Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 93 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research was carried out on the topic, problem and prospect of the computerized Accounting system in Nigeria Banks. Using the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Nigeria Plc, Ahmadu Bello way branch as a case study. The researcher intention was to find out how the use of the computerized accounting system is of benefit to Nigerian Banks to know whether the computerized accounting system can increase the speed at which withdrawals and deposits are made, to know the extent to which banks’ staff have acquired the knowledge for the proper application of the system and to find out the problems associated with the use of the system. To achieve these, the researcher made use of both primary and secondary sources of data. The primary source of data used for this work were the questionnaire and interview though the questionnaire was mainly used. It was administered on the total number of staff in the processing department of the bank i.e. the sample size for this work. The sample size was ninety five (95). That is to say there were ninety five (95) employees in the processing department of UBA Nigeria Plc, Ahmadu Bello way Branch. The questions asked in the questionnaire were based on the research questions answers to which were not 40 positive. That is to say, though a large variable of the respondents responded positively, some had opposite views. All said and dome, the researcher came up with findings, that the use of the computerized accounting system had improved the effectiveness of the banks operating. It has also increased the speed at which customers of the bank can make deposit or withdrawal. The findings of this research project also had it that employees of the bank still need to be trained in computer technology so as to increase their knowledge of computer operation. Some problems found out be associated with the use of the system where the issues of fraudulent transactions which can be done easily without being detected through the computer, unauthorized transaction and change in programme instructions so as to affect some accounting information. After concluding that the use of the computerized accounting system had done good to the banking sector of Nigeria considering the positive changes witnessed by banks in Nigeria since its introduction, we recommended that Nigerian banks diverse. Their resources into implementing modern computer based system. They should try to meet up with their foreign counterparts who are applying more advanced computer technology in their operations. Banks in Nigeria should develop means or ways of detecting fraudulent transactions. That might be committed by same employees and also provide opportunities from time-to-time for their staff to go for computer training and skills improvement.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Auditing is an independent checking, investigation, examination and expression of the books of accounts and vouchers of a...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 328 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT The paper examined the effect of accounting information on decision making process, with a particular reference to the Nigerian breweries plc...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 245 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING AND ITS APPLICATION TO ORGANISATIONAL, PLANNING, CONTROL AND DECISION MAKING (CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERIES PLC.)» ABSTRACT The main thrust of this study is to examine the application of management accounting and its application to organisational, planning, control...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. THE IMPACT OF STANDARD COSTING ON PROFITABILITY AND MANAGERIAL EFFECTIVENESS ON A MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY» ABSTRACTThe impact of standard costing on profitability and managerial effectiveness of a manufacturing industry. The standard cost reveals the goals,...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 170 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. DETERMINANTS OF INTERNAL AUDIT EFFECTIVENESS IN KANO STATE MINISTRIES, DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES (MDAs)» ABSTRACT Effective internal audit is an important and integral function of organizations that helps in achieving its objectives and protecting organiz...Continue Reading »
124 pages | 11 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Many Nigerians have been greatly concerned with the problem of Nigeria economy especially the persistent depreciation of the naira exchange r...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 167 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. AN EVALUATION OF ACCESS TO AND UTILIZATION PATTERNS OF FUNDS FROM MICRO-FINANCE INSTITUTIONS BY FARMERS IN UDI LGA» ABSTRACT This study investigated the access to and utilization patterns of funds from Micro Finance Institutions by Farmers in Udi Local Government Ar...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 353 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. THE ROLE OF STATUTORY AUDITOR IN CONTROLLING FRAUD IN GOVERNMENT OWNED ESTABLISHMENT (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA TEACHING HOSPITAL UNTH, E...» ABSTRACT This research work is view of the role of a statutory Auditor with intention of determining how it helps in cubing frauds in government owned...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 201 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Financial statements are the main means of communicating the affairs of the company to all the st...Continue Reading »
97 pages | 13 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. FORENSIC ACCOUNTING AS A TOOL FOR FRAUD DETECTION AND PREVENTION (A STUDY OF ENUGU SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL)» ABSTRACT The study examines the effect of forensic accounting as a tool for fraud detection and prevention in an organization. The aim of this study i...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 302 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING