Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 47 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study was designed to determine the incidence of gastro-enteritis in Danwaire Street Kaduna South Local Government of Kaduna State of Nigeria aims and objective were set up in order to achieve this study along with research questions hypothesis, literature reviewed on the incidence of gastroenteritis in Danwaire Street Barnawa and how it can be controlled and prevented, the research design was survey design method and the population of the study area was fifty thousand (50,000) out of which one twenty (120) of the population was randomly selected and used to data collection using questionnaire which were validated and tested for reliability. Data were present and analysis using table and percentage, conclusion was drawn based on the finding of the research, the causes of gastroenteritis in the study area is as a result of ignorance, unhygienic and drinking of contaminated water and food and rate of typhoid is on all age group.
Also recommendations were made to the community government, health workers. Should engage the habit of purifying water before consumption so as to reduce. The spread of disease in the study area, and also to provide free drug because of the high price of the drug.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Gastro enteritis also knows as infections diarrhea, it can be defines as inflammations of the gastrointestinal tract that involves the stomach and small intestine.
Gastroenteritis is the inflammations of the stomach and intestine usually, causing upset that last for two or three days. Enteritis epidemic diarrhea as if is also termed, sumary diarrhea is an acute infection inflammations conditions of the intestine due to several organism it affect infant and children mainly under the age of two and most common during the hot months of the years when flies and dusts are present in great quality and when infections of food, particularly milk is therefore most likely to occur the unset is sudden with diarrhea vomiting, toxemic and dehydrations infant admitted with this condition present with rapid pulse. Thread and compressible, dehydration isalso indicated by sunken eyes boat
shaped. Abdomens sunken Fontanilla and inelastic skin, thirst prostratiOn coma, and relief can be obtained the immortality rate will be high (Evelyn Pearce 2010).
Gastro enteritis is an infections of stomach, and bowel large intestine) cause by bacteria’s and virus (google search 2013) Bacteria such as shigella or pathogenicescherichacoli may be implicated but sometimes no pathogens are founds occasionally viruses have been isolated from specimen of faces it is common among children of age but infants are especially at risk due dehydration and electrolyte imbalanceevely peace).
Gastro enteritis is an acute inflammation of the stomach and intestine microorganism such as salmonella bacillus, staphylococcus parasite. Ground worm (chemical irritant e.g excessive alcohol) rarely the condition may be
Attributed to allergies reaction to a certain food in drug this signs and symptoms include diarrhea and vomiting abdominal scrimp, abdominal tenderness and pain, fever and tencosytosi (Watson 2002).
the inflammation of the stomach and intestine usually cause sudden upset that last for two to three days dysentery typhoid fever, cholera, food poison and travelers’ diarrhea are act forms of gastro-enteritis the unless may be caused by any of a variety of bacteria, bacteria toxins, viruses and others organisms in food and water, appetite loss, nauseas vomiting cramps and diarrhea are the usually sing and symptoms unset severity depend on the cause symptoms may be mild or so severe that dehydration, shock and collapse occur mild cases usually require rest and rehydration therapy only, for severe cases treatment in hospital may be necessary with fluids given by intravenous infusion. Antibiotic drugs may be given for some bacterial infection but others need no specific treatment (medical dictionary first UK edition).
Gastro enteritis can also be describe as one of the most fatal disease found in the tropics which is associated with dirty environment it is a very serious abdominal disease and during epidemic thousand die within a few days it is characterized by sudden onset toxemia, vomiting and frequent copious watery :
Evacuation from the bowel resulting in repaid and extreme dehydration in children fluid is offering retain and may be evacuated.
(Balitere Tinda) define gastro-enteritiS as the inflammation of the stomach and intestine due to viral or bacterial infections infatile gastro enteritis is an acute condition of diarrhea and vomiting producing severe dehydration the cause may be dietetic, infection or parenteral when the condition is second to infections or elsewhere in the body egotitis media (Baliere Tindalnl992).
From my experience as a student in training in a primary health care centre in the rural areas where mothers bring their condition with extreme cases of
gastro-enteritis the mothers usually attribute the cause to teething problem the fact is not the mode of transmission and presentation of gastro enteritis is not to many rural dwellers had stimulated me to do a research work on this topic in order to create awareness as to the cause made of transmission and prevention of the disease.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLE
Gastroenteritis is a disease that affect all age group which include children, adult and old age and also infants all sex both male and female. The federal state and local government opened time and money in ensuring well sanitized water for human consumptions and proper environment sanitation which are the measure key in controlling gastro enteritis up on that gastroenteritis exist in the study area which cause and adverse effect in all age. Therefore I will like to find out the cause of particular disease in the study area.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
To know the complication and epidemiology of the disease
To know the factors in preventing the occurrence of gastro enteritis in the study area
To identify the cause of gastro enteritis in the study area.
To know the factors preventing the occurance of gastroenteritis in the area.
Health educated the community about the causes and preventive measure.
1.4 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
Studies have been shown that serious action has been take in reducing the rate of this disease.
Therefore I wish to research of this study will help to achieve the following; The study will help the people to ‘know the causes preventing control and treatment of gastro enteritis in the study area.
Government should be recommend to fight against gastro enterits or any water born disease in the study area.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION AND HYPOTHESIS
Poverty be the basic major cause of causing gastro enteritis in the study area. Does the ignorance be the factors of causing gastroenteritis?
Yes ignorance can be the factor causing gastroenteritis
Can contaminated water be a factor of causing gastroenteritis
Yes contaminated water is one of the factors causing gastro enteritis
Does improtected food ensuring gastroenteritis
Yes unwell protected food can cause gastroenteritis
Can gastroenteritis be cured
Yes it can be cured when treated correctly
Does unwell cooked food cause gastroenteritis V Yes unwell cooked food can lead to gastroenteritis
Is there particular season for gastroenteritis
No but gastroenteritis occur mostly during the hot season.
Does behaviors of government attributed the increase of gastro enteritis in the area of the study
No if reduce the occurrence of the disease in the area
Does behavior of people in the area contribute to the occurrence of gastroenteritis
Yes behaviors of people contributed to the occurrence of gastroenteritis
Does gastroenteritis affect only infant
No if affect all age group
Can unhygienic environment contributed in occurrence of gastroenteritis
Yes unhygienic environment contributed in occurrence of the disease
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this research covers the evaluation of gastroenteritis in Danwaire Street Barnawa Kaduna south local government under the following
Causative agent/vector / pathogens
Mode of transmission
Prevention and control
Sign and symptoms
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
* Gastroenteritis: is the inflammations of gastroenteritis tract which are stomach and intestine
* Pathogen: this Is the organism that cause the disease
* Sanitation: this is an arrangement that to protect public health
* Transmission: mode of the spread of the disease
* Dysentery: an infection of the intestinal tract causing severe diarrhea with and mucus
* Diarrhea: the passing of soft watery stool greater than three times a days
* Inflammation: redness, swelling, heat and pain in a tissue due to injuring or infection
* Epidemic: the appearance of a particular disease in a very large number of people during the same period of time
* Stomach: it’s an organism in body where food is digested.
* Infection: to cause disease in (someone) by introducing organism such as bacteria and virus.
1.8 THE LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The limitation of this study cover is knowing the causes, preventing sign and symptoms incubations period as well as treatment of gastroenteritis in the research study of Danwaire Street Barnawa Kaduna South.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC HEALTH FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CHILD-SURVIVAL MESSAGE-COMMUNICATION SKILLS, ATTITUDE OF HEALTH WORKERS AND MOTHERS’ READINESS TO ADOPT SURVIVAL STRATEGIES AMONG ATTENDEES IN ADEOY...» ABSTRACT Child mortality remains a major concern of public health because high rate of child mortality persists in developing and under developed coun...Continue Reading »
2. EVALUATION OF THE IMMUNIZATION STATUS OF CHILDREN IN A RURAL SUBURB OF ANAMBRA STATE – A CASE STUDY OF ANAMBRA EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT Background Childhood immunization is a cost effective public health strategy. Expanded Programme on immunization (EPI) services have been pro...Continue Reading »
3. BACTERIAL LOAD AND ISOLATION OF SALMONELLA SPECIES FROM CATTLE CARCASSES AT KANO ABATTOIR- KANO STATE, NIGERIA» SUMMARY The muscle (meat) of a healthy animal is sterile. Contamination may be due to infection within the animal or external contamination during sla...Continue Reading »
» SUMMARY Lead is a bioaccumulative heavy metal usually found in nature combined with other elements to form lead compounds. Over 400 children were repo...Continue Reading »
» SUMMARY Malaria infection during pregnancy is a major health problem with substantial risks for the mother, fetus and the neonate. In Nigeria, malaria...Continue Reading »
6. DETERMINANTS OF ADHERENCE TO STANDARD PRECAUTIONS FOR THE PREVENTION OF BLOODBORNE INFECTIONS AMONG MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS IN LAGOS STATE, NIGE...» ABSTRACT Standard precautions are guidelines recommended by the Centre for Disease Control for reducing the risk of transmission of blood borne pathog...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) epidemic is in its third decade and has reached to alarming pr...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver characterized by the presence of inflammatory cells in ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND INFORMATION Immunization can be termed as the process of protecting a person from a specific disease. It is th...Continue Reading »
10. FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH INCOMPLETE IMMUNISATION OF CHILDREN AGED 9-23 MONTHS IN RURAL AREAS OF ODEDA LOCAL GOVERNMENT, ODEDA AREA OF OGUN STATE, NIGER...» ABSTRACT Immunization remains one of the most successful and cost effective public health interventions worldwide and it is an essential instrument to...Continue Reading »