Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
A global study and research on Pentecostal pentecostal churches is an on-going assignment because of its impact on the religious, political and socio-economic life of the people. A survey of the available number of Pentecostal pentecostal churches in Nigeria as shown that they are emerging daily in the nooks and crannies of the country. The emergence of Pentecostal pentecostal churches is daily challenging the existing Mainline and Aladura Pentecostal churches in national development. It has therefore become a fundamental concern for scholars of Pentecostal church History, History and Sociology in Nigerian Universities to devote much time to study such pentecostal churches. Essien (1998) opines that "this situation calls for continuous research of their forms, the socio-religious and economic conditions that necessitate their emergence and their relevance to the social life of their adherents and to the society at large". This has necessitated the need for this study on the influence of Pentecostal pentecostal churches on the development of education in Nigeria. In Nigeria, some of the established Pentecostal Pentecostal churches are Pentecostal church of God's Mission, founded by the late Arch-Bishop Benson A.Idahosa in Benin City, Edo state, Household of God's Pentecostal church, being led by Rev. Chris Okotie in Oregun, Lagos, the Redeemed Christian Pentecostal church of God founded by the late Pastor Josiah Akindayomi and presently under the leadership of Pastor Enock Adejare Adeboye with International headquarters at Mowe, Ogun state. The Deeper Life Christian Pentecostal church founded by Pastor Williams Folorunso Kumuyi and based in Lagos.Rev.Gabriel Oduyemi's Bethel Ministry at Wonder City, Lekki Peninsular, Lagos, Pastor Patrick Anwuzia's Zoe Ministries, and Pastor Tunde Bakare's Latter Rain Assembly in Lagos, Rev.Tunde Joda's Christ Chapel International, Lagos and Bishop Wale Oke's Sword of the Spirit Pentecostal church based in Ibadan. Others are the Victory Life Pentecostal church International established by Pastor Mike Bamidele at Ilesa, Osun state, New Testament Pentecostal church based in Ilorin and established by Pastor M.R.Popoola, Mountain of Fire and Miracles, founded by Pastor Daniel Kolawole Olukoya with its headquarters in Lagos, the Synagogue of All Nations, established by Prophet Temitope Balogun Joshua in Lagos, Rhema Chapel, Ilorin established by Rev.George Adegboye, the Word Assembly being led by Rev Isaac Omolehin and of course the Living Faith Pentecostal church (a.k.a Winners Chapel) founded by Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. Many Nigerian scholars have researched on Pentecostal pentecostal churches in the country. For instance, Deji Ayegboyin, Matthews Ojo, Michael Ogunewu, Richard Burgess, Hannah Ishola, and of course Rotimi Omotoye. Generally, Pentecostal pentecostal churches are "Christians seeking deeper experience of God beyond regular pentecostal church attendance. They rely on the new birth and the power of the Holy spirit" (Ojo, 2004). In other words the pentecostal churches are seen emphasizing the importance of the Holy spirit in daily worship. This research is focused on the Living Faith Pentecostal church a.k.a Winner Chapel and its contributions to education development in Nigeria.
Pastor David Oyedepo in Ilorin started Living Faith Pentecostal church with about 48 members in 1980 and within nine months of its existence, membership rose to about 128. He eventually established the Living Faith Outreach Centre in May, 1981.Pastor Oyedepo then relocated to Kaduna. It was from Kaduna that he went to Lagos in September 1989 before he moved to Ota, Ogun state which is now regarded as Cananland and International headquarters of the pentecostal church. The pentecostal church has over three hundred branches in Nigeria alone (Opoola, 2010). The pentecostal church building at Ota is assumed to be the biggest auditorium in Nigeria seating fifty thousand and four hundred congregation as at September 2000. Living Faith Pentecostal church has however contributed to education development in Nigeria in several ways (Omotoye, 2006).
Western education was introduced to Nigeria by the Christian missionaries in the 19th century. It was a strategy adopted by the early missionaries to get converts into Christianity. The Living Faith Pentecostal church went into the establishment of schools early, unlike some other Pentecostal churches that ventured into education. The Living Faith Pentecostal church has to its credit a conglomerate of Nursery, Primary, Secondary and Universities. The nursery and primary schools are under the name Kingdom Heritage while the Secondary section is named Faith Academy. These schools are found in all the nooks and crannies of Nigeria. The first University of the Pentecostal church was named Covenant University and was established in Ota in 2002.The second University was named Landmark and was established in Omu-Aran, the native town of Pastor David Oyedepo in 2010. The Universities as also complemented the efforts of Federal and State Governments in providing admission to many applicants who are seeking admission to the Universities in Nigeria. We also believe that that the missionary orientation of the schools would minimize cultism and moral decadence in the Nigerian Universities. Apart from providing jobs for teaming Nigerian populace, scholarships are usually provided by Pastor Oyedepo for indigent students, most especially in the Covenant and Landmark universities. He was once quoted saying that "All school age children, not in school, due to inability of parents, will be fully taken care of by the Pentecostal church".
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The Pentecostal Pentecostal churches was introduced at a time when Nigerians were experiencing economic depression, poverty, un-employment, corruption and sicknesses. The education sector is in the poorest state. These are socio-economic problems being witnessed in Nigeria because of bad leadership in the country. The Living Faith Pentecostal church has been able to provide schools that offer quality education services from Nursery to tertiary level nationwide. The cost of education in Nigeria is very high. Odumuyiwa (2006) observed in his study that the tuition fees being paid in the Christian Universities are too exorbitant and beyond the reach of the common man in the society. He opines "A situation in which pentecostal churches establish private universities, charge exorbitant fees should be replaced with technical colleges that can be maintained within the resources of the pentecostal church. However, this study is examining the influence of Pentecostal pentecostal churches on the development of Education.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The following are the objectives of this study:
- To examine the influence of Pentecostal pentecostal churches on the development of Education
- To examine the educational activities of Pentecostal pentecostal churches in Nigeria.
- To identify the factors that can contribute to rapid development in education in Nigeria.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- What is the influence of Pentecostal pentecostal churches on the development of Education?
- What are the educational activities of Pentecostal pentecostal churches in Nigeria?
- What are the factors that can contribute to rapid development in education in Nigeria?
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The following are the significance of this study:
- The outcome of this study will educate the general public on the influence of Pentecostal pentecostal churches on education development in Nigeria.
- It will be a useful guide for the management and the authorities of Living Faith Pentecostal church Worldwide and their academic institutions on how to improve on their services in a bid to contribute to educational development in the nation.
- This research will also serve as a resource base to other scholars and researchers interested in carrying out further research in this field subsequently, if applied will go to an extent to provide new explanation to the topic.
1.7 SCOPE/LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This study on the influence of Pentecostal pentecostal churches on the development of education in Nigeria will cover all the educational activities and contributions of Living Faith Pentecostal church A.K.A Winners Chapel.
LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
E. Ade Odumuyiwa, "Christianity, Governance and Development: A Case Study of Nigeria in the 21st Century" in R.A. Raji (eds) et al Religion, Governance and Development in the 21st century, A publication of the National Association for the study of Religions, Ilorin Decency, 2006 p. 211
Rotimi Omotoye, "Christianity and Educational Development, A Case Study of Christian Missionary Universities in Nigeria in the 21st Century, R.A. Raji (eds) et al in Religion, Governance and Development in the 21st Century. A Publication of the Nigerian Association for the Study of Religions, Ilorin, 2006. p.141
S.O. Abogunrin, "Jesus' Pronouncement on Wealth in the Context of Health and Wealth Gospel in Nigeria" in S.O. Abogunrin (eds) et al, Biblical Studies and Corruption in Africa, Ibadan: Aloge Nig. Enterprises, p. 239.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN INVESTIGATIVE STUDY ON THE VIEWS OF BIOLOGY STUDENTS ON THE PROBLEMS OF LABORATORY AND MANAGEMENT AND SAFETY IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACT This study aimed at investigation of the roles of the laboratory in students’ academic achievement in biology in secondary schools in E...Continue Reading »
2. THE UTILIZATION OF EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGIES IN THE TEACHING AND LEARNING IN THE NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, KADUNA STUDY CENTRE, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study Improving the quality of education through diversification of contents, methods and promoting experim...Continue Reading »
3. PERCEPTION OF PARENTS ON OVER-SCHOOLING OF CHILDREN AT THE PRE-PRIMARY EDUCATION IN KARU EDUCATIONAL ZONE OF ABUJA» ABSTRACT Over schooling at the pre primary school is a serious violation of the provisions of National Policy on Education. It is seen as over burdeni...Continue Reading »
4. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE EFFECT OF POOR PARENTING ON THE CHILDREN AND THEIR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF THEIR CHILDREN: A CASE STUDY IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERN...» ABSTRACT The main focus of this research work is on the effect of poor parenting on children and their education in Egor Local Government Area of Edo ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A lot of students today do not realize the usefulness and importance of geography as a subject in...Continue Reading »
6. IMPACT OF TEACHING PRACTICES ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF QUALITY TEACHERS AND SOUND STUDENTS A CASE STUDY OF POLICE CHILDREN SCHOOL, WULARI» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The need for competent and well trained teachers, astute in both content knowledge and general pe...Continue Reading »
7. FACTORS AFFECTING THE LEARNING OF SOCIAL STUDIES AMONG STUDENTS: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STAT...» ABSTRACT This research is concerned with the factors affecting the learning of social studies in some selected secondary school in Oredo Local Governm...Continue Reading »
8. NEWSPAPER READERSHIP AMONG SCIENCE AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION LECTURERS (A CASE OF SELECTED NBTE SCHOOL IN KADUNA).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Reading newspapers is one of the best ways to keep up with important news in your town, across th...Continue Reading »
9. INFLUENCE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON LEARNING OF BIOLOGY IN EZZA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study sought to determine the influence of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities on learning of biology in Ezza Sout...Continue Reading »
10. INFLUENCE OF TELEVISED VIOLENCE ON SOCIOEMOTIONAL AND ACADEMIC ADJUSTMENT OF STUDENTS IN FEDERAL TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN ANAMBRA STATE» ABSTRACT The major focus of this study is to assess the influence of television violence on socio emotional and adjustment of student of federal terti...Continue Reading »