Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 56 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
The press sensationalizes crime stories, over reports violent crime stories like homicide, assault, etc. in comparison to non-violent stories and that violent stories are usably reported disproportionately compared to their incidence in official crime statistics or victims surveys, and that sensational reporting of crime contribute to coencern crime over crime among the public is point of concern. This project examines the print media and the creation of fear of crime, amount and sources of crime in the print media (Guardian Newspapers) and patterns of crime reporting bringing out some core values.
This project also acknowledges reporting of crime as Epidemic and examines some vital suggestions towards uplifting the values of the press (Guardian) in crime reporting. Guardian Newspapers is used to scrutinized the coverage of crime in Nigeria. The sample size for the Newspaper is Thirty One (31) Editions from July â€“ December, 2008. Thirty one editions were sampled to get relevant response and coverage on the issue of the study. Findings revealed that the mass media tried to uphold the theory of social responsibility and doing this, they publish matters on crime in Nigeria, thereby making the issue important and relevant in the country.
Research shows that most nature of crime covered under this study was straight news format with most of the crime stories written by reports of Guardian Newspapers. The direction of the report was positive in nature
Similarly, the study indicated that the media is vibrant in their coverage of the fight against crime.
Recommendations were made on how the mass media can help to educate and interprete the aftermath of crime activities to people as well as sensitize them in the need to totally eradicate crime and improve on the mediaâ€™s coverage on the subject matter.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1Background of the Study
1.2History of Case Study
1.3Aims and Objectives
1.4Statement of Problem
1.5Significance of the Study
1.7Delimitation of the Study
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURES
2.1Crime and the Press
2.2Sources and Mount of Crime News
2.3Reporting Crime as Epidemic
3.1Instrument of Data Collection
3.2Advantages of Content Analysis
3.3Area of Study
3.4Population of the Study
3.6Validity of the Instrument
3.7Appreciation of Instrument
3.8Method of Data Analysis
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
4.0Unit of Analysis
4.3Discussion of Findings
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES IN SOLVING UNEMPLOYMENT PROBLEM IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IGBO-EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, E...» abstract this study is on a strong impression of effective management of resources in solving unemployment problem in nigeria. this researcher wants t...Continue Reading »
» The article on this topic (corporate governance and its impact on the management of an organization) is an extract from literature review of the proje...Continue Reading »
3. A STUDY INTO THE CHALLENGES OF INCOME TAXATION IN GHANA: A CASE STUDY OF INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE- EASTERN REGIONAL OFFICE» ABSTRACT Revenue from tax which is a big source of revenue to the Government has been a major concern to many developing countries such as Ghana in re...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Background of the Study This study intends to shed more light on the impact of public procurement act on the accountability of procurement...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the StudyIntergovernmental relations involve the relationship, both vertical and horizontal, that exists betw...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF THE LEVEL OF FARMERS‟ PARTICIPATION IN THE SUCCESS OF KOGI STATE COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME» ABSTRACT The Kogi State Commercial Agriculture Development Programme (KSCADP) was established as part of the government transformation programme in th...Continue Reading »
7. APPRAISING THE FINANCIAL CONTROL APPROACHES IN NIGERIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria local government system is as old as Nigeria creation. Even before the arrival of he Brit...Continue Reading »
8. PROBLEMS OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT IN GOVERNMENT OWNED ESTABLISHMENT (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE)» ABSTRACT This work fries to find out the problems of personnel management in government owned establishment a case study of Enugu state board of inter...Continue Reading »
9. GLOBALIZATION AND CULTURE IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY: A STUDY OF NKADIOKA IGBU-ICHI CULTURAL FESTIVAL» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction Cultural practices such as festivals have in recent times been under severe pressure. This has been as a result of global...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF SEGMENTATION ON THE MARKETING OF GOVERNMENT LPROGRAMMES IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERRNMENT AREAS IN ENUKGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nwankwo (1992:1) defined government as a body of persons and institutions or agencies that make a...Continue Reading »