Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 93 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-6 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
AIDS is the acronym for Acquired Immune Deficiency syndrome, which is a disorder cause by the Human Immune Deficiency Virus (HIV). It was discovered by a French Researcher; Professor Luc Montagnier in 1981. The first cases were reported in America in 1981 in five homosexuals who were undergoing treatment for a rare disease of the lungs called pneumocystic Carinii pneumonia. The modes of infection are through sexual intercourse (most common), transfusion of infected blood and blood products, use of infected unsterilised piercing objects and from infected mother to foetus. AIDS has aroused much interest probably because of its sexual connections and more so because of its association with homosexuals in America and Europe. Since its discovery it has become a global problem and the United Nations (UN) and the International Community is worried over it. Describing AIDS, Dr. Ward Cater of the United States (US) Centre for Disease Control (CDC) said that this disease has a potential “….. much worse than anything mankind has seen before”.1
Africa is widely considered the epicenter of the AIDS epidemic and the impact of the disease there has been devastating. More than 25 million people in the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) are infected with HIV out of the total 34.3 million people infected worldwide, giving SSA approximately three-quarters of the world’s HIV/AIDS case. The disease is literally reshaping the demographics of Africa. According to the UN, approximately 10% of children in SSA are parentless as a result of AIDS. The disease has claimed more human lives than plague or nuclear weapons took in their history.2 Since 1986 when the first case of HIV/AIDS was reported in Nigeria, this deadly scourge has spread rapidly to reach pandemic proportions. In Nigeria, the first official report of the HIV/AIDS, the prevalence of infection has shown a steady increase in all
groups that have been monitored. Today, it is estimated that about 5 million Nigerians are infected with the virus.3 The disease has resulted in gradual reduction in life expectancy, decimation of skilled and productive work force and high medical bill. The new International labour Organization
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF SAFE MOTHERHOOD PRACTICES AMONG WOMEN RECEIVING ANTE NATAL CARE IN NKPOR URBAN, ANAMBRA STATE NIGERIA.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY: Making motherhood safe is a topical global issue of public health challenge especially in develo...Continue Reading »
2. INFLUENCE OF PARENTING STYLES ON ADOLESCENTS’ SELF-ESTEEM IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ABEOKUTA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE, NI...» ABSTRACT The concept of self esteem is an area of psychology that has gained considerable attention, but for many years has also caused much confusion...Continue Reading »
» SUMMARY Water is an important ingredient for life and it is an effective vehicle for the transmission of diseases when contaminated. Therefore every r...Continue Reading »
4. DETERMINANTS OF ROUTINE IMMUNIZATION COVERAGE AMONG 12-23 MONTHS OLD CHILDREN OF NOMADIC POPULATION IN AKWANGA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, NASARAWA STATE, ...» SUMMARY Routine Immunization coverage is generally low in several parts of Nigeria especially the northern region. It is even lower among people who l...Continue Reading »
5. DISCLOSURE OF HIV STATUS BY HIV POSITIVE PATIENTS ATTENDING ADULT ART CLINIC AT GOMBE STATE SPECIALIST HOSPITAL, GOMBE.» ABSTRACT Disclosure of HIV status especially to sexual partners is an important prevention goal. Many international organizations including UNAIDS, WH...Continue Reading »
6. DETERMINANTS OF ADHERENCE TO ANTI-RETROVIRAL THERAPY AMONG ADULTS WITH HIV/AIDS IN DALHATU ARAF SPECIALIST HOSPITAL LAFIA, NASSARAWA STATE» SUMMARY HIV/AIDS is a disease of public health importance with about 35 million people worldwide living with the disease and Sub Saharan Africa accoun...Continue Reading »
7. ANALYSIS THE ALPHA-PROTEIN LEVEL IN HEPATITIS PATIENT AS AN AID IN ACCESSING THE DEGREE IN WHICH IT GENERATES TO HCC» CHAPTER ONE 1. INTRODUCTION Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is the most common primary liver cancer. It accounts for 60% of all cancer world wide (Meli...Continue Reading »
8. ACCEPTANCE OF WOMEN OF CHILD BEARING AGE TO FAMILY PLANNING IN NARAYI COMMUNITY OF KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» Background of the Study Family planning is one of the most important interventions in reproductive healthcare as it contributes to the improvement of ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Diabetic nephropathy accounts for a significant reduction in life expectancy of diabetic patients. Diabetic patients with microalbuminuria ha...Continue Reading »
10. PREDICTORS OF INFANT-SURVIVAL PRACTICES AMONG MOTHERS ATTENDING PAEDIATRIC CLINICS IN IJEBU-ODE, OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Despite concerted global efforts made towards infant survival, infant death lingers as a huge problem in developing countries. Environmental ...Continue Reading »