Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In order to improve the usage of financial information in the context of the decision making process,we need to analyze financial statements. In that context, we can describe financial statementanalysis as the process where we convert data from financial statements into usable informationfor business quality measurement by different analytical techniques, which is very important in theprocess of rational management.
Therefore, to know the current level of business quality is verysignificant in the context of future business management, since we try to ensure company’s developmentand existence on the market. Financial statement analysis comes before the managementprocess that is before the process of planning which is the component of the management process.
Planning is very important for good management. Good financial plan has to consider all company’sstrength and weaknesses.
The task of financial statement analysis is to recognize good characteristics of the company so thatwe could use the most of those advantages, but also to recognize company’s weaknesses in orderto take corrective actions. Because of that, we can say that management of the company is themost significant user of financial statement analysis.
The research intends to investigate financial information as a tool for management decision making with a case study of MTN NIG.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem confronting this research is to investigate financial information as a tool for management decision making.
- What is financial information?
- What is the source of financial information?
- What is the role of financial information in management decision making?
- What is the role of financial information in management decision making in MTN NIG?
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
- To appraise the nature of financial information
- To determine the nature of management decision making
- To appraise the role of financial information in management decision making
- To determine the role of financial information in management decision making in MTN NIG
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1. The study shall analyze the nature and source of financial information
2. The study shall provide a framework for the use of financial information in management decision making
3. The study shall appraise the role of financial information in management decision making in MTN as a case appraisal
STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
- Ho Financial information is not significant in MTN
- Ho The level of financial information in MTN is low
- Ho The impact of financial information in management decision in MTN is low
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study investigates financial information as a tool for management decision making with a case study of MTN NIG
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Decision making process requires information – financial and non-financial information as well.
The most important financial information needed in the process of business decision comes fromfinancial. Therefore, we can say that financial is a service function to management. It, basically,processes or gathers and studies “raw data” and converts them into suitable information inthe process of decision making. The basic characteristics of the financial are:
- Gathering, processing and presenting financial (financial) information
- Information considering company’s business
- Those directed towards different interested users
Financial process contains several phases. Basically, it is a process in which input data convertsinto output information. If we focus our attention on the most significant part of the financial(bookkeeping), then we can present the data processing through several phases as it is shown inFigure 1.
The first data processing phase consists of collecting data about occurred business events. Afterdata collecting comes the second phase of the financial process that consists of business eventanalysis,after that recording in journal and general ledger comes.
At the end of financial period,just before preparing basic financial statements, we need to check data accuracy in the books sincewe make financial statements on the basis of those data. Therefore we prepare the trial balance. Itrepresents the recapitulation of all ledger accounts and financial transactions. After all records arecoordinated and after we find all data accurate, we have the last phase of the financial processthat refers to preparing financial statements. As it has already been pointed out, financial statementshave to satisfy interests of different financial (financial) information users.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Approval Page iv Dedication v Acknowledgements vi Table of Contents vii Abstract x CHA...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECTIVE INTERVAL CONTROL MEASURES AS TOOLS FOR TRANSAPARENCY, PROFITABILITY AND ACCOUNTING IN THE MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC RESOURCES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Back ground of the study Recent reported cases of multibillion dollar fraudulent corporate accounting and reporting scand...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECTIVENESS OF INTERNAL AUDITING AND ITS CONTRIBUTIONS TO MANAGEMENT DECISION PROCESS IN AN ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF GEETA PLASTIC PRODUCTS NIGERIA ...» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to investigate the internal auditing and its contribution to management decision process in an organization, a stud...Continue Reading »
4. AN EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF CAPITAL BUDGETING ON ORGANISATIONAL PPERFORMANCE A CASE STUDY OF ONDO STATE MINISTRY OF WORKS» ABSTRACT The research profer an evaluation of the impact of capital Budgeting on organizational performance It analyses the nature of capital budgetin...Continue Reading »
5. MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING TECHNIQUES IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERIES PLC. ABA)» ABSTRACT This project attempts to establish the vital role which management Accounting techniques play in manufacturing firms , A case study of Nigeri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The issue of proper documentation of financial record which is the major responsibility of the ac...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examined the influence of stigma consciousness (a belief or feeling that one will be negatively stereotyped by others) and coping s...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT» ABSTRACT This research project focuses on the development of a computerized and web based Document Management System for the Department of Computer sc...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING REPORT ON THE CORPORATE PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERIES PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The impact of financial accounting reports on the corporate performance is becoming more apparent...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Credit in deeper perspective conates different definitions depending on angle on which it is bein...Continue Reading »