Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In order to improve the usage of financial information in the context of the decision making process,we need to analyze financial statements. In that context, we can describe financial statementanalysis as the process where we convert data from financial statements into usable informationfor business quality measurement by different analytical techniques, which is very important in theprocess of rational management.
Therefore, to know the current level of business quality is verysignificant in the context of future business management, since we try to ensure company’s developmentand existence on the market. Financial statement analysis comes before the managementprocess that is before the process of planning which is the component of the management process.
Planning is very important for good management. Good financial plan has to consider all company’sstrength and weaknesses.
The task of financial statement analysis is to recognize good characteristics of the company so thatwe could use the most of those advantages, but also to recognize company’s weaknesses in orderto take corrective actions. Because of that, we can say that management of the company is themost significant user of financial statement analysis.
The research intends to investigate financial information as a tool for management decision making with a case study of MTN NIG.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem confronting this research is to investigate financial information as a tool for management decision making.
- What is financial information?
- What is the source of financial information?
- What is the role of financial information in management decision making?
- What is the role of financial information in management decision making in MTN NIG?
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
- To appraise the nature of financial information
- To determine the nature of management decision making
- To appraise the role of financial information in management decision making
- To determine the role of financial information in management decision making in MTN NIG
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1. The study shall analyze the nature and source of financial information
2. The study shall provide a framework for the use of financial information in management decision making
3. The study shall appraise the role of financial information in management decision making in MTN as a case appraisal
STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
- Ho Financial information is not significant in MTN
- Ho The level of financial information in MTN is low
- Ho The impact of financial information in management decision in MTN is low
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study investigates financial information as a tool for management decision making with a case study of MTN NIG
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Decision making process requires information – financial and non-financial information as well.
The most important financial information needed in the process of business decision comes fromfinancial. Therefore, we can say that financial is a service function to management. It, basically,processes or gathers and studies “raw data” and converts them into suitable information inthe process of decision making. The basic characteristics of the financial are:
- Gathering, processing and presenting financial (financial) information
- Information considering company’s business
- Those directed towards different interested users
Financial process contains several phases. Basically, it is a process in which input data convertsinto output information. If we focus our attention on the most significant part of the financial(bookkeeping), then we can present the data processing through several phases as it is shown inFigure 1.
The first data processing phase consists of collecting data about occurred business events. Afterdata collecting comes the second phase of the financial process that consists of business eventanalysis,after that recording in journal and general ledger comes.
At the end of financial period,just before preparing basic financial statements, we need to check data accuracy in the books sincewe make financial statements on the basis of those data. Therefore we prepare the trial balance. Itrepresents the recapitulation of all ledger accounts and financial transactions. After all records arecoordinated and after we find all data accurate, we have the last phase of the financial processthat refers to preparing financial statements. As it has already been pointed out, financial statementshave to satisfy interests of different financial (financial) information users.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF CREDIT ADMINISTRATION AND CONTROL ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF COOPERATIVE SOCIETIES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study This research work focuses on the effects of credit administration and control on the development...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 316 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» Table Of Contents Title Page Certification Dedication Preface Acknowledgement Table Of Contents Chapter One 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Problem Statement 1.2...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 192 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria as a nation has the vision of becoming one among the world's twenty biggest economies in ...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 151 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT This research work deals with the challenges of internal audit function in the Nigerian public sector with reference to Kaduna state ministry...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 406 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Taxes are compulsory payment imposed on the income of individuals, families, communities, trustee...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. THE ROLE OF MODERN ACCOUNTING IN MASS MEDIA (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL RADIO CORPORATION NIGERIA (FRCN) KADUNA.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODCUTION Accounting can be defined as an act recording classifying, summarizing and reporting of business transaction for preparat...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study According to Black Law Dictionary, tax is a rateable portion of the produce of the property and l...Continue Reading »
113 pages | 245 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL FOR COST MINIMIZATION AND PROFIT MAXIMIZATION (A Case Study Of Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company Enugu)» ABSTRACT The objective of this research work contains working capital management as a tool for minimization and profit maximization with particular re...Continue Reading »
87 pages | 377 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY It is feared that the inability of management to ensure effective enforcement of rules and regulation...Continue Reading »
44 pages | 294 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» Abstract In the face of capital deficiency in financing long term development, the capital deficient economies have heavily resorted to foreign capita...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 177 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING