Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 68 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Entrepreneurship stated when people began to produce more products that they required. As such they had to exchange those surpluses with others, who also expected to dispose off their surplus.
According top Schumpeter (2004) entrepreneurship means doing the next things that are already being doing in a new way.
Nnenna (2006) describe entrepreneurship as a creative and innovation response to the environment such response can take place in any field of human endeavor, for instance4 in commercial industry, agriculture, education, social work and the likes and entrepreneurship is different from manager who only plans, organize and controls a business idea after it as been successfully initiated by the entrepreneurship. Lawal (1999),
According to Ani (2001) a typically Nigeria entrepreneurship is self mode mon to succeed, he might engage the services of others like friends, mates, in-law etc to help him in his work for production through this way Nigerians in older days where engaged in entrepreneurship characterized with production or manufacturing in which case the producer most often started with IT trade by barter even before the advert of any money.
In Nigeria, modern entrepreneurship started with the coming of the colonial masters, who brought in their wears and made Nigerians their middlemen. Most of the modern entrepreneurship was engaged in retail trade or sole proprietorship. One of the major factors that has in many ways discourage the flow of entrepreneurship development in this Country is the value system brought about by formal education has been the preserve of the privilege. With formal education people have the opportunity of bringing in employed in civil service because in these days the economy was large enough to absorb into the prestigious occur pation all Nigeria with some from a formal education. The value system discouraged entrepreneurship in Nigeria for the colonial masters to solve their goods because if Nigerians continue to be enterprising, they would not have had market for their goods. As such, the system made Nigerians to depend on the colonial material to supply them with the needed products.
Again the contracts between the Nigerian enterpreneuar and the foreign enterpreneuar during the colonial era were very detrimental and the competitive business strategy of the foreign, entrepreneurs was heinous and against moral standards establish by the society. For example the United African Company (U.A.C) that was responsible for a sustain percentage of the import and export trade of Nigeria has the policy of dealing directly with product and refused to use the Nigeria entrepreneurs. The refusal of the expatriate to utilize the service of Local business man initiated the expansion and acquisition necessary skill and attitude, for this reason, many eventually folded up. These folded built-up, resentment against business which becomes very demoralizing to other perspective entrepreneurship in the country was slowed down, but with more people being educated and the fact that government could no longer employ most school leavers, economy programs to encourage individuals into private business and self reliant were initiated (Nwachukwu) in view of the impact of entrepreneurship I improving the social economic conditions of the state, the government has made initiation to promote in digramous entrepreneurship in small scale business.
According to Lawal typically action of the government takes the form of policy initiatives and directives to organization such as ministry of commerce and industry. National directorate of employment, ministry of labour productivity, center for management development research institute to act as executing agencies with responsibility for stimulating, supporting and sustaining entrepreneurship development. The research believes that a study of the functions as well as then achievement of the National Directorate of employment (N.D.E) in Delta State will help to evaluate the role of government support agencies in entrepreneurship development within the state.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In Delta State, various government support agencies haver been set up by the government to assist entrepreneurship development and encourage rapid development in small and medium scale industries. These agencies were established because government owned organizations can no longer cope with employment of graduates and schools leavers. Furthermore, the graduates and school leavers have to establish their own small businesses which will help in solving the problem of unemployment and economic development.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to take a segment of the governments support agencies (N.D.E) and study his functions and achievement in the development of the entrepreneurship in Delta State. Specially, the research wants to find out.
i. Whether the establishment of National Directorate of employment (NDE) has a positive impact on entrepreneurship development in Delta State.
ii. Comes out with findings and subsequent suggestion that would be of great benefit to other government agencies might be experiencing similar problem diagnosed in this research.
iii. The programmes of the NDE have help to achieve his mandate not.
iv. Whether the development of entrepreneurship in Delta State can be attributed to the establishment of NDE or not.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research will be of immense benefit to the society, but there are group of people or organizations who will benefit more from this work which include student who will use this work for research purpose.
The research is equally very significant because it will enrich the knowledge of the work. A study on functions and achievement of government support in the development of entrepreneurship in Delta State.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
For the purpose of this research, the following research questions are adopted.
1. Does the establishment of National Directorate of employment NDE have positive impact on entrepreneurship in Delta State?
2. The growth in the number of small scale or entrepreneurship organization in Delta State be attributed to the establishment of the NDE.
3. Does the government allocate enough funds to fund the NDE programme.
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
In order to find out solution to the lingering problems of this study, the following hypothesis was formulated;
Ho: the establishment of the national directorate of employment has no positive impact on entrepreneurship development t in Delta State.
H1: the establishment of National Directorate of employment has a positive impact on entrepreneurship in Delta State.
Ho: the growth in number of small business in Delta State cannot be attributed to the establishment of NDE
H1: the grow thin number of small business in the Delta State can be attributed the establishment of the NDE.
Ho: NDE have not helped to introduce new ideas and method of production Delta State.
H1: NDE has help to introduce new ideas and method of production in Delta State.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is very wide if it has been carried out in all government agencies in Delta State. However, due to certain constraints which will be state later in the limitation of study. The researchers decided, that this study concentrate on the achievement of the National Directorate of employment (NDE) is the development of entrepreneurship in Delta State.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is very wide if it haws to be carried out on all government agencies in Nigeria. The study is limited and material resource to see the whole nations. So it limited to Delta State due to those constraints which are:
a. The huge amount of the money involved in carrying the research of this nature is the most notable constant. Since the research has to be set most of the NDE training centers scattered are in Delta State.
b. Financial constraint and transportation because of bad terrain.
c. The consent and geographical coverage of this study was large when compared with the time needed to complete the study.
d. Transportation can be a problem to the researcher to reach different areas where NDE centre are located in the State.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
The research it necessary to define the following terms used among others, in this study.
a. Government Support Agencies: These are government department that are specifically charged with providing funds and other service for the promotion and development of the entrepreneurship.
b. Development: This is a systematic use of scientific and technical knowledge to meet the specific objective.
c. Industrial Development Centers (IDC): This is a section of the small scale industries division of the federal ministry of industry which was introduced in Nigeria before the level man.
d. Agencies Government: These are government that is specifically charge with the responsibility of providing and others, services for the promotion and development of entrepreneurship.
e. National Directorate of Employment (NDE): These were set up by the federal government to November 1980 to work out strategies own business “Asaba Jons & Hons Publication”.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Exchange rate tends to be paramount to every country because it contributes to the economic devel...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Warehouse is where goods and commodities are kept for further clearance. Narrowing it to Nigeria ...Continue Reading »
3. Staff Recruitment, Selection and Placement Policy Under a Presidential System of Government: A Case Study of Ebonyi State Civil Service 1998-2000» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGOUND TO THE STUDY When a country has one Chief Executive who is both normal arid political head of state, wielding r...Continue Reading »
4. ENVIRONMENTAL COST MEASUREMENT AND ITS EFFECTS ON INVESTMENT RETURN IN UNITED CEMENT COMPANY, CALABAR» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Despite best efforts in Measuring Environmental Impact, industries continue to generate and disch...Continue Reading »
5. THE FUNCTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF GOVERNMENT SUPPORT AGENCIES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF ENTERPRENEURSHIP IN DELTA STUDY (A STUDY OF NATIONAL DIRECTORATE O...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Entrepreneurship stated when people began to produce more products that they required. As such th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This possibility of a firm to survive both in the short run and long run depends on how effective and efficient management of working capital...Continue Reading »
7. ROLE OF THE SHEIKH MAHMUD GUMI MARKET TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE KADUNA METROPOLIS WITHIN THE PERIOD BETWEEN 1999 TO 2014» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction It should be noted that this paper is a conscious attempt to uncover and make understandable the many ways in which the S...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF ACCOUNTING ON THE GROWTH OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (A STUDY OF L.G. PLC, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Accounting is the language of business that can tell with reasonable accuracy the degree of succe...Continue Reading »
9. ECONOMIC CHARACTERISTICS AND FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Organizations are institutions deliberately designed to achieve and accomplish certain goals and ...Continue Reading »
10. THE USEFULNESS OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT AS A GUIDE TO INVESTMENT DECISION MAKING (A CASE STUDY OF ETERNITY LTD, SAPELE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Since the formulization of separation of management from ownership of public limited liability co...Continue Reading »