Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 39 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
It has been thirty-nine years since the first group of professionally qualified accountants came into existence in Nigeria under the name “the association of accountants in Nigeria” this association was absorbed by our institute created by an act of parliament No 15 of 1956 which came into force on 1st of September 1965. the institute has over 17,000 member and 90,000 student on its register presently.
The institute of chartered accountant of Nigeria (ICAN) is the only professional accountancy body in Nigeria and its qualification which allows it members to call themselves chartered accountant is recognized around the world as a prestigious business qualification.
The institute has a laid down of the duties and objective such as to determine what standards of knowledge and still are to be affirmed by person seeking to become member of the accountancy profession and rising those standards form time to time as circumstance may permit to ensure that they meet international standards to secure in accordance with the pension of the act. The establishment and maintenance of fellows associates and registered accountants entitled to practice as accountants and auditors and public form time to time lists of those persons. Also to perform through the council of the institute all other function conferred on it by the act.
In other to determine standard the ruling I governing body of the institute called the council set out subject which are considered essential and which must be thoroughly assimilated by any prospective member.
To test a through group of this subject it involves level one level two the intermediate level final level part one and final level part two. The examination procedure later changes to foundation examination professional examination I(P.EI) professional examination II (PEII) and professional examination III (P.EIII) Now it has been changed to foundation I foundation 2 intermediate professional examination I and professional examination II
On the issue of obtaining the skill or practice if was formally required that a prospective matter enter into an articles of clerkship with principal in a public practice or work as an approved student under an accountant in public practice. However the need for adequate supervisor led to the introduction of the recognized training center (RTC) such as companies have training facilities and all firms of practicing accountant with at least one full-time practitioner.
This policy has sometime relaxed for now as more and more institute are awarded recognized training center in status.
Further the institute in now generally believed to be playing a positive and direct role in the training of future accountants considering the numerous achievement attributed to them such as the creation of second tier membership (accounting techniques) to cater for the middle cadre level.
The primary aim of this these therefore is to test the validity of this claim and to find is in actual fact ICAN is having a considerable impact on the standards attained by Nigeria accountants
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
For the purpose of this research work I have decided to find out among other things the followings:
i. If the standard used in setting ICAN question is responsible for the competence of those who qualify as chartered accountant of Nigeria.
ii. If the those are qualified accountant in Nigeria posses a high qualify over those who are yet to pass the examination.
iii. If the possession or non- possession of ICAN certificate affecting remuneration of Nigeria account.
iv. If there is the necessity of having another accounting body in Nigeria.
v. If in the nearest future the institute will be able to ensure that the federal government appoints qualified accountants to serve as accountant general of the federation as well as in other accounting position in government
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
In relation to the problem analyzed above this work aimed at achieving the following objectives.
i. To examine whether those who have qualified as chartered accountant in Nigeria have attained higher standards then those are not qualified.
ii. To investigate as to know whether the holding of an ICAN certificate have any influence on the salary collected by a Nigeria accountants
iii. To determine whether ICAN is responsible for the shortage of qualified accountants in Nigeria
iv. To identify to a very large extent if the Nigeria accountant required and additional accounting body in Nigeria
v. To look into the possibility of having qualified accountant as accountant general of the federation and in other accounting post in the government.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
i.Does ICAN contribute to standard attain by Accountant?
ii.Does ICAN contribute to the performance of Accountant?
iii.Is there a relationship between the standard and performance of Accountant?
1.5 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
The following hypothesis shall be tested.
i. That the qualified Nigeria accountant is depended on ICAN
ii. That the quality of Nigeria accountant is depended on ICAN.
iii. That it is necessary to have another professional body of accountant in Nigeria.
iv. That the remuneration of the Nigeria accountant is dependents in ICAN
v. That qualified accountant should serve in accountant position in the government cycle.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is my sincere desire that this research work will be vital important to the members of the public in general and to the accountants (both students practicing accounting) in particular in the following ways.
i. Enabling a clear understanding of important revelation about ICAN relating to its origin goals and objective
ii. Giving a clear knowledge in details what it takes to become a chartered accountant in Nigeria
iii. Enabling the institute to see whether they have accomplished their objectives and also to identify other areas they need to adjust.
iv. Finally it will give the researcher the opportunity of knowing more about ICAN as well as the contribution it has made to the accounting profession
SCOPE OF STUDY
In trying to carry out this research work without the time given it will not be possible to contact all the accountants in Nigeria as well as all the accounts in all the distract societies of ICAN. As a result if this fact the scope of study will include some Nigeria accountants in the country and also the head quarter of the institute located at new market road Enugu branch Enugu State.
1.8 ASSUMPTIONS OF THE STUDY
In arriving at various conclusion in this work it has been assumed that all information gathered were true believing that the respondents gave the correct information to the best of their abilities
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS USED
A PROJECT: A project is a business idea well conceived properly identified and adequately document for the purpose of making and maximizing profit.
Again a project may be defined as a group of connected activities with a defined starting point a defined finish and need for central intelligence to direct it
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF INVENTORY VALUATION ON PROFIT MEASUREMENT OF THE COMPANY (A STUDY OF IDEMS ULTIMATE LIMITED, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to Lucey T. (2009), stocks or inventory is one of the largest and most valuable current...Continue Reading »
45 pages | 400 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT The study focuses on recapitalization and bank performance in Nigeria. It revolves round the happenings in the banking industry pre recapital...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 205 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST THE PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN INTRODUCTORY TECHNOLOGY IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL LEVEL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SECOND...» ABSTRACT It is disheartening to say that until recently, Introductory Technology Education was not paid attention to by the introducers and the acquir...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL PROFITABILITY IN LARGE MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A SELECTED STUDY OF MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN ABUJA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Inventory management is a critical management issue for most large companies, medium sized compan...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 244 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. UTILIZATION OF SERIALS PUBLICATIONS BY POST GRADUATE STUDENTS FOR RESEARCH IN TWO FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The purpose of this work was to study utilization of serials publications by post graduate students for research in two federal university li...Continue Reading »
84 pages | 66 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. THE ROLE OF RATIO ANALYSIS IN BUSINESS DECISIONS A CASE STUDY OF O. JACO BROS. ENT. (NIG.) LTD., ABA, ABIA STATE» ABSTRACT Accounting information provided by means of financial statements The income statement and the Balance Sheet are often in summarized form. Vie...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 134 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT The main objective of this thesis is to look at how the Markowitz Mean Variance assets selection model performs with distribution free model,...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 282 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In most developing countries including Nigerian government participation in economic activity is ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 305 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. FORENSIC ACCOUNTING: AN AID TO FRAUD DETECTION, PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN NIGERIA A STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION (EFCC), UYO» ABSTRACTS Foodborne diseases remain a major cause of morbidity and mortality in the general population, particularly in vulnerable groups. These disea...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 149 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. THE IMPORTANCE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION IN MANAGEMENT DECISION MAKING PROCESS (A STUDY OF AKWA IBOM WATER COMPANY LTD, UYO)» ABSTRACT Information is a life wire of every business organization. However, it is of various diversities, but accounting information was selected for...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 457 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING