Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 75 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Extraction other-wise called leaching is the preferential solution of one or more constituents of a solid mixture by contact with a liquid solvent. This unit operation, one of the oldest in the chemical industries, here been given many names, depending to some extent upon the technique used for carrying it out extraction of oil form groundnut seeds can be carried out using any of the two solid-liquid extraction methods namely: mechanical extraction method or the used of solvent other- wise called mass-transfer method. The yield of the second method is higher but contains more impurities than the first method and it requires another unit operation (distillation) in purity it better.
The success of an extraction and the technique to be used will vary frequently depending upon any prior treatment which may be given to he solid. In some instance small particles of the soluble material are completely surrounded by a matrix of insoluble matter. The solvent must then diffuse into the mass, and the resulting solution must diffuse out before a separation can result. Crushing and grinding of such solids will greatly alliterate the leaching action, since then the soluble portions are made more accessible to the solvent.
Seeds like groundnut seeds and other vegetable seeds are cellular in structure, and the natural products to be leached form this material are usually found inside the cells. if the cell walls remain intact upon exposure to a suitable solvent, the leaching involves osmotic passage of the solute through the cell walls. This may be slow, but in is impractical and sometime undesirable to grind the material small enough to release the contents of individual cells.
Oil constitutes a well-defined class of neutral organic substance, which are essential constituents of all forms of plant and animal life. They are soluble in other and organic solvents but not in water. Commercial oils are however from a relatively few member of the plant and animal kingdom available forms. They are primary a product of agriculture although these is also a considerably production from uncultivated tropical plants and from mature animals. Oil can be grouped into edible and non-edible depending on the amount of unspecified matters and impurities. Owing to the fact that the use of oil from crop seed as a major raw materials has increased in recent yeses their has been the need for extended and numerous research works based on the extraction of these oil. Form its seeds as economically efficiently as possible.
The only possible way of obtaining large quality of oil from oil being vegetable or plant materials is by extraction and this could best be achieve using leading process. This process can be accomplished by a variety of ways but as might be expected its efficiency depends to an extant an obtaining intimate contact between the liquid solvent and the solid containing he solute. Leaching reduces the oil content in the residue to about 0.5-1.5 percent as compared.
With about 5-9 percent by mechanical process. The types of solvent available for leaching include 17-hexane, petroleum ether benzene ethyl ether etc which are high petroleum fractions. The choice of a solvent for extraction is a function of its volatility and relative volatility for easy separation by distillation.
Groundnut oil is used primary in homes for cooking and also as an industrial raw material for other usefully products.
1.2 SCOPE AIMS/ OBJECTIVES FO THE PROJECT
The scope of this research project is to extract oil from groundnut seeds and compare the yields obtained using different solvents and to standard.
Also the project is aimed at characterizing the extracted oil by determining the physical and chemical properties of the oil.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study sought to establish youth Participation in Agricultural Activities in Jema’a Local Government of Kaduna State, Nigeria. The ...Continue Reading »
2. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF (CLARIAS GARIEPINUS) CATFISH PRODUCTION BY RURAL FARMERS IN AKWA IBOM STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study accessed the economic analysis of (ClasiaGariePinus) catfish production by rural farmers in AkwaIbom State, Nigeria. The specific o...Continue Reading »
3. STATISTICAL MODELLING AND OPTIMIZATION OF THE DRYING CHARACTERISTICS OF MUSA PARADISIACA (UNRIPE PLANTAIN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Drying is probably the oldest and the most important method of food preservation practiced by humans...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Far way back in 1900, while drilling an oil well in Spindle tops Texas, the drilling crew used variou...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF AGRICULTURE EXTENSION IN INCREASING FOOD PRODUCTION AS A STRATEGY IN REDUCING POVERTY» ABSTRACT The majority of agricultural producers in Nigeria still use the traditional approach in crop production with technological change very slow a...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Pastoralism is the most traditional of ruminant livestock production systems in which extensive movement of the animals in search of pastures...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the effect of rural urban migration on agricultural production in Ukwuani Local Government Area of Delta State, Nigeria. ...Continue Reading »
8. FACTORS INFLUENCING ADOPTION OF RECOMMENDED IRISH POTATO PRODUCTION PRACTICES IN KUDAN AND GIWA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The broad objective of this study is to examine the factors influencing adoption of improved Irish potato production practices in Kudan and G...Continue Reading »
9. IMPACT OF AGRICULTURAL MARKETING COOPERATIVE ON SALES PROMOTION (A Study of National Archives Multipurpose Cooperative Society Ltd)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The need of Agricultural marketing arises with the production of excess, over and above consumpti...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The main objective of the study was to determine the farmers’ perception of Growth Enhancement Support (GES) scheme in Kogi State. A to...Continue Reading »