Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Warehouse is where goods and commodities are kept for further clearance. Narrowing it to Nigeria Ports Authority, there are many warehouse where imported consignment and goods are stored. This is cleared by carrying the billing papers from post to post, waiting and wasting much time in seeing who is in charge. Goods that takes about two weeks to berth into the country takes another two weeks to get cleared. This makes the importers and the clearing agents to run from port to port, in search of where the goods were kept.
The introduction of computer in warehousing will enable importers know which and where their goods are kept, as it will always be stipulates on the bill of laden papers. Computer is hereby seen as a way of handling, by systematically organizing them, recording or making notations on them, following up with the appropriate action or the like.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLE
The processing of billing papers for clearance of goods, with manual method has led to omission of many records that ought to be included. This is caused by inaccuracy of the manual billing process.
Due to the inefficiency in manual billing process, billing papers are carried from post to post, waiting for who is in charge, thereby delaying the goods that suppose to be delivered.
More so, goods are not delivered on time, due to the fact, that goods that takes about two weeks to get into the country, still takes another two weeks to be cleared.
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of this is study is to
1. Identify those problems caused by using manual billing clearance
2. Finding out the effect of this in Nigeria Ports Authority
3. Create computer awareness
4. Identify prospects for solution of problems.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research, base on the problem and prospect of using computer in Nigeria Ports Authority, will help to develop interest towards computer.
The findings of this research, will also help the management to increase the income generation of Nigeria Ports Authority and smooth running of the warehouse in general.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The researcher will identify all the problems, including the financial constraints of the problems, encounter with the use of manual billing clearance in warehousing.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Due to the financial constraints of the researcher and lack of time, the researcher is concentrating the study in only Nigeria Ports Authority Lagos.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The preparation of stewardship report from the accounting point of view is the role of the manage...Continue Reading »
113 pages | 238 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In the word of Armstrong (1988), the process of motivation is initiated by the conscious and unco...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 146 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. FINANCIAL STATEMENT FRAUD IN AN ORGANIZATION: ISSUES AND SOLUTION( A CASE STUDY OF FIRST CITY MONUMENT BANK)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM The current business environment and even more economic recession, have in recent times pushed t...Continue Reading »
90 pages | 213 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. TEACHER AS A MODEL IN THE LEARNING ACHIEVEMENT OF PUPILS IN THE AREA OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE [CRK] IN SOME SELECTED PRIVATE NURSERY AND PRIMA...» ABSTRACT This research work was designed to look into the consent of a teacher as a model in the learning achievement of pupils in the area of Christi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 269 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT For any organization to function effectively and efficiently to achieve its desired goals and objectives, such an organization must have an e...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 183 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Auditing has been used by governments and Private Enterprises for a long period as a tool for efficient and effective management and control ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 280 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. APPRAISAL OF CREDIT CONTROL METHODS IN COMMERCIAL BANKS (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC,)» ABSTRACT The objective of this project work is to provide an insight on the method of credit control in commercial banks. The findings are based on th...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 156 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. ASSESSMENT OF ALMAJIRI SYSTEM OF EDUCATION; IT’S IMPLICATION FOR CHILD, FAMILY AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN ZARIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STA...» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to findout the implications of Almajiri system of education in Zaria local government of Kaduna state four research...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. THE IMPACT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS IMPLEMENTATION ON THE COMPARABILITY OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS (A CASE STUDY OF CHAMPIONS BREWE...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the Study In recent times, a number of Nigerian companies have raised capital from international capital mar...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 276 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Following the uncertainties prevailing in the Ghanaian business environment today, managers and stakeholders must be poised and...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 144 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING