Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study tries to look at the accessibility of credit facility from financial institutions by small and Medium Scale Enterprises: Evidence from Nigeria. Small and Medium Scale Enterprises have been faced with poor funding when developing nations like ours are considered. This however distorts the outstanding function of SMEs as the engine and pivot for the economic growth and national development. No wonder Nigeria has continued to experience high level of emergence of new enterprises that would only exist for two to three years and fizzle out. This study has a broad objective of determining the degree of accessibility of credit facility by SMEs from the financial institution in Nigeria with such variables like government policies, collaterals, tax incentives etc. The study adopted the analytical survey method to gather information on the variables. The population was made up of all the financial controllers in the 360 manufacturing enterprises in the three states under study. We in turn used judgmental sampling technique to select the financial controllers in these manufacturing enterprises. Data were collected by means of questionnaires with response option graduated into a five- likert scale designed to capture information on the variables that affect SMEs. The linear regression analysis was used to test hypotheses one, three and four. One sampled t-test was used to test hypothesis two while a multiple regression analysis was used to test the multiple effects of three independent variables on credit accessibility. The result obtained using the test statistics shows a positive relationship between government policies, access to credit as the greatest problems facing SMEs, tax incentives, availability of collaterals as regards the accessibility of credit facility by SMEs. The research questions proved that international financial assistance abounds for SMEs. The study also showed that the level of the operation of SMEs has not improved when compared with other developed nations. SMEs in Nigeria are faced with numerous challenges and such has affected their performances. We therefore recommend that attention and support be given to the sub-sector so as to enhance their performance as the engine of growth and catalyst for socio-economic transformation in Nigeria. The study has provided opportunities for further research into other factors that could affect SMEs credit accessibility, in order to ascertain if such factors actually affect them in equal measures or not.
1.1 Background of the Study
A business whether small or big, simple or complex, private or public is created to either provide competitive prices make profit, provide social services or add value (Ayozie ,1999). Business in Nigeria has been classified as small, medium and large. However, (SMEs) Small and Medium Enterprises does not have a one way definition rather, its definition is best understood from its characteristic features; level of project costs, turnover, number of employees, ownership composition and capital outlay (Akinsurile,2006).
The Federal and State Ministries of Industry and Commerce have adopted the criteria of value of fixed capital to determine what Small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) definition would be. The National Council of Industries defined SMEs as those businesses whose capital base excluding land is not more than N2m only and employee ranges from 10 to 300 persons (Akimade,1991). However, this value rose from N60, 000 in 1972, N159, 000 in 1975, N250, 000 in 1986 before rising to N2m in 1991. On the other hand, small and Medium Scale Industries development Act 2003 specified that SME employee rages from 10-199, Assets excluding land and building fall between (5 and 499) million Naira only.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» PREFACE This study was done to determine the roles of commercial banks in financing the agricultural sector in Enugu State. The objectives were specif...Continue Reading »
2. AN INVESTIGATION INTO ACADEMIC INDISCIPLINE AND FAILURE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN (ENGLISH LANGUAGE MATHEMATICS, IGBO LANGUAGE, AGRICULTURAL ...» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to investigate the causes and effects of indiscipline among secondary school students in Esan central Local Gov...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Firms determining factors have been identified to have an immeasurable role in enhancing the financial performance of companies, but availabl...Continue Reading »
4. AN EVALUATION OF THE EFFECT OF ACOUNTING RECORDS ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SME IN NIGERIA A STUDY OF SELECTED SMES IN LAGOS METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT The research provides a theoretical and case study appraisal on the effect of accounting records on the performance of SME in Nigeria. It elu...Continue Reading »
5. INVENTORY CONTROL AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOL FOR COST CONTROL IN AN ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF CADBURY NIGERIA PLC).» ABSTRACT Installation of underground pipes to network the water supply from the borehole to specific point that is soil lab and department main buildi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to examine the impact of new technology on the country’s broadcast media. To achieve this objective, four res...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF FLUCTUATING FOREIGN EXCHANGE RATE ON NIGERIA CURRENCY. (A CASE STUDY OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA, ENUGU BRANCH)» ABSTRACT The currency of a nation is made to appreciate. Is this appreciation made at the expense of the foreign market determinant? Or is it as a res...Continue Reading »
8. LOAN PROCUREMENT PROCEDURES FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE BUSINESSES PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SMES IN ENUGU METROPOLIS)» ABSTRACTThis research work is focused on the procurement procedures for small and medium scale business â€“ SMEs with regards problem and prospec...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Accountability and transparency has been critical issue in financial management of local gove...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The changing complexity of business activities and the ever changing conditions of business envir...Continue Reading »