Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study examined livelihood strategies and their contribution to poverty reduction among farming households in Chikun and ZangoKataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, Censored Tobit regression Model and the Foster-Greer-Thorbeck‟s (FGT) measures of poverty.The distribution of respondents by nature of livelihood activities revealed that trade had the majority of respondents with 54% followed by artisanship which had 20.5% and civil service 17%. On the extent of livelihood diversification, majority (71%) of farming household had low level of diversification (depend on one sources of livelihood) with25% of farming household moderately diversified (depend on two sources of livelihood) and only 4% of the respondent were highly diversified.The study revealed that the major factor which negatively influenced the choice oflivelihood strategies was household size and nearness to market while factors such as age, gender, education, income of the farmer and credit received had positive effects on the adoption of the livelihood strategy respectively. Respondents‟ distribution bypoverty status showed that poverty incidence, depth and severity were 0.56, 0.25, and 0.14 respectively. The relative contribution from livelihood diversification amounted to about 56.14% of total household non-farm income and about 43.86% was from farm income sources. It was found that the major constraints to livelihood diversification were lack of access to formal loan, unstable electricity, high cost premises and poor access to market, Therefore, from policy perspective, Government should try as a matter of urgency to provide quality education to the masses (especially of the girl-child – being the most disadvantaged), this is because households with a more educated members tend to be more efficient in agricultural production or off farm activities. Also there is need for government to empowerwomen in terms of equal access to productive resources and employment opportunities This could increase the off-farm activities that could generate more income thereby enhancing poverty reduction among households. Furthermore, Government should provide sufficient resources to develop infrastructure, organize public services and implement development programs.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. URBAN AGRICULTURAL ACTIVITIEACVS: STATE ANDURBAN AGRICULTURAL ACTIVITIES: STATE AND NEEDS OF FARM OPERATIONS IN ENUGIJ. NEEDS OF FARM OPERATIONS IN EN...» Abstract The main driv,ing force for farmers to become engaged in urban agriculture are food security and income generation (poverty alleviation). In ...Continue Reading »
2. FACTORS INFLUENCING ADOPTION OF FARO 52 RICE PACKAGE BY FARMERS IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF NIGER STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACTThe study assessed the factors influencing adoption of FARO 52 rice package by farmers in selected Local Government Areas of Niger state. Stru...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study aims at evaluating the oil sector vis a vis the agricultural sector in Nigeria from 1981 2007. The role of agriculture in the Nige...Continue Reading »
4. IMPACT OF AGRICULTURAL MARKETING COOPERATIVE ON SALES PROMOTION (A Study of National Archives Multipurpose Cooperative Society Ltd)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The need of Agricultural marketing arises with the production of excess, over and above consumpti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study In Nigeria, vegetable crops are produced in different agro ecological zones through commerci...Continue Reading »
6. GENDER AND REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS COPING STRATEGIES IN ACHIEVING DESIRED FAMILY SIZES BY WOMEN IN SELECTED RURAL AND URBAN COMMUNITIES IN ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study The notion of the reproductive rights of women is increasingly topical in a dynamic continuum of...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was conductedin Katsina State with the objective of investigating the causes of farmer herder conflict and the performance of manag...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Natural resources include the whole earth’s natural environment. A resource is anything that me...Continue Reading »
9. MAXIMIZING YIELD AND NET RETURNS TO NITROGEN, PHOSPHORUS AND POTASSIUM FERTILIZER APPLICATION IN RICE (Oryza sativa.L) PRODUCTION ON LOW LAND SOILS» ABSTRACT Rice(Oryzasativa.L)isanimportantstapleandsourceofincomeforfarmersinNigeria.Currentfertilizerrecommendationsforricedonotcommonlyconsiderfertil...Continue Reading »
10. EVALUATE THE FACTORS INFLUENCING WOMEN AND YOUTHS IN PARTICIPATING AGRICULTURAL ACTIVITIES IN THE JEMA’A LOCAL GOVERNMENT KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Agriculture is an important components of the agribusiness value chain considered as necessary to...Continue Reading »