Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Warehouse is where goods and commodities are kept for further clearance. Narrowing it to Nigeria Ports Authority, there are many warehouse where imported consignment and goods are stored. This is cleared by carrying the billing papers from post to post, waiting and wasting much time in seeing who is in charge. Goods that takes about two weeks to berth into the country takes another two weeks to get cleared. This makes the importers and the clearing agents to run from port to port, in search of where the goods were kept.
The introduction of computer in warehousing will enable importers know which and where their goods are kept, as it will always be stipulates on the bill of laden papers. Computer is hereby seen as a way of handling, by systematically organizing them, recording or making notations on them, following up with the appropriate action or the like.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLE
The processing of billing papers for clearance of goods, with manual method has led to omission of many records that ought to be included. This is caused by inaccuracy of the manual billing process.
Due to the inefficiency in manual billing process, billing papers are carried from post to post, waiting for who is in charge, thereby delaying the goods that suppose to be delivered.
More so, goods are not delivered on time, due to the fact, that goods that takes about two weeks to get into the country, still takes another two weeks to be cleared.
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of this is study is to
1. Identify those problems caused by using manual billing clearance
2. Finding out the effect of this in Nigeria Ports Authority
3. Create computer awareness
4. Identify prospects for solution of problems.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research, base on the problem and prospect of using computer in Nigeria Ports Authority, will help to develop interest towards computer.
The findings of this research, will also help the management to increase the income generation of Nigeria Ports Authority and smooth running of the warehouse in general.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The researcher will identify all the problems, including the financial constraints of the problems, encounter with the use of manual billing clearance in warehousing.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Due to the financial constraints of the researcher and lack of time, the researcher is concentrating the study in only Nigeria Ports Authority Lagos.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract This study examines the influence of Firm Attributes on Financial Information Quality of listed Deposit Money Bank in Nigeria. Firm Attribute...Continue Reading »
2. MANAGEMENT OF BAD DEBT IN MICROFINANCE BANKS IN NIGERIA. (6 SELECTED MICRO FINANCE BANKS IN ANAMBRA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY An attempt will be made in this introductory chapter to give a general outline of bad debts in micro fina...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Financial industries, organisation both private a d public operation in the world of uncertainty....Continue Reading »
4. IMPACT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON WORKER’S PERFORMANCE AND PROFITABILITY (CASE STUDY STERLING BANK)» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.0 Background of the study Human Resources have played a significant role in the economic development in most developed coun...Continue Reading »
5. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST THE PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN INTRODUCTORY TECHNOLOGY IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL LEVEL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SECOND...» ABSTRACT It is disheartening to say that until recently, Introductory Technology Education was not paid attention to by the introducers and the acquir...Continue Reading »
6. AN EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS OF THE VALUE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN RAILWAY, ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Accounting project or information system has become an important component of successful business...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF DELEGATION IN THE ATTAINMENT OF ORGANIZATION GOALS A CASE STUDY OF I.C. GLOBAL BANK LIMITED OZORO DELTA STATE» Chapter one Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Management is getting work done through the effort of other people, this entails the process of d...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF VALUE ADDED TAX (VAT) ON CONSUMER’S STANDARD OF LIVING (A STUDY OF VAT OFFICE, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 INTRODUCTION Tax, the whole world over is a major source of revenue to the government. The major reason why gover...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF FAMILY PLANNING CAMPAIGN ON IBAGWA COUPLES IN IGBO EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE.» ABSTRACT. The study examined the impact of family planning campaign on Ibagwa couples. The study highlighted the factors militating against appreciabl...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research was aimed at finding out the adequacy and effectiveness of financial control in the public sector in Nigeria. The population fo...Continue Reading »