abstract The main driv,ing force for farmers to become engaged in urban agriculture are food security and income generation (poverty alleviation). In ...Continue Reading »
8. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF POULTRY MANURE AND NPK FERTILIZER ON THE GROWTH PARAMETER OF TOMATO (Lycopersicum Esculentum)» ABSTRACT This study determined the comparative analysis of poultry manure and NPK fertilizer on the growth of tomato in Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna Stat...Continue Reading »
» xi ABSTRACT In spite of the use of available production technologies by swamp rice farmers, much of the world’s intensive food production is sti...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPORTANCE OF FISH PRODUCTION AND ITS MARKETING VALUE IN UGHELLI NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, OF DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT The importance of fish production and marketing value of fish production in Ughilli North East Local Government Area of Delta State. Fishery ...Continue Reading »