Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 86 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Housing has been a major problem in Urban areas in the developing countries,
particularly the low income group. One of the strategies adopted to solving this
problem is sites and services
Sites and Services is an approach aimed at providing plots of land in a convenient
location with essential services which would afford people the opportunity to
construct their own houses in an organized fashion
There are various approaches on the implementation of sites and services
scheme that has been adopted in different parts of the world including the World
Bank Assisted Project in Nigeria. Previous studies looked at the Affordability
Replicability and cost recovery aspect of the scheme.
This study focused on some identified parameters/factors that influence the
successful implementation and its performance vis-à-vis the goals and objectives
of the scheme.
After a careful study, it is discovered that the administrative and financial aspect of
the implementation should be strengthened. There should also be partnership
approach i.e. Public/Private participation to make the scheme more meaningful in
1.0 Sheller has been recognized as one of the most basic human needs and
has no doubt a profound impact on health, welfare and productivity of the
individual. The problem of housing has been a major one amongst urban
dwellers. The lack or shortage of it inadvertently create urban slum and
over crowdedness. It is in order to ameliorate the scenario that the idea of
sites and services was conceived as one of the strategies for solving the
Housing problem in urban areas.
Sites and services is the provision of vacant land in a convenient location
and with essential services which would afford people the opportunity to
construct their own houses in a more organised fashion (Marrison and Lea
The National site and services programme was adopted by the Federal
Government in 1977; as a viable alternative for direct housing construction.
Through it, increased supply of serviced plots at affordable cost are
provided. The aim of the programme was to create easy access to
developable land which had for long hindered home ownership. It offers
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION OF JACANRANDA POTTERY FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF TOURISM IN CHIKUN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE.» ABSTRACT This research work is focused on the development and promotion of JacarandaPottery for sustainabletourism in ChikunLocal Government of Kaduna...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECT OF POPULATION GROWTH ON LAND RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT: A CASE STUDY IN ABA URBAN OF ABIA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The common problem facing most state in Nigeria today is how to improve the standard of living of the vast majority of their ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of Contents vi List of Tables ix List of figures...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Transportation encompasses the movement of people, goods and services from one point of origin to...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study We live in a world shaped by human migration. Everyday people make decisions to leave their hometown,...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Gombe being a new state capital, is faced with new and increasing physical planning and developmental programmes. There are problems of Plann...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Solid waste management has become a global problem especially in developing countries of the worl...Continue Reading »
8. ASSESSMENT OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN IKOT ABASI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA (A CASE STUDY OF EDEMAYA CLAN, IKOT ABASI)» ABSTRACT Rural development is aimed at improving and expanding physical facilities towards enhancing the quality of life and standard of living of the...Continue Reading »
9. ASSESSING THE SPATIAL DISTRIBUTION AND LOCATIONAL IMPACT OF PETROL SERVICE STATIONS ON UVWIE LGA, DELTA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study The technological initiative of man towards the development of automobile and the discovery of petrol...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Shortage of adequate housing virtually abounds in every country, particularly in the developing and...Continue Reading »