Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 116 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Diabetic nephropathy accounts for a significant reduction in life expectancy of diabetic
patients. Diabetic patients with microalbuminuria have increased risk of progression to
overt proteinuria and later progress to renal failure which is usually irreversible and
eventually leads to death. The prevalence and risk factors of microalbuminuria are not
fully described among black African diabetic patients.
The objective of the present study was to determine the prevalence of micro-albuminuria
and associated factors among diabetic patients in ABUTH, Shika, Zaria.
This was a cross-sectional study of diabetic patients attending ABUTH, Zaria.
Concentrations of Fasting blood glucose (FBG), serum creatinine (SCr), Urinary
creatinine (UCr), and glycated haemoglobin (GHbA1c) were measured in 170 diabetic
patients and 100 apparently healthy individuals. Microalbuminuria was measured using
immunoturbidimetric method and was defined as Albumin-creatinine ratio ACR between
3–30 mg/mmol. Duration of diagnosis (DOD), Body mass index (BMI), systolic blood
pressure (SBP) and diastolic blood pressure (DBP) were also measured, where
applicable, in both patients and controls.
The prevalence of microalbuminuria among the diabetic patients in this study was 23%.
Mean values in patients versus controls of BMI (26.8±0.43 vs 23.4±0.43kg/m2, p<0.001),
DBP (80±0.56 vs 72±0.69mmHg, p<0.001), FBG (6.3±0.22 vs 3.5±0.07mmol/L,
p<0.001), UAlb (20.2±2.17 vs 8.0±0.31mg/L, p<0.001), GHbA1c (7.2±0.16 vs
4.9±0.07%, p<0.001) and ACR (2.7±0.29 vs 1.0±0.04 mg/mmol, p<0.001) were observed
to be higher with statistically significant differences in patients than controls (p<0.05).
Similar higher and statistically significant values were also observed in mean values of
- 9 -
FBG, GHbA1c, UCr, UAlb and ACR in microalbuminuric patients than
normoalbuminuric patients (p<0.05).
Sixty one (35.9%) had good glycaemic control with 11.5% having abnormal ACR, 42
(24.7%) at borderline had 14.3% with abnormal ACR and 67(39.4%) those w
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PARENTAL INFLUENCE ON ADOLESCENTS’ DIETARY PATTERNS IN ALIMOSHO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The eating habits of adolescents are of concern for public health, as there is a direct association between inadequate diet during this phase...Continue Reading »
2. ASSESSMENT OF UTILIZATION OF POSTPARTUM CARE SERVICES AMONG WOMEN IN WEBUYE WEST, BUNGOMA COUNTY, KENYA. CLAIRE LUSENO OTUNGA» ABSTRACT Postpartum care is an important link in the continuum of care for maternal health. The postpartum period is critical because most maternal de...Continue Reading »
3. KNOWLEDGE AND PREVALENCE OF HUMAN AFRICAN TRYPANOSOMIASIS AMONG RESIDENTS OF KACHIA GRAZING RESERVE, KADUNA STATE 2012.» SUMMARY Human African Trypanosomiasis (HAT) is a vector borne parasitic disease transmitted to humans by bites of infected tse tse flies. It is one of...Continue Reading »
4. FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH HEALTH CARE-SEEKING BEHAVIOUR REGARDING PRE-ECLAMPSIA AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN ATTENDING ANTENATAL CENTRES IN SAGAMU, OGUN STATE, ...» ABSTRACT Women die from a wide range of complications in pregnancy, childbirth or after delivery, and amidst these complications is pre eclampsia, whi...Continue Reading »
» SUMMARY Water is an important ingredient for life and it is an effective vehicle for the transmission of diseases when contaminated. Therefore every r...Continue Reading »
6. COST EFFECTIVENESS ANALYSIS OF MICROSCOPIC OBSERVATION DRUG SUSCEPTIBILITY ASSAY VERSUS GENEXPERT MTB/ RIF IN THE DIAGNOSIS OF PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS ...» SUMMARY Patients with HIV experience high mortality and severe morbidity if co infected with tuberculosis. This is especially true in countries of sub...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study According to Wikler (1961:78), drug addiction, “is the overwhelming involvement with use of...Continue Reading »
8. ACHIEVING THE MDG 4: AN ASSESSMENT OF THE QUALITY OF CHILD HEALTH SERVICES IN THE PUBLIC PRIMARY HEALTH CARE FACILITIES IN NNEWI NORTH LGA OF ANAMBRA ...» ABSTRACT Background. Children as a vulnerable group bear an undue share of the global burden of disease. Attention to the provision of quality child h...Continue Reading »
9. A STUDY ON BIRTH PREPAREDNESS AND COMPLICATION READINESS AMONG WOMEN OF REPRODUCTIVE AGE IN ENUGU METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Maternal mortality is a substantial burden in developing countries. World Health Organization (WHO) estimated ...Continue Reading »
» Summary Preventive vaccination against rabies virus is a highly effective means for rabies prevention but some animals do not reach the minimal preven...Continue Reading »