Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project lay emphasis on the impact of internal control system on goals achievement of a manufacturing firm. It is phenomenon for every organization (manufacturing) to maintain internal control system in an organization, because it is a pillar for an efficient accounting system. Thus, the desire to examine the impact of internal control system in Champion Breweries Plc ignited this study. To achieve this objective, three research questions and two research hypotheses were formulated to this study. A structured questionnaire was used as the main instrument for data collection from 60 personnel and staff of the company and sample size of 52. The data collected from the respondents were analyzed using simple percentage and product moment correlation coefficient for testing the hypothesis. The study concluded with some recommendations that the top management and board of directors of the Champion Breweries Plc (company), should continuously improve of the internal control systems of their company; the management of the company should ensure that employees and adhere to the company’s policies and relevant codes of conduct.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Internal control system is the strength of every organization, has become of paramount important today in manufacturing firms. The reason being that the control systems in any organization is a pillar for an efficient accounting system.
The need for the internal control systems in the organizations, especially manufacturing firm like Champion Breweries Plc, cannot be undermined, due to the fact that the organizations which has a crucial role to play n the economic development of a nation is now being characterized by macro economic instability, slow growth in real economic activities, corruption and risk of fraud.
Fraud, which is the major reason for setting up an internal control system, has become a great pain in the neck of many manufacturing firm managers. It has also become an unfortunate staple in Nigeria’s international reputation. Fraud is really eating deep into the Nigerian firm (manufacturing) system and that any organization with weak internal control system, is dangerously exposed (Colbert and Bowen, 1996).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Every organization needs the strength and effective in the organization, therefore, before the firms like Champion Breweries Plc strive effectiveness they need an internal control system to enable them build-up strong internal control. The problem of this study is how internal control can be used to prevent and detect fraud (embezzlement) in an organization.
According to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, it increases the amount of internal control systems that the company needs to use. Internal control system helps relieve ethical dilemmas, increase accountability, deter fraud and improve the quality of financial information used by creditors and investors, however, an internal control system is only as good as its designs.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study is to find out the following:
(1) To examine the impact of internal control system in Champion Breweries Plc.
(2) To examine the effect of internal control system on goals achievement of an organization.
(3) To determine the problems associated with internal control system in Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo.
(4) To make useful recommendation based on the findings.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The ultimate goal of every manufacturing firm is to prevent fraud, embezzlement of money and increase accountability in any organization and this is achieve through internal control system in Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo.
This study is necessary because it would enable the employer and employee of Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo to improve the ethical behaviours in the management of the company.
Finally, it would be of immense benefit to investors who might want to invest in the company and the shareholders of the company to earn more profit. It will also serve as a reference source to other researchers who might want to further studies in the similar topic.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is limited to Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo and the research topic, which is centered on the impact of internal control on goals achievement of a manufacturing.
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Does internal control have any impact on Champion Breweries Plc?
2. What are the effects of internal control system in an organization?
3. What are identified problems of internal control system in Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo?
1.7 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The following hypotheses were formulated to guide this study:
H0: There is no significant relationship between internal control and impact in Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo,
H1: There is a significant relationship between internal control and impact in Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo.
H0: There are no problems confronting Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo.
H1: There are problems confronting Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The limitation of this study was inability of management to divulge certain information which the considered sensitive and fear of publication which might be detrimental to their operation.
Also, the researcher observed the non-cooperative attitude of some workers of the company to make information available for the researcher.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
a) Internal Control: Internal controls are policies procedures, practices and organizational structures implemented to provide reasonable assurance that an organization’s business objectives will be achieved and undesired risk events will be prevented or detected and connected based on wither compliance or management initiated concerns (Awe, 2005).
b) System: System can be an organized set of ideas or theories or particular way of doing something or a group of things, pieces of equipment that are connected or work together (Horngren, Harrison and Bamber, 1999).
c) Efficiency: This is very important to the achievement of competitive advantage and the maximization of profitability (Roth, 1997).
d) Manufacturing: This is the process of converting raw materials, components, or parts into finished goods that meet a customer’s expectations or specifications (Brewer & William 2004).
e) Organization: A social unit of people, systematically structured and managed to meet a need or a pursue collective goals on a continuing basis. All organizations have a management structure that determines relationship between functions and positions, and subdivides and delegates roles, responsibilities, and authority to carryout defined tasks (Simmon, 1997).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. APRAISAL OF BUDGETING AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE CONTROL IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Traditional budgeting has been criticized for a long time now for its inadequacy as a m...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 221 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. CAUSES OF STUDENTS FAILURE IN FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING IN SENIOR SECONDARY CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN AWKA LGA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education is a means through which young and old members the society are taught about the expecte...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 256 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. INTERNAL AUDITING AND MANAGEMENT DECISION MAKING IN AN ORGANIZATION: A STUDY OF NESTLE NIGERIA PLC» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add ...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 655 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT The study investigated the causes and effects of domestic violence in Ajegunle Lagos State, Nigeria. The population of the study comprised al...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 278 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The impact of Financial Accounting Reporting on the corporate performance of Business Organizatio...Continue Reading »
49 pages | 317 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM USAGE ON ORGANIZATION PERFORMANCE IN TANZANIA: CASE STUDY ON LGAs IN ARUSHA REGION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction The statement of problems, objectives of the research, also the significant of the re...Continue Reading »
101 pages | 1,531 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. THE ROLE OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT TO COST CONTROL AND PROFIT PERFORMANCE IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF INNOSON NIGERIA LIMITED ENUGU)» ABSTRACTAccountants have been bestowed with the role of providing information to the management regarding the affairs of the organization in particula...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 201 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The issue of proper documentation of financial record which is the major responsibility of the ac...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 199 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. IMPACT OF AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION AGENT IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF AGRICULTURE IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Agricultural extension has often been conceptualized as an education process, which promotes ...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 300 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Historically, there is diversity of financial reporting in different countries due to culture, legal systems, tax systems and business struct...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 214 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING