Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
This study intends to shed more light on the impact of public procurement act on the accountability off the procurement officers in public in Kaduna State Ministry of Education and how it contribute positively towards the conservation of resources in a services organization.
However, the research feel it would be of great importance to conduct a detailed study on the procurement process or system used by the services organization and the used by the services organization and the impact of federal Government procurement act on the public sector.
Base on the wide spread corruption, conducting government business degenerated so much by the years 2000, this was due to the fact that no serious attention was paid to public service rule, financial regulations ethic and norms because of selfish reasons. The federal government noted the urgent need for transparency in government procedure so as to be able to wave the system forward. Hence, the federal government in 2000 commissioned the World Bank to collaborate with some private sector specialist to study financial systems and general procurement related activities in the country. The essences of this request to the World Bank is to assist.
Nigerian government with a process of authoring efficiency, accountability, integrity and transparency in government procurement and financial management system.
It was based on this that the country procurement assessment report was produced through a participatory review approach from key stakeholders including representative from private and the federal, state and local government with assistance from international and national consults.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
A diagnostic study conducted in 2001 in the state of federal government public procurement revealed that Nigeria may have least trillions of naira over the last two decades because of flagrant abuse of procedures for the award of public contracts, inflation of contracts costs, lack of transparency, lack of competence based competitor and merit as the fundamental criteria for the award of public contracts.
The finding of the study made it imperative that the country urgently reform its procurements system, if the country is to reduce the large scale corruption and waste that had reduce the efficiency of the Nigeria public sector, most organization lost a lot of money annual through all kinds of manipulation of the procedure for the award of contracts and supply of materials. Ministry and government agencies has been facing difficulties in the award of contract due to lack of due process in the agencies.
Federal government preferment act on the accountability of procurement offers in public sector is a vital tool in any five-tuning organization either service or profit oriented organization. But it has been observed that it importance and role which can lead to efficiency had not yet been appreciated in most Nigeria ministers today.
1.3 Research Questions
1. How do the procurement acts provide fair opportunity to suppliers in the competitive market environment?
2. What are the impacts of the procurement act towards reducing corruption in the award of public contract?
3. What are the contribution of the procurement act of quality control and assurance?
4. What are the relevance of procurement reforms act to subject monitoring and control?
1.4 Scope of the Study
This study does answer to all problems related to the federal government procurement act rather its limited to it chosen narrow area of accountability of procurement officers, its fairness, integrity and basis of effective control in public sector.
Since the researcher is concerned with federal government act on the accountability of procurement officers in the public sector particularly Kaduna state Ministry of education.
1.5 Definition of Terms
The terms use in the course of the researchers project are however defined as follows for easy understanding.
Due process: It is a mechanism for ensuring strict compliance with the openness, completion and cost accuracy, rules and procedures that should guide contract award within the federal republic of Nigeria (MPIU 2005).
Procurement: This is the acquisition of goods, services on works from an external source.
Procurement proceeding: means the initiation of the process of effecting procurement up to award of procurement contract.
Procurement entity: means any public body engaged in procurement and it include a ministry extra-ministerial office government agency, parastatals and corporations..
Public procurement: means the acquisition by any means of goods, works or services by the government.
Public accountability: the obligation of public enterprises and agencies (who are entrusted with public resources) to be answerable for fiscal and social responsibilities, to them.
Relevant authority: It includes economic and financial crimes commission (EFCC) and independent corrupt practices commission (ICPC).
Public procurement: It is the act enacted by the national assembly to establish two public procurement regulating authorities.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract This study tends to critically examine the effectiveness of financial accounting and reporting on management decision making. The major sourc...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 378 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In the past and even up till now accounting processes are done manually through the use of separa...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 171 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. CHALLENGES OF MERGER AND ACQUISTION IN NIGERIA (A Case Study Of TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRY: 9MOBILE AND AIRTEL)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Mergers and Acquisitions (M & A) continue to be a highly popular form of corporate developmen...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 263 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. AVAILABILITY OF LABORATORY FACILITIES FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF ACCOUNTING IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN ENUGU NORTH» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.1 Background of the Study Secondary schools offering accounting face enormous challenges. Teachers ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 228 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. IMPACT OF CORPERATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF LISTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Content vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE INTRODUC...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 222 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM AS A MEANS OF ENHANCING FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF TRANSPORT COMPANY (A Case Study Of The Nigerian Railway Corporation Enug...» ABSTRACT Accounting information system in a transport organization has been a great problem to the third world countries in general, which Nigeria as ...Continue Reading »
87 pages | 307 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Internal control system acts as an independent appraisal activity within an organization for the ...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 385 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. COST ACCOUNTING INFORMATION AND PRODUCT COSTING IN SELECTED PAINT MANUFACTURING COMPANIES PORT HARCOURT» CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The studies of modern cost accounting yield an insight into both the accountant and management rol...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 343 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT This study was designed to find out the environmental influence on students’ academic performance in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. APPLICATION OF FORENSIC ACCOUNTING SKILLS AND DETECTION OF FINANCIAL CRIMES IN NIGERIA (THE STUDY OF QUOTED MANUFACTURING FIRMS)» The first decade of the twenty first century experienced a tsunami or blizzard in the number of reported corporate scandals, frauds, and failures (Bal...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 201 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING