Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Cultural tourism is one of the largest and fastest growing global tourism markets. Culture and creative industries are increasingly being used to promote destinations and enhance the competitiveness and attractiveness. Many locations are now actively developing their tangible and intangible cultural assets as a means of developing comparative advantages in an increasingly competitive market place, and to create local distinctiveness in the face of globalisation.
The impact of tourism industry on cultural upliftment examines the growing relationship between tourism and culture, and the way in which they have together become major drivers of destination attractiveness and competitiveness. Based on the case study. Olumo rock in Abeokuta, that illustrate the different facets of the relationship between the culture, tourism and regional attractiveness, and the policy interventions which can enhance the relationship, this research work shows how a strong link between tourism industry and cultural upliftment can be forestered to assist places become more attractive to tourists, as well as increasingly their competitiveness as locations to live work and invest in.
This project is essential reading for academic national and local policy makers and practitioners and all those in the tourism sector who wish to understand the tourism industry as an in-road to cultural upliftment.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE SUDY
It is erroneously believed that our cultural heritage is gradually being pushed aside by technological advancements. Therefore, this research work is interested in finding answers to how the tourism industry can enhance the cultural upliftment within the relationship between tourism industry and cultural upliftment.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1. To investigate the cultural practices in Abeokuta, Ogun state?
2. To investigate the tourism activities carried out in Olumo rock, Abeokuta, Ogun state?
3. To assess the impact of tourism activities around Olumo rock to the cultural upliftment in Abeokuta, Ogun state
1.4 Research Questions
1. Are there cultural practices in Abeokuta, Ogun state ?
2. What are the tourism activities carried out in Olumo rock, Abeokuta, Ogun state ?
3. Are there any upliftment caused by the tourism activities around Olumo rock in the culture of Abeokuta, Ogun state
1.5 Significance of the Study
As discussed earlier, tourism has unlimited potential in improving the economics and culture of the nations. However, if poorly planned and managed could cause a negative impact to the tangible natural heritage resources such rocks, mountains, marine life, mangrove trees. The findings of the study therefore, could help decision makers in the sector to make informed decisions on the management of tourism tangible heritage resources.
Also, the study has the potential of raising awareness among the public and decision makers on the impact of tourism on tangible heritage resources.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work is limited to Olumo rock which is a major tourist destination in Abeokuta Ogun State.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In the course of this research work, the researcher encountered problems such as financial and time constraints, lack of right and informative materials and journals.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Tourism: Is the travel for recreational, leisure or business purposes.
Industry: The production of goods from raw materials especially in factories.
Tourism Industry: This is the business of providing things for people to do, places for them to stay etc. while they are on holiday.
Tourists: Someone who is traveling or visiting a place for people to do
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION OF JACANRANDA POTTERY FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF TOURISM IN CHIKUN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE.» ABSTRACT This research work is focused on the development and promotion of JacarandaPottery for sustainabletourism in ChikunLocal Government of Kaduna...Continue Reading »
2. ASSESSMENT OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN IKOT ABASI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA (A CASE STUDY OF EDEMAYA CLAN, IKOT ABASI)» ABSTRACT Rural development is aimed at improving and expanding physical facilities towards enhancing the quality of life and standard of living of the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research examined the consequences of incompatible land uses on the environment of Uyo Urban. The study adopted a survey approach. It wa...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The purpose of this study was to examine the relevance of self help projects in rural development in Nigeria, with a focus on some communitie...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Shelter is one of the basic necessities of life and offers protection against inclement weather to the occupants. One of the problems in the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Solid waste management has become a global problem especially in developing countries of the worl...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study The generation and disposal of waste is an intrinsic part of any developing or industrial society. Wa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Rural areas are a key sector in every nation’s economy and their rapid development and modernization hav...Continue Reading »
9. ASSESSING THE SPATIAL DISTRIBUTION AND LOCATIONAL IMPACT OF PETROL SERVICE STATIONS ON UVWIE LGA, DELTA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study The technological initiative of man towards the development of automobile and the discovery of petrol...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSEMENT OF LANDSCAPE PLANNING IN NIGERIA URBAN CENTERS, A CASES STUDY OF OSOGBO CITY IN OSUN STATE. NIGERIA» ABSTRACT A field survey was carried out at eight (8) locations (Powerline, Sabo, Oja oba, Oke ayepe, Oke baale, Dagbolu, Aiyetoro and Isale osun) sele...Continue Reading »