Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
This study intends to shed more light on the impact of public procurement act on the accountability off the procurement officers in public in Kaduna State Ministry of Education and how it contribute positively towards the conservation of resources in a services organization.
However, the research feel it would be of great importance to conduct a detailed study on the procurement process or system used by the services organization and the used by the services organization and the impact of federal Government procurement act on the public sector.
Base on the wide spread corruption, conducting government business degenerated so much by the years 2000, this was due to the fact that no serious attention was paid to public service rule, financial regulations ethic and norms because of selfish reasons. The federal government noted the urgent need for transparency in government procedure so as to be able to wave the system forward. Hence, the federal government in 2000 commissioned the World Bank to collaborate with some private sector specialist to study financial systems and general procurement related activities in the country. The essences of this request to the World Bank is to assist.
Nigerian government with a process of authoring efficiency, accountability, integrity and transparency in government procurement and financial management system.
It was based on this that the country procurement assessment report was produced through a participatory review approach from key stakeholders including representative from private and the federal, state and local government with assistance from international and national consults.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
A diagnostic study conducted in 2001 in the state of federal government public procurement revealed that Nigeria may have least trillions of naira over the last two decades because of flagrant abuse of procedures for the award of public contracts, inflation of contracts costs, lack of transparency, lack of competence based competitor and merit as the fundamental criteria for the award of public contracts.
The finding of the study made it imperative that the country urgently reform its procurements system, if the country is to reduce the large scale corruption and waste that had reduce the efficiency of the Nigeria public sector, most organization lost a lot of money annual through all kinds of manipulation of the procedure for the award of contracts and supply of materials. Ministry and government agencies has been facing difficulties in the award of contract due to lack of due process in the agencies.
Federal government preferment act on the accountability of procurement offers in public sector is a vital tool in any five-tuning organization either service or profit oriented organization. But it has been observed that it importance and role which can lead to efficiency had not yet been appreciated in most Nigeria ministers today.
1.3 Research Questions
1. How do the procurement acts provide fair opportunity to suppliers in the competitive market environment?
2. What are the impacts of the procurement act towards reducing corruption in the award of public contract?
3. What are the contribution of the procurement act of quality control and assurance?
4. What are the relevance of procurement reforms act to subject monitoring and control?
1.4 Scope of the Study
This study does answer to all problems related to the federal government procurement act rather its limited to it chosen narrow area of accountability of procurement officers, its fairness, integrity and basis of effective control in public sector.
Since the researcher is concerned with federal government act on the accountability of procurement officers in the public sector particularly Kaduna state Ministry of education.
1.5 Definition of Terms
The terms use in the course of the researchers project are however defined as follows for easy understanding.
Due process: It is a mechanism for ensuring strict compliance with the openness, completion and cost accuracy, rules and procedures that should guide contract award within the federal republic of Nigeria (MPIU 2005).
Procurement: This is the acquisition of goods, services on works from an external source.
Procurement proceeding: means the initiation of the process of effecting procurement up to award of procurement contract.
Procurement entity: means any public body engaged in procurement and it include a ministry extra-ministerial office government agency, parastatals and corporations..
Public procurement: means the acquisition by any means of goods, works or services by the government.
Public accountability: the obligation of public enterprises and agencies (who are entrusted with public resources) to be answerable for fiscal and social responsibilities, to them.
Relevant authority: It includes economic and financial crimes commission (EFCC) and independent corrupt practices commission (ICPC).
Public procurement: It is the act enacted by the national assembly to establish two public procurement regulating authorities.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Nigeria is a middle income, mixed economy and emerging market, with expanding manufacturing, financial, s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 80 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Organizations invest a lot on their employees in terms of Induction and training, developing, mai...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 485 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. THE IMPACT OF AUDITING IN CONTROLLING FRAUD AND OTHER FINANCIAL IRREGULARITIES (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIG. PLC, AKPAKPAVA, BENIN CITY)» ABSTRACT The objective of this project is to determine whether the board should expand what auditors report to financial statement uses, that is, whet...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 10 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. PUBLIC POLICY IMPLEMENTATION IN NIGERIA AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (A STUDY OF THE NATIONAL POLICY ON POPULATION 1999-2007)» ABSTRACT A study of Public Policy under Olusegun Obasanjo Administration, A study of National policy on population for sustainable south Eastern Niger...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 148 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. ACCESSIBILITY OF CREDIT FACILITIES AMONG SMALL MEDIUM ENTERPRISES (SMEs): A STUDY OF SME’s IN KADUNA NORTH LGA OF KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page ............................................................................................................................Continue Reading »
52 pages | 339 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. AFRICAN COSMOLOGY AND CHRISTIAN RESPONSE TO ENVIRONMENTAL CRISIS IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A CASE STUDY OF IKOT EKPENE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» ABSTRACT Small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) are very important to the development of the economy. This is because their roles promote the econo...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 123 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL SYSTEM OF MODERN BUSINESS AND THEIR EFFECTS ON THE JOB OF THE SECRETARY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The The modern business organization is a highly complex affair and thus the function of the secr...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 237 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The consolidation of banks has been the major policy instrument being adopted in correcting defic...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 362 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» TABLE OF CONTENTS CONTENT PAGE Title page i Declaration ii Approval Page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Content vi Abstract viii CHAPTER...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 127 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL FOR COST MINIMIZATION AND PROFIT MAXIMIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF ANAMBRA MOTOR MANUFACTURING COMPANY ENUGU).» ABSTRACT The objective of this research work contains working capital management as a tool for minimization and profit maximization with particular re...Continue Reading »
101 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING