Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study examines the influence of Firm Attributes on Financial Information Quality of listed Deposit Money Bank in Nigeria. Firm Attributes were proxied with Economic Profit, Firm Size, Dividend, Leverage and Firm Growth, while Financial Information Quality was proxied with Discretionary Loan Loss Provision Model (Chang et al. 2008). The study employed the use of criteria to arrive at the sample size consisting of thirteen (13) listed Deposit Money Banks (DMB’s) in Nigeria out of twenty (20) listed DMB’s as contained in Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation’s Annual Report at 31stDecember 2012. Secondary data was extracted from the Audited annual reports of the sampled firms from 2006–2012. Both normality test and multicolinearity test were conducted to diagnose the result. The findings revealed that, all the firm attributes used in the study has positive and significant influence on the Financial Information Quality of listed Deposit Money Banks in Nigeria. Therefore it is recommended that the Listed Deposit Money Banks should strive to increase their Economic Profit, Total Asset, and have a consistent increase in dividend payment, while using considerable level of debt to finance the firm activities.
1.1 Background to the Study
Financial information quality is a key concern for all investors and potential investors
in any organization. As posited by Biddle et al. (2009), financial information quality is termed as the precision with which financial reporting conveys information about the firm‟s operations, in particular its expected cash flows that inform equity investors. Their definition is consistent with the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Statement of Financial Accounting Concepts No. 1 (1978), which states that one objective of financial reporting is to inform present and potential investors in making rational investment decisions and in assessing the expected firm cash flows. Literature on stewardship accounting posits that an accounting number is deemed value relevant if it has a significant association with equity market value (Barth, Beaver, & Landsman, 2001), and could be used to estimate future returns (Beaver, 1968). Thus, if reported earnings are considered by investors to be value relevant and useful in estimating future returns, market value of shares and earnings should normally be related.
Corporate scandals in organization in the last decade and the collapse of big firms in recent years most especially Enron, Tyco, HealthSouth, Parmalat, WorldCom and Xerox around the world have raised concerns about financial information quality which led to the passage of Sarbanes–Oxley Act which had a focus on the financial aspects of corporate governance. The Nigeria Banking Sector was not also free of these said corporate scandals which led to the various reforms by Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) that forced some of those affected banks out of Business.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF BUDGETING IN THE MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS: A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING, ENUGU.» ABSTRACT It is now a common knowledge that budgeting plays an invaluable role in our public institutions. However, this administrative tool has hardly...Continue Reading »
2. THE INFLUENCE OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING REPORTING ON THE MANAGEMENT OF A BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO)» ABSTRACT This study sought to assess the influence of financial accounting reporting on the management of a business organization. Specifically, the ,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Accounting Information Systems (AISs) are a tool which, when incorporated into the field of Infor...Continue Reading »
4. INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM AS A FACTOR OF FRAUD PREVENTION IN NIGERIA FINANCIAL INSTITUTION (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC ENUGU MAIN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY It is feared that the inability of management to ensure effective enforcement of rules and regulation...Continue Reading »
5. IMPACT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS (IFRS) ON SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» Abstract This study sought to establish the relevance of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) to small scale enterprises in Nigeria. The ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study tends to critically examine the effectiveness of financial accounting and reporting on management decision making. The major sourc...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was centered on peace accounting and economic development of Nigeria. The main objective of this study is to examine the impact of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background study: The main purpose of drilling vertical or horizontal wells is to produce maximum recoverable oil at minim...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The changing complexity of business activities and the ever changing conditions of business envir...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nigeria has experienced vibrant activity relating to the acquisition of local firms by Private enterprises (PE) and the size of PE transactio...Continue Reading »