Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 80 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The Quantity surveyor who plays a key role in building and engineering project, managing the cost from inception to the completion as cost controller has been reduced to a cost monitor. The aim of the study was to develop a policy guideline for the marketing of Quantity surveying services using the 7ps of marketing. The objectives were to investigate available strategies for marketing professional services, and examine the effectiveness of these strategies for Quantity surveying services then developed a framework of strategies for marketing quantity surveying services to prospective clients. A cross sectional, exploratory design was used to carry out the study. Structured questionnaire was used to collect relevant data from registered Quantity surveyors. The findings of the study showed that the available marketing strategies for marketing professional services among others from the 7p’s (product, price, people, promotion, place, process and physical evidence) marketing mix, are quality of services, perceived usefulness, packaging, technology used, cost effectiveness, skimming, internet facilities, location of offices, multichannel, membership of association, current contract with certain client, brochures, news watch, management, organization culture, infrastructure, and service delivery. From these array of strategies, it was found that the effective strategies for Quantity surveying services in order of ranking ,among others are : Perceived Usefulness, Quality of services, Facilities, services delivery, Technology used, Membership of association, Organization, Management, Proposals , Orientation, Cost effectiveness, Current contract with certain client, Infrastructure, Organization culture, Packaging, Design of service, Internet facilities, Conferences/seminars, convenience of use .The framework was developed for the effective marketing of Quantity surveying services in Nigeria and could be a platform for the development of curriculum for marketing as a course for the training of prospective Quantity surveyors.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Quantity Surveying is a unique profession and indispensable part of the development process in the
construction industry. The construction industry is invariably a significant part of the process of
growing a developing economy. The process of economic development can be enhanced and
accelerated by Quantity Surveying (Cartlidge, 2009).
The Quantity Surveyor plays a key role in building and engineering projects, managing the cost from
the early design
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR QUANTITY SURVEYING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN INVESTIGATION INTO RISK MANAGEMENT PRACTICES AMONGST QUANTITY SURVEYORS IN THE NIGERIAN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Quantity surveying is concerned with controlling and managing construction projects. The Nigerian...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 355 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Project governance is the management framework within which project decisions are made. Project g...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 357 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY When asked to define "design error," not all disciplines in the construction process agree on a c...Continue Reading »
110 pages | 376 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
4. IMPACT OF COMPETITIVE BIDDING STRATEGY ON THE COST OF PUBLIC CONSTRUCTION WORKS IN AKWA IBOMSTATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Tables Title Page Cover Page = = = = = = = = = i Title Page = = = = = = = = = ii Declaration = = = = = = = = = iii Certification = =...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 128 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The construction industry is an importan t part of the economical backbone in many countries (Nga...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 381 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study The construction industry plays an important role in a nation’s economy and its activities are ...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 211 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
7. ASSESSING THE CAPABILITIES OF CONTRACTORS IN MONITORING AND CONTROLLING CONSTRUCTION CASH FLOW IN NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The construction sector experiences the highest number of bankruptcies compared to any sector of the economy, with many companies failing bec...Continue Reading »
111 pages | 12 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
8. IMPACT OF INCENTIVE SCHEMES ON PRODUCTIVITY OF CONSTRUCTION WORKERS IN CROSS RIVER STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Construction performance and productivity improvement are the focus areas in construction industr...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 170 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
» ABSTRACT Lack of in depth knowledge of whole life costing implication in building design cost management has over the years fueled the increasing bias...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 158 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING
10. IMPACT OF CONSTRUCTION SKILLED LABOUR SHORTAGES ON THE COMPETITIVENESS OF BUILDING SECTOR IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Skilled workforce is critical to the socio economic development of a country and forms the backbone of the construction industry. This study ...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 383 hits | Source: QUANTITY SURVEYING