The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
Get the complete project »
This work fries to find out the problems of personnel management in government owned establishment a case study of Enugu state board of internal revenue.
As very Nigerian literally depressed over the ineffective ad inefficient performance of most government owned establishment such a situation makes null of the good intentions of government in setting up such organization. From the work of earlier researches and seminars and talks delivered by eminent scholars it is widely believed that the reason why government owned establishment have remained insoluble hangs on management more especially personnel management. The work set out unravel these seeming mysteries, the administration of Enugu state Board of internal revenue which have caused so much groaning pains, agony and frustration to their staff and even larger society has been responsible for improper taxation in Enugu state. To ascertain these problems, these problems, a questionnaire was drawn in which the preliminary question sought to identify the person of the respondent ie her personal data. The rest of the question was on the various aspects of what could be responsible for the problem hindering the smooth and efficient running of the establishment. It was gathered that the main reason for problem of personnel management are as follows:
Lack of motivational policies for employees.
Enugu state board of internal revenue had not articulated a meaningful training programme for their workers the board of internal revenue had not being to promote their staff as and when packages of the board were not promising and are not comparable to other in similar establishments.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problem
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Scope of the study
1.5 Research Questions
1.6 Significance of the study
2.1 Theoretical Framework
2.2 Motivation in Work-Needs and Their Satisfaction
3.1 Design of study
3.2 Population of study
3.2.1. Sample Technique
3.3 Instrument for data collection
3.4 Validity of instrument
3.5 Reliability of the instrument
3.6 Method of data collection
3.7 Method of data analysis
Data presentation and analysis
Distribution and collection of questionnaire
Summary and conclusion
5.1 Discussion of results
5.4 Limitation of study
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Before its establishment, the then Anambra State Board of Internal Revenue, was established under the Anambra state of Nigeria Civil Service edict with its Headquarters at Enugu Secretariat. The Board had its four zonal offices (Enugu zone, Fegge zone, Nsukka zone and Abakaliki zone).
Enugu state Board of Internal Revenue came into being after creation of state from old Anambra state in August 27th 1991. The Board had its first Director in the person of Chief H.O. Attama with over one thousand, two hundred staff.
It was left with three zonal offices (Enugu, Nsukka and Abakaliki zones) Today Enugu State Boad of Internal Revenue exists with only two zonal offices (Enugu and Nsukka zones) after carving out Abakaliki from Enugu state in 1996.
The state Board of internal Revenue still has its head office at the state secretariate opposite Enugu state Criminal Investigation Divisional (CID) office.
Its statutory services is collecting and accounting for Taxes due to the state.
The Enugu state Board of internal Revenue today has staff Board of internal Revenue today has staff strength of Nine hundred and fifty with the following departments:
1. The policy section (chairman office)
2. Public Relations office
The Internal Audit
HOD Capital Gain Tax (other taxes)
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The problems that hindered the smooth and efficient
Running of this establishment included the following:
Enugu state Board of Internal Revenue has diversed and varied personnel management problem which includes lack of motivation policies for their employee.
Enugu state Board of Internal Revenue had not articulated a meaningful training or retaining programmes for their workers
The state Board of Internal Revenue had not been promoting their staff as and when due.
The welfare packages of the state Board of Internal Revenue were not promoting and cannot be compared to other similar establishments.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
There are numerous reasons why government set up this establishment. The establishment is in public sector with the emphasis on revenue generation. It is expected that as revenue organization that it can constitute a binder to the public and the government that formed it and this may include:
To investigate the motivational policies of the Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue. Revenue to enhance revenue generation in the state.
To examine the training programmes of the Board with a view to evolving one tail to meet the needs of the employee.
To find out why Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue are not promoting their workers as and when due.
To appraise the welfare packages of the Board and compare it with those of other establishment.
SCOPE OF STUDY
The scope of this study covers:
The activities of personnel management in government owned establishment as represented by Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue.
The activities of personnel management in government owned corporations as represented by Enugu State water Corporation
To what extent does personnel management meet what is required from it to Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue?
To what extent does Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue consider experience in engaging worker?
To what extent does the Enugu State Board in Internal Revenue sponsor Personnel management training both internal and external?
What kind of leadership style does the Board of Internal Revenue applies in their operations?
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue will get their establishment objectives which increase motivational policies for their workers.
Consequently the workers will be able to have their promotion as and when due.
Through this investigation, training and retaining of workers of Enugu state Board of Internal Revenue will increase in the development of the establishment.
On the same issue, the establishment will decide the welfare packages of the workers to be similar with other establishments.
Lastly, government will be in a position to plan the right strategies to enable the establishment reach their objectives.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Economic crimes has been described as the manifestation of a criminal act done either solely or i...Continue Reading »
112 pages | 156 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
2. REVENUE GENERATION AND UTILIZATION OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS (A CASE STUDY OF UMUAHIA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT)» ABSTRACT Revenue generation is the nucleus and the path to modern development. Thus, the study was to assess the revenue generation and utilization of...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 133 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
3. CHECKING WASTAGE IN PUBLIC SPENDING IN PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATION AN ASSESSMENT OF THE ROLES OF BUREAU OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENT (BPP) KEBBI STATE OFFICE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nigeria is in dire need of accountability in Public Spending. This is because accountability Public Spending is cost effe...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 44 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
4. PUBLIC RELATIONS AS A TOOL FOR CONFLICT MANAGEMENT (FARMERS AND HERDERS CLASH): A CASE STUDY OF 3RD ARMOURD DIVISION NIGERIAN ARMY, JOS, PLATEAU STATE...» CHAPTERONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Public relations are a management tool designed to establish unity and oneness among people within...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 93 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the StudyMany forms of governance, institutions and bureaucracies that were transferred to a majority of Afri...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 89 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
6. AN EVALUATION OF DEPT MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES FOR Ebeing FFECTIVE PUBLIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA SOKOT...» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the StudyIn a modern economy,there is distinction between the surplus economic units and the deficit economic...Continue Reading »
118 pages | 21 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
7. THE IMPACT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION IN ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF NSUKKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This study is a modest attempt at a lucid explication of the impact of local government in Nigeria. N...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 162 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
8. PRIVATISATION OF GOVERNMENT OWNED ENTERPRISE FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE: A STUDY OF NIGERIA TELECOMMUNICATION SECTOR» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Privatization, which now occupies the center stage in global economic liberalization, is regarded...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 34 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
9. EVALUATION OF FINANCIAL ABUSE IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR OF NIGERIA ( A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE)» The article on this topic (evaluation of financial abuse in the public sector of Nigeria) is an extract from the complete project material. The comple...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 148 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT This project topic “The Significance of Cost Control in Hotel Industry” tends to examine the control of cost in most Hotels, taki...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 26 hits | Source: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION