Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
In this research, it is assumed that unemployment is a factor inherent in the nation’s economic system, first because intentionally or unintentionally the policy-makers do not deliberately resort to measures capable of reducing unemployment to acceptable level. This research is concerned with wages and means of denitrifying the causes and measures of curbing the problem created by unemployment. To do this, this research will specifically investigate the incidence if unemployment among graduates of institution of higher learning in Enugu State and to determine what factors are responsible for or that affect unemployment. The researcher distributed (200) two hundred questionnaires to the respondent and collected (170) one hundred and seventy. Data were collected from unemployed graduates the data extracted from the questionnaire from the validation of research hypothesis were subjected to chi-square test statistics. And at the end of the research work, some possible recommendation where made like, establishment of more industries should be provided in order to absorb our unemployed graduates and conclusion were made in order to tackle the problems of unemployment amongst the graduates of higher institution in Enugu State.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This chapter provides a broad overview of the employment situation in graduate s which is a major concern of government and their social partner throughout the region. Theapproach is rather general and highlights major issues concerning employment problems and prospects in the region. Because of data limitation, it does not attempt a comprehensive and quantitative analysis of the employment situation. it brings with an examination of the employment problems, including background information on its origin and trends, and then looks at the nature and underlying causes of contemporary unemployment. Unemployment of a large portion of the labor force is a central problem now in almost all the underdeveloped countries.
The phenomenon major concern
chronic unemployment successive Nigerian
has become government.
phenomenon of joblessness creates much concern for the individual Nigerians. According to the 1966 - 67 manpower surveys in Nigeria, the proportion of the labour force in Nigeria not working is 1 - 7 percent, which means that nearly two of every one hundred member of the potential labor are unemployed.
Unemployment has thus reached such an alarming situation today that is perhaps considered the most serious of the problem affecting Nigeria and one that is steadily worsening as the gap between the rapid rising member pressing for work and the new employment opportunities being created widens.
In the underdeveloped countries such as Nigeria however employment benefits are not available to the unemployed. the income level of the great majority of families makes the provision of unemployment benefits virtually impossible thus those unable to find jobs or these discharged from their previous employments re left to fend for themselves. in under developed countries majority of job seekers are therefore forced to create
employment for themselves particularly in the rural agricultural sectors where they force disguised unemployment. in the context of this study both those who are disguised unemployment. in the context of this study both those who are disguisedly unemployed and those who are openly unemployed are lumped together as the unemployed.
thus unemployment is define briefly as the negative aspect of the economic process for an unemployed person is one who despite his willingness and capacity to work is unable to do so for reasons inherent in the organization of the commodity production.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PPROBLEMS
Unemployment rates are particularly high among graduate and especially among school leaves, giving rise increasingly to the problems of "educated unemployment". paradoxically, graduate unemployment seems to be correlated with levels of education attained in some cases. This is particularly true for school leavers in, for example, Nigeria where the proportion of the unemployed with secondary education increased from 24 to 51 percent
employment rates are
probably 3 - 4 times
higher than those of older workers, and in
the region open
graduate as a group in the labour could be as 40 - 50 percent.
Moreover, graduate s and new entrants to the labour force are as well placed as experienced workers to find employment in new opportunities or to go into self employment. Theproblems of graduate unemployment reflect the contraction of jobs in the modern sector and declining rate of job creation in that sector. It also suggests serious labour market distortions related to the development and utilization of human resources in the context
of changing economic circumstances. further, the problem of graduate unemployment islinked to the fact of many African countries, as already noted, continue to record relatively high rates of population growth, and the population structure of some of those countries is overwhelmingly young will children of school going age accounting for as much as half of the total population in some cases.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
Unemployment has become a current and a current universal problem in Nigeria. The impact presently has been felt by 80% of Nigerian's families. The efforts of our government to curb it are inadequate or misdirected, so positive results are not yet in sight.
Unemployment has brought hardship and object poverty to many families. The level of adult dependency has increased, so the rate of saving in our economy is declining. The problem has also led to increase in crime waves and rates. All these could spell doom for the nation. It is deemed fit to embark on this study as a contribution towards the eradication of the problems of unemployment and its accompanying problems and hardship to the individual and in general.
Our primary motive of carrying out this study were born of the desire to contribute in any meaningful way the idea of how the glowing rate of unemployment in Nigeria can be dealt with in order to reduce its social and other consequences especially on our leaders of tomorrow to at least a minimum.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF EXPENDITURE CONTROL METHODS IN GOVERNMENT AND PRIVATELY OWNED HOSPITALS. (A STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA TEACHING HOSPITAL, ...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Expenditure control or cost control is part of management control process, in every organisat...Continue Reading »
2. INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC SECTOR ACCOUNTING STANDARDS (IPSAS) AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION IN MINISTRIES, DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES (MDAs). A STUDY OF MINISTRY OF...» 1.1 Background to the Study The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) has made it a precondition and directive that the public sector of any ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study investigated the causes and effects of domestic violence in Ajegunle Lagos State, Nigeria. The population of the study comprised al...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF CREDIT MANAGEMENT ON THE PROFITABILITY OF A MANUFACTURING FIRM (A CASE STUDY OF UNILEVER PLC ABA, NIGERIA).» ABSTRACT The aim of this research work is to appraise “The impact of credit management on the profitability of a manufacturing firm focused on U...Continue Reading »
5. STOCK CONTROL: AN INDISPENSABLE TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE IN AN ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF BETA GLASS COMPANY PLC, UGHELLI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study. Stock is a system used in a firm’s investment in stock which involves recording and monito...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Women empowerment, financing in business is very vital and of utmost importance because of the level of which our global world is moving. Thi...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF LEGAL ASSESSMENT ON TENDER OF CONTRACTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF MINISTERIAL TENDER BOARD UNIT, MINISTRY OF INTERIOR, ABUJA)» Abstract All contracts are built upon the basic premise of the meeting of minds, the idea of assent and agreement as to the same thing. This research ...Continue Reading »
8. APPRAISAL OF THE SIGNIFICANCE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION ON ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC, BENIN CITY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Management of business organizations requires accurate, reliable, relevant and timely information...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background study: The main purpose of drilling vertical or horizontal wells is to produce maximum recoverable oil at minim...Continue Reading »
10. IMPACT OF BUDGETING CONTROL ON PROFITABILITY OF AN ORGANIZATION WITH A PARTICULAR FOCUS ON SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS NIGERIA PLC.» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of budgetary control on profitability of an organization. Thus, the importance of budgetary cannot be emphasiz...Continue Reading »