Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study examines the Federal Government financial allocation, planning and its control in an educational institution. It is aimed at proffering solutions to the challenges of allocation of funds in educational institutions. The questionnaire was used to record respondents’ responses. This is because it is effective in data collection. It was discovered that insufficient student welfare makes it difficult for some students to achieve their aims and objectives. It is also recommended that budget allocation for staff training and development should be enhanced as a tool for motivation.
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Higher educational institutions especially in Nigeria are known for insufficient allocation of resources from government/stakeholder that set them up and other resources centres. In most instances, management of these institution fall challenges of having to apply in adequate resources to meeting the multi-dimensional objectives in producing good output. This has always been a serious process.
This therefore necessitate the need to draw policies that will help in the management of this facilities. Consequently there is a need to also evaluate these policies and its management in order to known its efficiency.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The roles and high educational institutions in achieving national objectives can best be expressed as a series of tasks wich must be fulfilled.
They cannot be accomplished over night. These tasks are described as:
Passing on the heritage of the past.
- When a child is born he begins a new personal existence, but he also joins an old established society. One of the roles institutions plays is to pass on to him the knowledge is very great. The present generation is deeply indebted to past generation for all past discoveries, inventions and accumulated experiences that have been handed down to them. Civilization would cease to exist if every the heritage of the past were with held from present.
In the past this heritage was past on through the family or by contact between individuals.
Today, the increased volume of knowledge and greater number of people acquiring it, requires extra schools in form of private institutions organized by individual and bodies.
Preparing for the future
- To prepare pupils for living in the modern society, higher institutions must prepare individuals spirit, mind and body. Decent behaviour must be instilled, useful skills and healthy activities of the mind encouraged. These three things are necessary not just preparing the children for earning a living, but for coping with the problems of the society which they will soon find themselves as adult members and also putting purpose into living.
- Education gives a satisfying purpose for all we lean and it keeps us from living a life that is purposeless and help us to show the people we teach that our labours in teaching them and their efforts at learning after for a better purpose than just making them skilled, but will help them to become man and woman of real understanding.
- Higher institutions need to convince their pupils and student that life has purpose and education is worth while.
Training the Labour Force
- Higher institution help the nation in developing low, middle and high level man power necessary for economic development. These higher institutions train a significant number of the country’s labour force such as technicians, accountants, confidential secretaries, typists etc.
- The top management cannot function properly without the support of these categories of the labour force. They are like the foundation on which a building rests. The wheel of economic progress will not move without the support of these categories of labour force trained by higher institutions.
Without adequate funds, these tasks or objectives cannot be accomplished. The institution runs various courses both at certificate, national and higher national diploma levels.
Good financial allocation and control are needed to ensure the success of the courses offered.
Financial allocation is needed for planning the scarce resource of the institution, while control ensures that the action of the institution management move to towards the stated objectives. Akwa Ibom Polytechnic has important roles to play in developing the management needed in the country, but this role can be severely limited if the institution is not adequately funded.
- The problem we wish to investigate is adequate finance being provided to higher educational institutions such as Akwa Ibom Polytechnic in achieving these tasks.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are:
1. To examine the federal government financial allocation and planning and its control in an educational institutional account.
2. To identify out the activities of federal government financial allocation and planning and its control in an educational institutions account.
3. To identify the problem of activities of federal government financial allocation and planning and its control in an educational institutions accounts.
4. To identify the possible solution in the problem of activities of federal government financial allocation and planning and its control in an educational institutional accounts.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What are the federal government financial allocation and planning and its control in an educational allocation?
2. What are the activities of federal government financial allocation and planning and its control in an educational institution?
3. What are the problem of federal government, financial allocation and planning and its control in an educational institution accounts?
4. What are the possible solutions to he identified problem in federal government financial planning allocation and its control in an educational institution accounts?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SOURCES AND STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVEMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT REVENUE IN ABIA STATE (A CASE OF OHAFIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA),» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) is revenues generated internally apart from subventions, alloc...Continue Reading »
2. IMPORTANCE OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING LITERACY ON THE GROWTH DEVELOPMENT SURVIVAL, PRODUCTION AND PERFORMANCE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Problem Micro and small enterprises (MSE’s) are facilitators for broad based growth in compet...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The last decade has witnessed several accounting scandals and corporate failures that were blamed...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research work is aimed at ascertaining the various role played by the accountant in the privatization and commercialization of pubic ent...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF ELECTRONIC BANKING (E- BANKING) IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT This study was embarked upon to ascertain the impact of Accountancy knowledge on the Role of Electronic Banking in the Development of Financi...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT COSTING TECHNIQUES ON A PROFITABILITY OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF DANGOTE FLOUR MILLS PLC, CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The primary goal of a business concern, its production of goods and services and sell them in a p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project investigates the causes and effect of ineffective communication in the banking industries. It is a case study conducted in only ...Continue Reading »
8. THE FUNCTION OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION IN DECISION MAKING IN BUSINESS ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC, ONITSHA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.01 GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE AREA OF STUDY Accounting is a very interesting course and accountants are well placed in the ...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF COMPUTER-ASSISTED AUDIT IN FRAUD DETECTION IN AN ORGANIZATION A STUDY OF ANCHOR INSURANCE COMPANY, UYO» ABSTRACT The choice of this topic “The Impact of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques in Fraud Detection in an Organization” a study of Anch...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Research Property taxation is one of the major source of revenue in Nigeria especially in local governm...Continue Reading »