Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study examined livelihood strategies and their contribution to poverty reduction among farming households in Chikun and ZangoKataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, Censored Tobit regression Model and the Foster-Greer-Thorbeck‟s (FGT) measures of poverty.The distribution of respondents by nature of livelihood activities revealed that trade had the majority of respondents with 54% followed by artisanship which had 20.5% and civil service 17%. On the extent of livelihood diversification, majority (71%) of farming household had low level of diversification (depend on one sources of livelihood) with25% of farming household moderately diversified (depend on two sources of livelihood) and only 4% of the respondent were highly diversified.The study revealed that the major factor which negatively influenced the choice oflivelihood strategies was household size and nearness to market while factors such as age, gender, education, income of the farmer and credit received had positive effects on the adoption of the livelihood strategy respectively. Respondents‟ distribution bypoverty status showed that poverty incidence, depth and severity were 0.56, 0.25, and 0.14 respectively. The relative contribution from livelihood diversification amounted to about 56.14% of total household non-farm income and about 43.86% was from farm income sources. It was found that the major constraints to livelihood diversification were lack of access to formal loan, unstable electricity, high cost premises and poor access to market, Therefore, from policy perspective, Government should try as a matter of urgency to provide quality education to the masses (especially of the girl-child – being the most disadvantaged), this is because households with a more educated members tend to be more efficient in agricultural production or off farm activities. Also there is need for government to empowerwomen in terms of equal access to productive resources and employment opportunities This could increase the off-farm activities that could generate more income thereby enhancing poverty reduction among households. Furthermore, Government should provide sufficient resources to develop infrastructure, organize public services and implement development programs.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. STATISTICAL MODELLING AND OPTIMIZATION OF THE DRYING CHARACTERISTICS OF MUSA PARADISIACA (UNRIPE PLANTAIN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Drying is probably the oldest and the most important method of food preservation practiced by humans...Continue Reading »
83 pages | 370 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
2. EFFECTS OFACTIVITIES OF LAND SPECULATORS ON WOMEN FARMERS CROP OUTPUT AND INCOME IN KUJE AREA COUNCIL FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY (FCT), ABUJA, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT This study examined the effects of the activities of land speculators on the livelihood of women farmers in Kuje Area Council Federal Capital...Continue Reading »
82 pages | 267 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» ABSTRACT Fish is a major source of food for humans, providing significant portion of the protein intake in the diet of large proportion of the people,...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 386 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» ABSTRACT This project work is primarily designed to provide complete understanding of poultry farming as an economic tool commercial poultry farming i...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 595 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The survival of rural poultry industry in developing countries depends to a large extent on the t...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 360 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
6. THE IMPORTANCE OF FISH PRODUCTION AND ITS MARKETING VALUE IN UGHELLI NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, OF DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT The importance of fish production and marketing value of fish production in Ughilli North East Local Government Area of Delta State. Fishery ...Continue Reading »
31 pages | 69 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
7. EFFECTS OF FERTILIZER LEVELS AND HARVEST TIME ON YIELD OF Panicum maximum cv. Mombasa AND ITS NUTRIENT DIGESTIBILITY BY RED SOKOTO BUCKS» ABSTRACT The first study was carried out to determine the effects of application of varied levels of fertilizer (NPK 15 15 15) and harvest time on yie...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 208 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
8. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF POULTRY MANURE AND NPK FERTILIZER ON THE GROWTH PARAMETER OF TOMATO (Lycopersicum Esculentum)» ABSTRACT This study determined the comparative analysis of poultry manure and NPK fertilizer on the growth of tomato in Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna Stat...Continue Reading »
34 pages | 98 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» TABLE CONTENTS Approval page Dedication Abstract Acknowledgement Table of content CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Relevance of project 1.2 Site inspectio...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 711 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Poultry business and first introduce to Nigeria in the late fifties with the importation of selected breeds of exotic pou...Continue Reading »
35 pages | 85 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION