Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Cultural tourism is one of the largest and fastest growing global tourism markets. Culture and creative industries are increasingly being used to promote destinations and enhance the competitiveness and attractiveness. Many locations are now actively developing their tangible and intangible cultural assets as a means of developing comparative advantages in an increasingly competitive market place, and to create local distinctiveness in the face of globalisation.
The impact of tourism industry on cultural upliftment examines the growing relationship between tourism and culture, and the way in which they have together become major drivers of destination attractiveness and competitiveness. Based on the case study. Olumo rock in Abeokuta, that illustrate the different facets of the relationship between the culture, tourism and regional attractiveness, and the policy interventions which can enhance the relationship, this research work shows how a strong link between tourism industry and cultural upliftment can be forestered to assist places become more attractive to tourists, as well as increasingly their competitiveness as locations to live work and invest in.
This project is essential reading for academic national and local policy makers and practitioners and all those in the tourism sector who wish to understand the tourism industry as an in-road to cultural upliftment.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE SUDY
It is erroneously believed that our cultural heritage is gradually being pushed aside by technological advancements. Therefore, this research work is interested in finding answers to how the tourism industry can enhance the cultural upliftment within the relationship between tourism industry and cultural upliftment.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1. To investigate the cultural practices in Abeokuta, Ogun state?
2. To investigate the tourism activities carried out in Olumo rock, Abeokuta, Ogun state?
3. To assess the impact of tourism activities around Olumo rock to the cultural upliftment in Abeokuta, Ogun state
1.4 Research Questions
1. Are there cultural practices in Abeokuta, Ogun state ?
2. What are the tourism activities carried out in Olumo rock, Abeokuta, Ogun state ?
3. Are there any upliftment caused by the tourism activities around Olumo rock in the culture of Abeokuta, Ogun state
1.5 Significance of the Study
As discussed earlier, tourism has unlimited potential in improving the economics and culture of the nations. However, if poorly planned and managed could cause a negative impact to the tangible natural heritage resources such rocks, mountains, marine life, mangrove trees. The findings of the study therefore, could help decision makers in the sector to make informed decisions on the management of tourism tangible heritage resources.
Also, the study has the potential of raising awareness among the public and decision makers on the impact of tourism on tangible heritage resources.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work is limited to Olumo rock which is a major tourist destination in Abeokuta Ogun State.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In the course of this research work, the researcher encountered problems such as financial and time constraints, lack of right and informative materials and journals.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Tourism: Is the travel for recreational, leisure or business purposes.
Industry: The production of goods from raw materials especially in factories.
Tourism Industry: This is the business of providing things for people to do, places for them to stay etc. while they are on holiday.
Tourists: Someone who is traveling or visiting a place for people to do
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS AND FOOD SECURITY IN ESSIEN UDIM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Open air market serves as an institution for the exchange of goods and services, a place for actu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of Study Recent economic and political changes have fostered migration to urban centers the world over, the ur...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the differentials that exist in rents between town center and peri urban in bukuru. It took into consideration variab...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research examined the consequences of incompatible land uses on the environment of Uyo Urban. The study adopted a survey approach. It wa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Flood is the overflow of water into an environment that is normally dry thereby causing inundatio...Continue Reading »
6. EVALUATION OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF IDHEZE COMMUNITY IN ISOKO-SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT Generally, development has always being to the favour of the urban Areas, thus creating disparities between the Urban and Rural Area, which i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Solid waste management has become a global problem especially in developing countries of the worl...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of Contents vi List of Tables ix List of figures...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Housing shortage is one of the most serious developmental challenges presently confronting Nigeri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study We live in a world shaped by human migration. Everyday people make decisions to leave their hometown,...Continue Reading »