Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
The Internet revolution was really about people customer and fundamental shift of market power from the seller to buyer. In the new economy customers expectations are very different than before. A company understanding of this difference and its ability to capitalize on it will be the key to success. The web, the internet and emerging computing and communication technologies have redefined business erasing traditional boundaries of time and geography and creating new virtual communities of customers and suppliers with new demand to product and services. E-commerce only forms a fragment of e-business. Earlier companies had web sites displaying the company products etc. then they started to use the e-commerce as one of the distribution channel in addition to the existing system for sales that is e-commerce. The term Electronic commerce or e-commerce consists of all business activities carried on with the use of electronic media, that is, computer network. It involves conducting business with the help of the electronic media, making use of the information technology such as Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). In simple words, Electronic commerce involves buying and selling of goods and services over the World Wide Web. Customers can purchase anything right from a car or a cake sitting comfortably in his room and gift it to someone sitting miles apart just by click of a mouse. Shipping method is generally used for the delivery of the goods ordered. Every Bank which is highly leading now performs their transaction through computer and computer is not only the concept can make off the transaction automatic. All the commercial application now transfers to the concept of e-commerce and is one of the very important aspects for carrying bank transactions falsity. In the commercial world surrounded by highly competitive and volatile market conditions, any new concept or technology would be acceptable only if it provides strong benefits to all concerned. Ecommerce offers some distinct advantages.
First, portability improves bottom line of and organization. And secondly expanded market share, some component can be handled by multiple customers at the same time.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
A study by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has shown that SMEs, while generally lagging in ICT, have the most to gain from increases in productivity thanks to e-commerce. SMEs, however, actually run the risk of missing opportunities in both productivity and profitability by not engaging in e-business.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1. To study how e-commerce aid in the economic development of developing countries.
2. To identify the relationship between e-commerce and emerging market.
3. Toidentify the significant impact of e-commerce on emerging market.
4. To assess the influence of e-commerce in developing an economy.
1.4 Research Questions
1. Does e-commerce aid in the economic development of developing countries?
2. Is there a relationship between e-commerce and emerging market?
3. What significant impact does e-commerce have on emerging market?
4. Can e-commerce influence the development of an economy?
1.5 Research Hypotheses
Ho: E-commerce has no significant impact on emerging market.
Hi: E-commerce has significant impact on emerging market.
1.6 Significance of the Study
E-commerce has been hailed by many as an opportunity for developing countries to gain a stronger foothold in the multilateral trading system. E-commerce has the ability to play an instrumental role in helping developing economies benefit more from trade. Unlike the requirements necessary to run a business from a physical building, e-commerce does not require storage space, insurance, or infrastructure investment on the part of the retailer. The only pre-requisite is a well-designed web storefront to reach customers. Additionally, e-commerce allows for higher profit margins as the cost of running a business is markedly less.
1.7 Scope/Limitations of the Study
This study is on the impact of e-commerce on emerging markets using konga online store as a case study.
Limitations of study
1. Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
2. Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.8 Definition of terms
It is the buying and selling of goods and services or the transmitting of funds or data, over an electronic network, primarily the internet. These business transactions occur either as business-to-business, business-to-customer, customer-to-customer or the customer-to-business.
An Emerging Market:Is a country that has some characteristics of developed market but does not meet standards to be a developed market.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT When viewed with objectivity of purpose, tax evasion and avoidance are problems which seemed to have defied solution, it is a twin devils tha...Continue Reading »
2. CONTRIBUTION OF BUSINESS SUPPORT SYSTEM TO ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE, ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The goal or desire of any nation is to achieve its economic growth and development. For the Niger...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The preparation of stewardship report from the accounting point of view is the role of the manage...Continue Reading »
4. THE RELEVANCE OF AUDIT COMMITTEE FUNCTIONS ON THE QUALITY OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT IN NIGERIA: USERS PERCEPTION» Abstract This project analyzes the relevance of audit committee functions on the quality of financial statement in Nigeria, the users’ perception. T...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSMENT OF CAPITAL GAIN TAX ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA: PROBLEM AND PROSPECT. CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE» Abstract This study is on assessment of capital gain tax administration in Nigeria: problem and prospect. The total population for the study is 200 st...Continue Reading »
6. THE USE OF SALES PROMOTION IN THE DISTRIBUTION OF DRUGS A CASE STUDY OF RHOKYN PHARMACY AND STORES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An organization can be viewed as successful if it can achieve its planned objectives and set goal...Continue Reading »
7. BUDGET AND BUDGETARY CONTROL SYSTEM AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE DECISION AND PLANNING (A CASE STUDY OF ETERNIT LTD, SAPELE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study It was due to the participation of the federal government that led to the establishment of variou...Continue Reading »
8. INVENTORY CONTROL AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOL FOR COST CONTROL IN AN ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF CADBURY NIGERIA PLC).» ABSTRACT Installation of underground pipes to network the water supply from the borehole to specific point that is soil lab and department main buildi...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF ACCOUNTING IN THE CONTROL OF PUBLIC EXPENDITURES IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA ENUGU STATE).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In most developing countries including Nigerian government participation in economic activity is ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study investigated decentralization and local government autonomy and how these factors enhance grassroots development in Liberia. The on...Continue Reading »