Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The aim of this research work is to appraise “The impact of credit management
on the profitability of a manufacturing firm focused on Unilever Nigeria Plc Aba”.
This is because; trade credit is a short term source of finance and sometimes
take the form of bills payable. The statement problem of this research banks
about the poor level of credit management and also the problems which the
firms encounter as a result of high-rate of bad debts. The objective of this
research study is to highlight the effects of the credit management on the
profitability of the company as well as to highlight the advantages of effective
and efficient management of trade credit amongst others. Furthermore, this
research work will be of immense significance to the staff of Unilever Nig. Plc
Aba as well as the students and the researcher since it aims at providing effective
means of reducing default in collection of accounts. Also, research questions like;
could a company’s liquidity problem be attributed to bad debt? On the average,
how long do you allow credit to customers? Etc. research instrument used were
questionnaires for the purpose of obtaining the desired result. In treating and
analyzing the data collected, an extensive use of tabular information and
percentages were of great importance. In the light of the findings and
conclusions of this work, the following recommendations are put up: that then
should be a regular review of credit policies to suit the changes in the business
environment and that an enquiry unit should be established to take
responsibility for prospective credit’s assessments amongst others.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Credit management is a term used to identify accounting functions
usually conducted under the umbrella of accounts receivables. Essentially, this
collection of processes involves qualifying the extension of credit to a
customer, monitors the reception and logging of payments on outstanding
invoices, the initiation of collection procedures, and the resolution of disputes
or queries regarding charges on a customer invoice. When functioning
efficiently, credit management serves as an excellent way for business to
remain financially stable.
Competent credit management seeks to not only protect the vendor
from possible losses, but also protect the customer from creating more debt
obligations that cannot be settled in a timely manner.
Several factors are used as part of the credit management process to
evaluate and qualify a customer for the receipt of some form of commercial
credit. This may include; gathering data on the potential customer’s, current
financial condition including the current credit score.
BRIEF HISTORY OF UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC ABA
Unilever Nigeria Plc is a public liability company quoted on the Nigerian
stock exchange since 1973 with Nigerian’s currently having 49 percent of
equity holidays established in Nigeria. Unilever Nigeria Plc started as a soap
manufacturing company and is today’s one of the eldest surviving
manufacturing organization in Nigeria. The company changed its name to
“Unilever Nigeria Plc” in 2001.
The company is into the manufacture and marketing of household
toiletries and favorites which are manufactured in their various factory
locations in Nigeria. This is because they are so deeply committed to meet the
everyday needs of people everywhere in Nigeria. Such factors are located at
Lagos, Agbara, Oregun and Aba. Its staff strength is about one thousand eight
hundred (1,800) employers. They also have indirect employees like contract
staff and others who range from our forty thousand employees throughout the
The company has also made provision for assistance in fields of health,
education, children welfare and potable water hygiene as part of its social
responsibility programme in the Nigerian communities.
Conclusively, Unilever Nigeria Plc from research has been found to be
involved in both credit and cash transactions with its customers.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
There are many problems companies encounter as a result of poor
credit management. Thus, the problems inherent in this research study as
investigated are as follows:
(1) There is a high rate of bad debts because some corporations take
advantage of the credit that is extended to them and find themselves
not able to pay debt later.
(2) The poor
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The objective of this study was to evaluate the internal control system in operation at power holding company of Nigeria Plc in Enugu State w...Continue Reading »
2. APPRAISING THE SIGNIFICANCE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM TO THE MANAGEMENT OF AKWA IBOM TRANSPORT COMPANY UYO.» ABSTRACT A major function of accounting Information System (AIS) is to provide adequate, timely and reliable financial information to users to help th...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research work has investigated “ the internal audit as a tool for management control” (A case study of project development i...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL LITERACY ON THE PROFITABILITY OF SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES IN CALABAR MUNICIPALITY, CROSS RIVER STATE.» ABSTRACT The focus of this research is on the impact of financial literacy on the profitability of some small scale enterprises in Calabar Municipalit...Continue Reading »
5. THE NEED FOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANT IN MINISTRIES A CASE STUDY OF KOGI STATE MINISTRIES OF FINANCE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Accounting is needed as a language of business be it international or locally, and it is present both with the public sector ...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT ON MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC SECTOR FUND - FEDERAL SECTOR ESTABLISHMENT IN MAIDUGURI» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In 2015, Central Bank of Nigeria issued a circular directing all deposit money banks to implement...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF ACCOUNTING IN THE CONTROL OF PUBLIC EXPENDITURE (A CASE STUDY OF ISOKO NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Of The Study For some years ago, public expenditure remains an area of study relatively unexplored. Despite th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Manufacturing firms are considered important in both developed and developing countries. They are...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF E-LEARNING SYSTEM (A Case Study of the Department of Computer Science)» ABSTRACT The tremendous impact of electronic technology (like computer and computer embedded devices, computer networking, artificial intelligence, mu...Continue Reading »
10. ENVIRONMENTAL ACCOUNTING INFORMATION DISCLOSURE A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT ON THE QUALITY OF FINANCIAL REPORTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Disclosure of environmental accounting information in the financial reports of manufacturing firm...Continue Reading »