Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In order to improve the usage of financial information in the context of the decision making process,we need to analyze financial statements. In that context, we can describe financial statementanalysis as the process where we convert data from financial statements into usable informationfor business quality measurement by different analytical techniques, which is very important in theprocess of rational management.
Therefore, to know the current level of business quality is verysignificant in the context of future business management, since we try to ensure company’s developmentand existence on the market. Financial statement analysis comes before the managementprocess that is before the process of planning which is the component of the management process.
Planning is very important for good management. Good financial plan has to consider all company’sstrength and weaknesses.
The task of financial statement analysis is to recognize good characteristics of the company so thatwe could use the most of those advantages, but also to recognize company’s weaknesses in orderto take corrective actions. Because of that, we can say that management of the company is themost significant user of financial statement analysis.
The research intends to investigate financial information as a tool for management decision making with a case study of MTN NIG.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem confronting this research is to investigate financial information as a tool for management decision making.
- What is financial information?
- What is the source of financial information?
- What is the role of financial information in management decision making?
- What is the role of financial information in management decision making in MTN NIG?
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
- To appraise the nature of financial information
- To determine the nature of management decision making
- To appraise the role of financial information in management decision making
- To determine the role of financial information in management decision making in MTN NIG
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1. The study shall analyze the nature and source of financial information
2. The study shall provide a framework for the use of financial information in management decision making
3. The study shall appraise the role of financial information in management decision making in MTN as a case appraisal
STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
- Ho Financial information is not significant in MTN
- Ho The level of financial information in MTN is low
- Ho The impact of financial information in management decision in MTN is low
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study investigates financial information as a tool for management decision making with a case study of MTN NIG
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Decision making process requires information – financial and non-financial information as well.
The most important financial information needed in the process of business decision comes fromfinancial. Therefore, we can say that financial is a service function to management. It, basically,processes or gathers and studies “raw data” and converts them into suitable information inthe process of decision making. The basic characteristics of the financial are:
- Gathering, processing and presenting financial (financial) information
- Information considering company’s business
- Those directed towards different interested users
Financial process contains several phases. Basically, it is a process in which input data convertsinto output information. If we focus our attention on the most significant part of the financial(bookkeeping), then we can present the data processing through several phases as it is shown inFigure 1.
The first data processing phase consists of collecting data about occurred business events. Afterdata collecting comes the second phase of the financial process that consists of business eventanalysis,after that recording in journal and general ledger comes.
At the end of financial period,just before preparing basic financial statements, we need to check data accuracy in the books sincewe make financial statements on the basis of those data. Therefore we prepare the trial balance. Itrepresents the recapitulation of all ledger accounts and financial transactions. After all records arecoordinated and after we find all data accurate, we have the last phase of the financial processthat refers to preparing financial statements. As it has already been pointed out, financial statementshave to satisfy interests of different financial (financial) information users.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Islamic Banking is interest free banking which makes it necessary for Islamic Banks to t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Accounting information by definition is about provision of financial information needed to take d...Continue Reading »
3. AFRICAN COSMOLOGY AND CHRISTIAN RESPONSE TO ENVIRONMENTAL CRISIS IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A CASE STUDY OF IKOT EKPENE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» ABSTRACT Small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) are very important to the development of the economy. This is because their roles promote the econo...Continue Reading »
4. THE CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS OF MARKETING POULTRY AND POULTRY PRODUCTS I N KUMASI. A CASE STUDY OF AKATE FARMS TRADING AND COMPANY LIMITED.» ABSTRACT The poultry industry serves as employment and a source of income to many people but for a long time, marketing has not been critically consid...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Career selection is one of many important choices students make in determining future plans. This...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the impact of social media on political marketing during the 2015 governorship election in Delta State. The research ...Continue Reading »
7. APPRAISING THE ROLES OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE IN LAGOS STATE (A STUDY OF ANCHOR INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED, LAGOS...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Financial institutions are business that gives service for instance checking. It is also regulate...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The major objective for the establishment of selected Public Teaching Hospitals separate from con...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study With the advancement of information technology, computer is considered to be one of the most pow...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the effect of indirect taxation on consumption in Nigeria. This study was guided by the following objecti...Continue Reading »