Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 44 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
DEFINTION OF TERMS
Financial Accounting: Financial accounting is concerned with the recording of transactions for a business enterprise or other economic units and the periodic preparation of various reports from such records. Financial accounting then can be said to be a systematic gathering, identifying, summarizing and reporting of business transactions in monetary terms such that it provides information which permits informed judgment by the users of such information.
Information: These can be said to be facts needed or received by a person, or group of persons which is or will be useful to them.
Management: Management can be defined as the rational selection of courses of action to optimize the inter-relationship of a material and money for the survival and growth of the organization. It can also be regarded as the process of getting things done through people.
Decision-Making: Decision making can be defined as identifying alternatives, evaluating such alternatives and choosing from such alternatives. Decision making can be viewed as the very fabric of which organized activity is made.
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The attainment of this objective necessarily requires both the identification as well as the disclosure of an adequate amount of information considered relevant by the users.
Financial accounting information therefore, is the information derived from the financial accounting report. The essence of this information is for management and other users to make decisions. Therefore, the accuracy of decision making depends on the effective and efficient design of management information system.
The accounting concerned prepares the financial accounting information in such a way that will enable users to derive maximum information for their use.
Decision making itself can be described as the art or science of choosing among possible managerial actions. The art or science of decision making enable management of a business to choose from among a range of already analysed and evaluated alternative.
Two classes of decision makers can be identified in respect of the use of financial accounting information. These are the external users and the internal users. Management represents and the internal users include creditiors, shareholders, government agencies, trade unions e.t.c. Managers are the major users of financial accounting information need this information to plan.
The impact of financial accounting information on the management of any business cannot be overlooked, though the extent of such..
1.2. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Managers of certain businesses do not have sound accounting systems to enable them monitor operating expenses and revenues. They do not need the warings communicated by financial accounting information. This ignorance or lack of financial accounting information, may lead to the non-effective and inefficient accomplishment of the firm’s objectives.
It is only through accounting information that managers and external users get a picture of the organization as a total entity. Managers who fail to realize this do not appreciate an accountants analysis in respect of financial accounting information generated. This may lead to poor decisions being taken and it may affect the profitability and performance of the organization.
Some organizations, due to low financial layout or lack of adequate planning or ignorance may not employ expert hands needed and this causes the effect and importance of financial accounting information on decisions taken not to be noticed or gained by the organization.
The researchers in this study will seek to show the information management can derive from financial accounting and their usefulness for decision making in business.
1.3. OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of study are as follows:
- To ascertain of there is any relationship between effective use of financial accounting information and the decisions made in an organization.
- To ascertain whether company performance is related to efficient and effective use of financial accounting information.
- To determine factors that may constrain or promote the effective use of financial accounting information.
- To make recommendations which may enhance the employment of information provided by accounting system.
Impact may not be the same for every business. This study will seek to inquire into how monetary and financial information arranged in a professional accounting manner will influence managerial decision.
1.4. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This work would be of immense benefit to the following groups.
- Financial analysts.
- Economic researchers and students
- Investors and shareholders
- Labour unions and the general public.
The major contributions of this work are:
- To the management of companies as a tool for evaluating their performance and knowing whether they really take note of financial accounting information.
- To further examination of the use of financial accounting as an information system.
- To other researchers or research scholars who may wish to carryout further research on the subject matter or other related topics.
- It will provide insight on how business organizations rely on financial accounting information for decision making.
1.5. SCOPS AND LIMITATIONS OF STUDY
This work tends to cover the use of financial accounting information indecision making since it will be voluminous to research into financial accounting information alone.
Such decision making shall be to enhance profitability of the firm.
ANTHONY, R.N. AND REECE, J.S. MANAGEMENT Accounting principle,s Homewood, Richard D. Iropn. Inc. 1975
BIEERMAN, H. JR. AND DRESIN, A.R: Financial Accounting: An Introduction, Ed.2, New York, Mac Millian Publishing Co, Ince. 1972.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AUTOMATED FORENSIC AUDITING AND FRAUD CONTROL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION, PORTHARCOURT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Mobile wise geek (2011) defined fraud as a deliberate misrepresentation that causes a form of monetary losses. All of the...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPLEMENTATION OF STANDARD COSTING AND VARIANCE ANALYSIS IN NIGERIA MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A CASE STUDY OF FIG BREWERY LIMITED, UMUNEDE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Cost accounting in a specials branch of accounting that serve in both external and internal. In e...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study According to Fadzil et al (2005), the technology revolution in accounting and auditing began in th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Palm wine is a fermented traditional beverage consumed in many parts of the world and well known ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY For the purpose of fiscal accountability, there is first of all the auditor general whose pos...Continue Reading »
6. INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEMS AND CORPORATE SURVIVAL IN THE NIGERIAN BANKING INDUSTRY: A STUDY OF SOME SELECTED BANKS» ABSTRACT This research thesis investigates the problem of corporate failures as a result of weak internal controls system, which brings about distress...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The The concept of corporate governance has attracted a good deal of public interest in recent ye...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page. i Declaration. ii Certification/Approval ii Dedication. iii Acknowlegements. iv Table of Contents. v Abstract vii CHAPTE...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF FAMILY PLANNING CAMPAIGN ON IBAGWA COUPLES IN IGBO EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE.» ABSTRACT. The study examined the impact of family planning campaign on Ibagwa couples. The study highlighted the factors militating against appreciabl...Continue Reading »
» A tax computation is a statement showing the tax adjustments to the accounting profit to arrive at the income that is chargeable to tax. To determine ...Continue Reading »