Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study examined livelihood strategies and their contribution to poverty reduction among farming households in Chikun and ZangoKataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, Censored Tobit regression Model and the Foster-Greer-Thorbeck‟s (FGT) measures of poverty.The distribution of respondents by nature of livelihood activities revealed that trade had the majority of respondents with 54% followed by artisanship which had 20.5% and civil service 17%. On the extent of livelihood diversification, majority (71%) of farming household had low level of diversification (depend on one sources of livelihood) with25% of farming household moderately diversified (depend on two sources of livelihood) and only 4% of the respondent were highly diversified.The study revealed that the major factor which negatively influenced the choice oflivelihood strategies was household size and nearness to market while factors such as age, gender, education, income of the farmer and credit received had positive effects on the adoption of the livelihood strategy respectively. Respondents‟ distribution bypoverty status showed that poverty incidence, depth and severity were 0.56, 0.25, and 0.14 respectively. The relative contribution from livelihood diversification amounted to about 56.14% of total household non-farm income and about 43.86% was from farm income sources. It was found that the major constraints to livelihood diversification were lack of access to formal loan, unstable electricity, high cost premises and poor access to market, Therefore, from policy perspective, Government should try as a matter of urgency to provide quality education to the masses (especially of the girl-child – being the most disadvantaged), this is because households with a more educated members tend to be more efficient in agricultural production or off farm activities. Also there is need for government to empowerwomen in terms of equal access to productive resources and employment opportunities This could increase the off-farm activities that could generate more income thereby enhancing poverty reduction among households. Furthermore, Government should provide sufficient resources to develop infrastructure, organize public services and implement development programs.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSING RAW MATERIAL INSPECTION AND IT IMPACTS ON QUALITY OF PRODUCTION IN NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY, KADUNA» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The ideal situation for inspection is of course one in which no inspection is necessary. This is b...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 186 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Agriculture in Nigeria has remained the largest sector contributing nearly 39% to the gross d...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 404 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» ABSTRACT Bush burning removes the natural vegetation cover that protects the soil surface. This exposes the land to the effects of wind and water eros...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 225 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
4. EVALUATING THE IMPACT OF EXTENSION WORKERS ON AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT AMONG RURAL FARMERS IN ESIT EKET LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, AKWA IBOM STATE, NIGERI...» ABSTRACT The term curriculum refers to the lessons and academic content taught in a school or in a specific course or program. However, experiences ov...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 264 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» ABSTRACT Poultry production has in no small way helped to develop the community and people of Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area, mostly in Idogbo the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 235 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study In Nigeria, vegetable crops are produced in different agro ecological zones through commerci...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 244 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
7. CYTOGENETIC SCREENING OF DIFFERENT BREEDS OF RABBIT FOR GROWTH POTENTIALS IN A WARM HUMID TROPICAL ENVIRONMENT» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the x chromatin status of different breeds of rabbit and their crosses. The genotypes were Newzealand ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 117 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
8. AN OPTIMAL INVENTORY CONTROL OF RAW MATERIALS AND NETWORK ANALYSIS OF PRODUCTION PLANNING (A CASE STUDY OF AKA PAINT NIGERIA LIMITED)» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at determining the optimal quantity of raw materials to be ordered for and when best to make the order. It also aimed in ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 477 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
9. THE ROLE OF AGRICULTURE EXTENSION IN INCREASING FOOD PRODUCTION AS A STRATEGY IN REDUCING POVERTY» ABSTRACT The majority of agricultural producers in Nigeria still use the traditional approach in crop production with technological change very slow a...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 38 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
10. THE ROLE OF ROAD TRANSPORTATION MODE IN THE MARKETING OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS. (A CASE STUDY OF ABAKALIKI L.G.A. EBONYI STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The quest of achieve self sufficiency food production is one of the highest priority areas facing most of the world&rsquo...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 192 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION