Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 63 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Unemployment has been and stills a major problem in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State. A study recently carried out by researchers shows that about 80% of the labour force in the local government area are unemployed people in Awgu Local Government the people that made up the are youths and young school levers whose number in the labour market is on the increase yearly because of the high rate of people graduating from both the secondary and tertiary institution. A few of them who are employed solely depend on the government and a greater percentage of them depend on the non governmental organization or corporate bodies for their unshed labour which according to Byrness and stone (1981:147) said that people are only employed when they
are unable to work and would be willing to accept a prevailing wage paid to people that posed the skill they have but cannot find or have yet joined suited employment” Byrness believed that a person becomes unemployed when he has a required skill to sell to an employer who is willing to buy his skill for a wage the problem of unemployment can be reduced if the already existing establishment within Agwu local government Area are effectively managed.
The first problem that confronts the young job seeker is hope on getting mainly administrative jobs which with the changing economic trend and high labour cost become very expensive for the employer who will prefer to improve the skill of his staff or computerize his company therefore cutting labour cost and maximizing his profit when this become unemployed with little or no hope of getting employment because of the charging trends of modernization and technological development of labour management based on this short fall in employment becomes problem.
But the way to improve employment is through the effective management of human and material resource in an establishment. Effective management of scarce resources in Awgu Local Government Area will encourage specialization and division of labour which means that more will be also be encourage to exhibit the dexterity in certain skill, so as to perform the tasks more effectively at a
higher rate of output so as to meet the demand of their customers by they specialization is encouraged at opposed to the use of the computer which need few people to feed imformation into them. Effective management of scarce resources in Awgu will reduce unemployment and the dependence on government corporate bodies as the last hope of job seeker for engaging income generating ventures.
As a matter of fact this will put smile on the faces of school leavers who will be assured that they can be gainfully engaged and acquire proficiency in desired skills through their engagement in profitable of any establishment’s the effective management of resources in Agwu- Local Government Area will no doubt eradicate or reduce the social outery about the tills perpetrated by the employed people who as a matter of fact constitute a social menaces to the society. Some of the soil toilers and moilers will however be employed by these establishment
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem of how unemployed can be solved by the effective management of resources is the core of the study. The researcher instead to find out what effect effectively managed resources will have in the reduction of unemployment rate in Awgu Local government. The population on which the study will be based on the researcher intends to look at based on the operations of the establishment within the area and how effective the managers of these business or establishment will contribute in the study area
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1. To determine the factors militating against effective management of resources
2. To identify the important of effective management of resources.
3. To ascertain whether effective management of resources promotes human and material resources development in Awgu local government area?
4. To identify the possible ways of solving the problems facing effective management
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
1. Are there any possible ways to determine the factors
militating against effective management of resources.
2. Are they any important in effective management of
3. Is, effective management of resources create enough
Employment and material resources development in Awgu local government area?
4. Are there any possible ways of solving the problems
facing effective management of resources in Awgu local government area?
5. Any way(s) to improve the mode of operation?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study states who should benefit from the research and how the study will go a long way in helping to achieve the strong impression that the effective management of resources will create in Awgu local government area and Nigeria at large. It will also reduce the mismanagement of resource that leads to termination of works in the establishment thereby creates employment in the Awgu local government area.
This study is beneficially to the society investors, rural dwellers and has expanded our knowledge, it has increased our research skills, beside the above study was conducted in part of partial requirement for the award of higher national diploma in the department of public administration, at the institute of management and technology (IMT) Enugu. On the part of the student will have no doubt that the study would be of immense important to the students, who may wish to conduct a future research on the matter would serve as a resources material.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study is to find out how unemployment problem can be solved through the proper use of scarce resources in establishment.
The study will be limited to Awgu local government Area which will be used as the sample for the basis of the study.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
It is good to give operational meaning to the word misinterpretation by readers the term associated with this study will be clearly defined and provision will be made for other definitions as they occur while the study is progress.
UNEMPLOYMENT:- According to R,T Byreness and G.N stones (1981 p 14.7) is the amount of the unused labour involving skilled or unskilled people who are willing to work but could not secure employment as a result of the bulk of dependent people in the society
Establishment: - The basic structures and facilities necessary for a country or organization of functions efficiently
Management:-Management from layman’s view is getting things done through and with people aimed at achieving ones personal goal or in contest with the goals of the organization
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The essay work examines the impact of intergovernmental relations on local government administration in Nigeria. The essay argues that Local ...Continue Reading »
2. EVALUATION OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF KANO STATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME ON MANPOWER CAPACITY BUILDING (2011-2015)» ABSTRACT Foreign scholarship programme is an important strategy for manpower capacity building and development. The Kano state government has sponsore...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The nature of conflicts in the world has changed dramatically since the end of the Cold War to th...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research present finding of an investigation into the impact of women education on community developmentin Nsukka L.G.A, Enugu state. Th...Continue Reading »
5. PUBLIC RELATIONS AS A TOOL FOR CONFLICT MANAGEMENT (FARMERS AND HERDERS CLASH): A CASE STUDY OF 3RD ARMOURD DIVISION NIGERIAN ARMY, JOS, PLATEAU STATE...» CHAPTERONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Public relations are a management tool designed to establish unity and oneness among people within...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF THE PERFORMANCE OF BAUCHI STATE CIVIL SERVICE ON SERVICE DELIVERY (FROM 2007 T0 2015)» ABSTRACT Civil service is a vital instrument to the survival of any governmental setting and indeed service delivery. The effectiveness and productivi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Before and after independence Nigeria was plagued with the problem of how to cope with the health status of her citizenry. This problem cut a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study It has been part of our history that goods produced are not usually consumed by those that produce...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The availability of a competent and effective labour force does not just happen by chance but through an articulate recruitment and selection...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ON ACADEMIC STAFF PERFORMANCE IN AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY (ABU), ZARIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Training and retraining of staff has been seen as a way to improve performance of employees inthe...Continue Reading »