Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The aim of this research work is to appraise “The impact of credit management
on the profitability of a manufacturing firm focused on Unilever Nigeria Plc Aba”.
This is because; trade credit is a short term source of finance and sometimes
take the form of bills payable. The statement problem of this research banks
about the poor level of credit management and also the problems which the
firms encounter as a result of high-rate of bad debts. The objective of this
research study is to highlight the effects of the credit management on the
profitability of the company as well as to highlight the advantages of effective
and efficient management of trade credit amongst others. Furthermore, this
research work will be of immense significance to the staff of Unilever Nig. Plc
Aba as well as the students and the researcher since it aims at providing effective
means of reducing default in collection of accounts. Also, research questions like;
could a company’s liquidity problem be attributed to bad debt? On the average,
how long do you allow credit to customers? Etc. research instrument used were
questionnaires for the purpose of obtaining the desired result. In treating and
analyzing the data collected, an extensive use of tabular information and
percentages were of great importance. In the light of the findings and
conclusions of this work, the following recommendations are put up: that then
should be a regular review of credit policies to suit the changes in the business
environment and that an enquiry unit should be established to take
responsibility for prospective credit’s assessments amongst others.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Credit management is a term used to identify accounting functions
usually conducted under the umbrella of accounts receivables. Essentially, this
collection of processes involves qualifying the extension of credit to a
customer, monitors the reception and logging of payments on outstanding
invoices, the initiation of collection procedures, and the resolution of disputes
or queries regarding charges on a customer invoice. When functioning
efficiently, credit management serves as an excellent way for business to
remain financially stable.
Competent credit management seeks to not only protect the vendor
from possible losses, but also protect the customer from creating more debt
obligations that cannot be settled in a timely manner.
Several factors are used as part of the credit management process to
evaluate and qualify a customer for the receipt of some form of commercial
credit. This may include; gathering data on the potential customer’s, current
financial condition including the current credit score.
BRIEF HISTORY OF UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC ABA
Unilever Nigeria Plc is a public liability company quoted on the Nigerian
stock exchange since 1973 with Nigerian’s currently having 49 percent of
equity holidays established in Nigeria. Unilever Nigeria Plc started as a soap
manufacturing company and is today’s one of the eldest surviving
manufacturing organization in Nigeria. The company changed its name to
“Unilever Nigeria Plc” in 2001.
The company is into the manufacture and marketing of household
toiletries and favorites which are manufactured in their various factory
locations in Nigeria. This is because they are so deeply committed to meet the
everyday needs of people everywhere in Nigeria. Such factors are located at
Lagos, Agbara, Oregun and Aba. Its staff strength is about one thousand eight
hundred (1,800) employers. They also have indirect employees like contract
staff and others who range from our forty thousand employees throughout the
The company has also made provision for assistance in fields of health,
education, children welfare and potable water hygiene as part of its social
responsibility programme in the Nigerian communities.
Conclusively, Unilever Nigeria Plc from research has been found to be
involved in both credit and cash transactions with its customers.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
There are many problems companies encounter as a result of poor
credit management. Thus, the problems inherent in this research study as
investigated are as follows:
(1) There is a high rate of bad debts because some corporations take
advantage of the credit that is extended to them and find themselves
not able to pay debt later.
(2) The poor
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background Information/Statement The payment system consist of institutions, set of instruments and procedures through which financial...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The Small and medium scale enterprises sector has been recognized worldwide for its role in econ...Continue Reading »
» AbstractThere exists divergence of opinion in literature on the relationship between capital structure and firms financial performance. This mix of op...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECTS OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY IN FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF NIGERIAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT (A CASE STUDY OF BENDE LOCAL GOVERNMENT» ABSTRACT There has been a persisting challenges of accountability and transparency in local government councils in Nigeria. The objective of this stud...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examined the effects of treasury single account policy on corruption in Nigeria: analysis from 2011 to 2017. The study adopted a cr...Continue Reading »
6. APPLICATION OF COST ACCOUNTING TO MANAGEMENT PLANNING, CONTROL AND DECISION MAKING (A Case Study of Nigeria Bottling Company (NBC))» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The main theme of this project is to bring to highlight the importance of costing to the existenc...Continue Reading »
7. MOTIVATIONAL TOOLS AND THE PRODUCTIVITY OF OFFICE PROFESSIONALS (A Survey of Selected Organization in Kaduna Metropolis)» ABSTRACT This study titled “Motivational tools and the Productivity of Office Professionals” a survey study of selected organization in Ka...Continue Reading »
8. ACCESSIBILITY OF CREDIT FACILITY FROM FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS BY SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES: EVIDENCE FROM NIGERIA» Abstract This study tries to look at the accessibility of credit facility from financial institutions by small and Medium Scale Enterprises: Evidence ...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study It is widely acknowledged that the accounting profession is an important facet of our society (Wyatt, 2004). ...Continue Reading »
10. DEBT RECOVERY TECHNIQUES IN THE BANKING SECTORS ISSUES, PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK NIG PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Actually, for every successful business, there must be a debt in the sense that one person or customer must own the owner of ...Continue Reading »