Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
In turbulent time, an organisation has to be managed properly in order to withstand the changes in the environment and to protect itself from unexpected events such as business failure and eventual winding up. In every profit seeking organisation, financial management is very necessary for proper accounting record and investment decision. Therefore, the success or failure of the enterprise solely depends on the financial management. Most enterprises have had some outstanding success while others have been dismal failures.
An organization in this context is more than a group. It is something more than a casual human assemblage such as a social part or a class of accounting students.
According to Drucker, an organization is defined as a concrete social process with more definable boundaries through which interaction must take place and by striving towards goals requiring mutual effort”. Organisation can also be defined as a system of coordinate activities by two or more participant in order to actualize common goals.
The need for account record in our economy becomes obvious in Nigeria during the Nigeria enterprises promotion decree of 2003, when the problem of inadequate manpower to replace the foreigners became evident. This therefore called for training of more accountants from our universities and other higher institutions, such as polytechnic and colleges of education. Needs for organisation to keep financial accounting record is to know how much profit they make from trade and what their financial position is at a giving time.
Hence, Wanogho (2006), define accounting as a process of recording classifying, selecting, measuring, interpreting and communicating all financial data of an organisation to enable users make assessment and decision.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The importance of accounting in profit making organisation is of a significant nature. But some business organisation has been faced with some problems which resulted to their winding up. Some of these problems are viz:
i. Lack of systematic records for financial transaction.
ii. No record for the value of asset and liabilities record.
iii. Lack of recording and assessment of profit or loss made at given time.
iv. Lack of recording the value of expenses.
v. No provision for financial record used for comparative purpose.
vi. Lack of position and improvement in the efficient running of a business over a period.
vii. Lack of distribution of funds (i.e. loan and other resources).
1.3 Objectives of the Study
This research will help many business concerns on how to run a profit making them understand the importance of accounting in the following ways:
i. According enables business organisation to keep their record so that the business man will know the profit made or losses incurred in a given period.
ii. Help to know the financial position of a business at any determined period.
iii. To know how much tax is to pay after the declaration of profit.
iv. Reduce cases of fraud associated with improper record keeping by management.
1.4 Research Questions
The questions asked in this study are viz.
i. Are the recording of financial transaction important in profit making organisation?
ii. Will the lack of recording of value asset and liabilities any effect in profit making organisation?
iii. Are the assessment of profit or loss important in profit making organisation?
iv. Are the lacks of recording of the values of expenses any affect on profit making organisation?
v. Are the record of provision for depreciation important in profit making organisation.
1.5 Significance of the Study
The significance of this study is to highlight the visible importance of accounting record in profit making organisation. This research will be of a great aid to government and private organisation (both large and small scale business) in enlightening them on the importance of accounting and recording the day to day activities or informed in profit making organisation.
1.6 Scope of study
The research work of this nature is a lengthy one and the research, though intend to conduct an extensive survey, nevertheless the study shall be restricted under Esco Supermarket, Warri, Delta State.
Moreover, in carrying out the research, certain category of people which include accountants, managers, and sales representative in these selected few are best suited for this research.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
The limitations encounter in the course of this study includes:
i. Time constraint
ii. Resources of the researcher disposal
iii. Availability of relevant data of information
iv. Existence of other limiting factors no readily envisaged.
1.8 Definition of Terms
i. Accounting: This is the process of recording classifying, selecting, measuring, interpreting and communicating financial data of an organisation to enable users make assessment and decision. T is a disciple which comprises a set theories and concept for processing financial data into information.
ii. Book keeping: This is the actual systematic recording of daily transaction in the appropriate book called book keeping.
iii. Profit: Profit is reward which becomes due to the owners of a business as a result of a successful period of trading.
iv. Accounting Equation: This is a method of calculating for asset and liabilities of a business. The fundamental formula is
Asset – Liability = Capital
v. Asset: Asset can be defined as the properties of a business e.g van, equipment, inventory, cash etc.
vi. Capital: This is the proprietor’s fund or net worth of business that is owner’s equity.
vii. Liabilities: This is an amount owned by the enterprise to outsiders or customers.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE COURSE ALLOCATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN» ABSTRACT On this project, the purpose of the course allocation management system is to develop with ease and smoothen the course management allocation...Continue Reading »
2. ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT AS A MANAGERIAL TOOL FOR DECISION MAKING (A Case Study Of Nwokeji Urban Planning And Architectural ...» Abstract Financial Statement Analysis and Interpretation is a very vital instrument of good management decision making in business enterprise. Good de...Continue Reading »
3. EVALUTION OF ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF IBESIKPO ASUTAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» ABSTRACT This study appraised the Accounting system in the Local Government Councils in Akwa Ibom State in which Ibesikpo Asutan Local Government Coun...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF BANK FAIL EFFECTIVE BUDGETARY CONTROL AS AN INSTRUMENT FOR ORGANIZATIONAL SURVIVAL IN NIGERIA ECONOMY» ABSTRACTThis study was undertaken to verify how much effective budgetary control contributes organization survival. The objective are focused on deter...Continue Reading »
5. ACCOUNTING FOR MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS IN THE NIGERIAN BANKING INDUSTRY. (A CASE STUDY OF UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC IN LAGOS AND UYO METROPOLIS)» ABSTRACT The study was designed to examine Mergers and Acquisitions in the Banking Industry in Nigeria using United Bank for Africa as a case study. T...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Accounting Information Systems (AISs) are a tool which, when incorporated into the field of Infor...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In the word of Armstrong (1988), the process of motivation is initiated by the conscious and unco...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This project work investigates the role of auditors in the detection of fraud in some business organization. In carrying out this research wo...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF INVENTORY VALUATION ON PROFIT MEASUREMENT OF THE COMPANY (A STUDY OF IDEMS ULTIMATE LIMITED, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to Lucey T. (2009), stocks or inventory is one of the largest and most valuable current...Continue Reading »
10. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF ANTIMICROBIAL STRENGTH OF THREE MOST COMMON ANTIBIOTICS USED IN ENUGU (CASE STUDY OF ANTIBIOTICS DRUGS BROUGHT IN OBIAGU.)» INTRODUCTION 1.1 HISTORICAL BACK GROUND Antibiotics are chemicals when the chemical are put into the body; they stop the growth of kinds of germs. The...Continue Reading »