Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In order to improve the usage of financial information in the context of the decision making process,we need to analyze financial statements. In that context, we can describe financial statementanalysis as the process where we convert data from financial statements into usable informationfor business quality measurement by different analytical techniques, which is very important in theprocess of rational management.
Therefore, to know the current level of business quality is verysignificant in the context of future business management, since we try to ensure company’s developmentand existence on the market. Financial statement analysis comes before the managementprocess that is before the process of planning which is the component of the management process.
Planning is very important for good management. Good financial plan has to consider all company’sstrength and weaknesses.
The task of financial statement analysis is to recognize good characteristics of the company so thatwe could use the most of those advantages, but also to recognize company’s weaknesses in orderto take corrective actions. Because of that, we can say that management of the company is themost significant user of financial statement analysis.
The research intends to investigate financial information as a tool for management decision making with a case study of MTN NIG.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem confronting this research is to investigate financial information as a tool for management decision making.
- What is financial information?
- What is the source of financial information?
- What is the role of financial information in management decision making?
- What is the role of financial information in management decision making in MTN NIG?
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
- To appraise the nature of financial information
- To determine the nature of management decision making
- To appraise the role of financial information in management decision making
- To determine the role of financial information in management decision making in MTN NIG
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1. The study shall analyze the nature and source of financial information
2. The study shall provide a framework for the use of financial information in management decision making
3. The study shall appraise the role of financial information in management decision making in MTN as a case appraisal
STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
- Ho Financial information is not significant in MTN
- Ho The level of financial information in MTN is low
- Ho The impact of financial information in management decision in MTN is low
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study investigates financial information as a tool for management decision making with a case study of MTN NIG
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Decision making process requires information – financial and non-financial information as well.
The most important financial information needed in the process of business decision comes fromfinancial. Therefore, we can say that financial is a service function to management. It, basically,processes or gathers and studies “raw data” and converts them into suitable information inthe process of decision making. The basic characteristics of the financial are:
- Gathering, processing and presenting financial (financial) information
- Information considering company’s business
- Those directed towards different interested users
Financial process contains several phases. Basically, it is a process in which input data convertsinto output information. If we focus our attention on the most significant part of the financial(bookkeeping), then we can present the data processing through several phases as it is shown inFigure 1.
The first data processing phase consists of collecting data about occurred business events. Afterdata collecting comes the second phase of the financial process that consists of business eventanalysis,after that recording in journal and general ledger comes.
At the end of financial period,just before preparing basic financial statements, we need to check data accuracy in the books sincewe make financial statements on the basis of those data. Therefore we prepare the trial balance. Itrepresents the recapitulation of all ledger accounts and financial transactions. After all records arecoordinated and after we find all data accurate, we have the last phase of the financial processthat refers to preparing financial statements. As it has already been pointed out, financial statementshave to satisfy interests of different financial (financial) information users.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract Since the study habits has a significant effect on academic achievements and according to the importance of study habits on academic performa...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 6 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY. At independence, Nigeria joined the committee of nation with the hope for a better tomorrow....Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. THE IMPACT OF INTERNET BANKING ON PROFITABILITY OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIDELITY BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Internet banking is one of the gifts to human beings by computer technology. Use of computers hav...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 187 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. THE EFFECT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS) ON THE QUALITY OF FINANACIAL STATEMENTS ( A STUDY ON FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC, UYO, AKWA...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page … … … … … … … … … … … Declaration … … … … … … … … … … … Certification… … ...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 179 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM AS A MEANS OF ENHANCING FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF TRANSPORT COMPANY (A Case Study Of The Nigerian Railway Corporation Enug...» ABSTRACT Accounting information system in a transport organization has been a great problem to the third world countries in general, which Nigeria as ...Continue Reading »
87 pages | 262 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Education is the systematic training of the individual in order to bring about positive change in...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 154 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. THE CONTRIBUTION OF MICRO FINANCE BANKS TO THE SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF CRUTECH MICRO FINANCE BANK, CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Effectively functioning financial markets like micro finance banks have fundamental roles to play...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 361 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Financial statements are the main means of communicating the affairs of the company to all the st...Continue Reading »
97 pages | 41 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. THE ROLE OF REQARD IN STAFF ATTITUDE AND EFFECTIVE PRODUCTIVITY IN AND ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF AK. WATER COMPANY LIMITED UYO. AKS)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgment Abstract Table of Content Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of ...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 219 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Banks are profit making organizations performing as intermediaries connecting borrowers and lende...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 352 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING