Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 102 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the Study
The impact of financial reporting on the corporate performance of a business organization is becoming more apparent to user groups of a financial statement.
Accounting is a not an exact science neither are business operations without some subjective and judgmental errors when it comes to reporting them. A financial reporting therefore is a document statement which informs the various interest groups to a business on the operations and performance of their business in a period under review its present state of affairs as well as its anticipated future, in accordance with the statutes. If a financial report is to service its purpose it ought to be characterized by the following.
In the accounting process of an organization is to provide the information required to prepare a financial report which shall have the above characteristics then the transaction doing the period must be recorded prompt by and accurately and interpreted in conformity with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statements of Accounting Standard Board (NASB), International Accounting Standard committee and the companies and Allied Matters Act cop LFN (CAMA)
Financial accounting reporting become necessary with the obvious need for accountability of stewardship from the managers to whom investors entrusted their financial resources. The Railway age in the UK. Occurred between 1830 to 1870 and for the first time the world same the emergence of multimillion corporations with large numbers of shareholders. It was a period of disorder but it brought the basis for the present day system of corporate financial report. Financial reporting is a duty of stewardship assigned to the directors of a company by section 334 of the company and Allied Matters Act Cap L20 LFN, equally the mandatory responsibility of companies to keep accounting records derives its strength from section 331 and 382 of the same act. These sections explicitly defined the necessary content and manner in which financial records should be kept.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The study “The impact of Financial Reporting on the corporate performance of business organization” aims at investigating the financial reports of selected companies in Enugu State with a view to determine the following ;
a. The extent to which a standard financial report contributes to or detracts from the growth of a business organization.
b. The extent to which the financial reports of corporate business organization comply with statutory provisions.
c. The uniformity and conflict which exist in the financial reporting regulations given the multiplicity of regulators.
Therefore, bused on the above statements, the researcher shall investigate the financial accounting reporting standards and every regulation their bear on the financial statement and to the extent the selected company (s) has either complied with or disobeyed the relevant statutes.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objectives of this study are to critically examine the financial reports of the selected company and to probe into the fundamental for their preparation as well as its presentation with a view to determining:
a. The adequacy of the basis and the fundamental that guides its preparation.
b. The degree to which the financial report meets the needs of its various users.
c. The extent to which the financial report conform to the established standard.
d. The influence that financial report has on business performance.
e. Finally, to present suggestions and recommendations based on my findings.
In order to determine the impact of financial reporting on the corporate performance of business organizations, it is pertinent to test the following question;
1. Does the information disclosed in the financial statements adequate to support good decision making?
2. Does the disclosure requirement of the statutes affect corporate performance positively or negatively?
3. Do companies comply strictly with the regulation?
4. Does the financial report meet the needs of the various users?
This study will offer solutions to ones raised it is my believe that the result of these finding will go a long why to helping researchers in this area of study, it will also enhance the understanding of the structure of published reports and accounts by the users.
The various users groups of the published financial report have their benefits from this study as follows:
1. The Potential Investors: These are groups who are interested incommitting their financial resources to the buying of the company’s shares. These set of people will benefit from this study as the result of this study still arm them with the necessary tools with which to evaluate the financial report of a corporate organization as it affects them.
2. The General Public: This group shall benefit from this report by theknowledge that the business organization exists for them and not against them, as such has to live up to its full responsibilities.
3. The Regulators of Financial Accounting Report: This groupincludes the Nigerian Accounting Standard Board (NASB), the companies and Allied Matters Act 2004 Cap (20 LFN (CAMA) the
Banking and Other Financial Institutions Act of 1991 (BOFIA), prudential guidelines for licensed Banks. The Insurance Act 2003. The study will help them to standardize and harmonize their operations.
4. The Employee Group Including Existing: Potential and pastemployees.
5. The Government Including Tax Authorities Department who have Interest in the Financial Reports of Companies: The result ofthis work shall be of immense assistance to each to these user groups in the advancement of their interest.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
The following null and alternative hypothesis shall be tested in this
1. H0: The information provided in financial statements is not adequate to support good decision making.
Hi: The information provided in financial statements is not adequate to support good decision making.
2. H0: The disclosure requirements of statements do not affect corporate performance positively.
Hi: The disclosure requirements of statements do not affect
corporate performance positively.
3. H0: corporate organizations do not comply strictly to the statutory regulations.
Hi: corporate organizations do not comply strictly to the statutory
4. H0: Financial reports do not meet the needs of the various users of
Hi: financial reports do not meet the needs of the various users of
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is a very important one and most significant at this period
of economic situation which has witnessed the collapse of giant corporate with impressive profit and loss accounts and balance sheet statement, because the financial report serves is a “prima facie” evidence on the state of attains of such companies as well as its performance and could be relied upon as a certificate because it had the auditors certification, financial reporting could be done with every ser business, utmost good faith and diligence.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study could have covered the impact of financial accounting reporting on corporate performance of all the sectors of the Nigerian economy but due to the challenges of such a task especially the financial resources with which to execute it, it is limited to braving industry. The study used the Nigerian Breweries plc, Enugu.
1.7 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The limitations encountered by the researcher of this work are given as follows:
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENT TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi Abstract viii CHAP...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examines the role of commercial banks in Agricultural development in Nigeria, spanning from 1986 2010. The methodology used is ordi...Continue Reading »
3. DEVELOPING EFFECTIVE STRATEGY FOR PENSION ADMINISTRATION IN THE NIGERIAN PUBLIC SECTOR (A STUDY OF PENSION COMMISSION RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The greatest challenge to government worldwide remains the issue relating to pension fund man...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF TAXATION ON INVESTMENT DECISION: [A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED COMPANIES IN ANAMBRA STATE]» ABSTRACT The choice of the topic “The Effect of Taxation on Investment Decision” comes from the fact that most management of business entities are...Continue Reading »
» Chapter One Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Despite the ever growing importance of science in my daily lives, recent research shows a continu...Continue Reading »
6. Roles Of Tax Authority In The Prevention And Detection Of Tax Fraud In Nigeria Case Study Of Oyo State Board Of Internal Revenue Service And Selected ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Taxation is not a new word in Nigeria or the world as a whole. In Nigeria, taxation has been in ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research was aimed at finding out the adequacy and effectiveness of financial control in the public sector in Nigeria. The population fo...Continue Reading »
8. INVESTIGATING WEIBULL DISTRIBUTION MODEL IN ASSESSING THE BEST COMPARATIVE MODEL THAT FITS BREAST CANCER DATA IN CLINICAL RESEARCH.» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Cancer is a potentially fatal disease caused mainly by environmental factors that mutate genes encoding critical cell reg...Continue Reading »
9. A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF THE USE OF ACCOUNTING RATIO TO MEASURE FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF UNILEVER FINANCIAL STATEMENT F...» ABSTRACT It is said that the population of any country constitute the most vital component of is resource base, as time potentials for development. Po...Continue Reading »
10. THE PROBLEM OF PARTNERSHIP BUSINESS IN NIGERIAN (A CASE STUDY OF ESCO AND CO, WARRI DELTA STATE)» ABSTRACT This project is aimed at identifying the problem of partnership business in Nigerian and how to solve some of the problem. This is an attempt...Continue Reading »