Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 93 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research was carried out on the topic, problem and prospect of the computerized Accounting system in Nigeria Banks. Using the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Nigeria Plc, Ahmadu Bello way branch as a case study. The researcher intention was to find out how the use of the computerized accounting system is of benefit to Nigerian Banks to know whether the computerized accounting system can increase the speed at which withdrawals and deposits are made, to know the extent to which banks’ staff have acquired the knowledge for the proper application of the system and to find out the problems associated with the use of the system. To achieve these, the researcher made use of both primary and secondary sources of data. The primary source of data used for this work were the questionnaire and interview though the questionnaire was mainly used. It was administered on the total number of staff in the processing department of the bank i.e. the sample size for this work. The sample size was ninety five (95). That is to say there were ninety five (95) employees in the processing department of UBA Nigeria Plc, Ahmadu Bello way Branch. The questions asked in the questionnaire were based on the research questions answers to which were not 40 positive. That is to say, though a large variable of the respondents responded positively, some had opposite views. All said and dome, the researcher came up with findings, that the use of the computerized accounting system had improved the effectiveness of the banks operating. It has also increased the speed at which customers of the bank can make deposit or withdrawal. The findings of this research project also had it that employees of the bank still need to be trained in computer technology so as to increase their knowledge of computer operation. Some problems found out be associated with the use of the system where the issues of fraudulent transactions which can be done easily without being detected through the computer, unauthorized transaction and change in programme instructions so as to affect some accounting information. After concluding that the use of the computerized accounting system had done good to the banking sector of Nigeria considering the positive changes witnessed by banks in Nigeria since its introduction, we recommended that Nigerian banks diverse. Their resources into implementing modern computer based system. They should try to meet up with their foreign counterparts who are applying more advanced computer technology in their operations. Banks in Nigeria should develop means or ways of detecting fraudulent transactions. That might be committed by same employees and also provide opportunities from time-to-time for their staff to go for computer training and skills improvement.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF BUDGETING AND BUDGETARY CONTROL ON THE PERFORMANCE OF MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The success of every organization depends largely on effective planning and control. Planning and control are pre conditi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 153 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY With the prevailing situation in the Nigeria economy, it is an established fact that embezzlement...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 202 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. THE IMPACT OF FINANCING INFRASTRUCTURAL FINANCING (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT FROM 1999-2006).» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION (BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY) Part of developments in any country is widely held to be infrastructural. Infrastructural devel...Continue Reading »
45 pages | 363 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT The study analyzed gender stereotype in select Nigerian home videos, specifically with a view to finding out how men and women are stereotype...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 90 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. EXTENT OF COMPUTER LITERACY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL SCIENCE TEACHERS IN EZZA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» Abstract The research work focused on the extent of Computer Literacy among Secondary School Science Teachers in Ezza South Local Government Area of E...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 39 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. ALLOCATION OF FUNDS ACROSS EXPENDITURE HEADS IN THE NIGERIAN PUBLIC TEACHING HOSPITALS (A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Health care services are one of the cardinal services any government must provide for its citizenry. ...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 241 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of a business depends on the control avail...Continue Reading »
117 pages | 250 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. COST VOLUME PROFIT ANALYSIS FOR PROFIT PLANNING IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A Case Study Of Obika Industry Nigeria Limited Nkpologwu Anambra State)» ABSTRACT This is set out to determine the application of cost volume profit analysis in business decision making the constraints experienced as well a...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 153 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. THE IMPACT OF FAMILY PLANNING CAMPAIGN ON IBAGWA COUPLES IN IGBO EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE.» ABSTRACT. The study examined the impact of family planning campaign on Ibagwa couples. The study highlighted the factors militating against appreciabl...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 131 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL PROFITABILITY IN LARGE MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A SELECTED STUDY OF MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN ABUJA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Inventory management is a critical management issue for most large companies, medium sized compan...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 220 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING