Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 63 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
In Sokoto Nigeria and Federal Government owned enterprises is the expectation action that the rate of growth and development may be satisfied through promotion of such enterprises.
The adoption of privatization as an alternative development plan must have been of pernicious one for some element of the Nigeria ruling class. This is because public enterprises have tended to become important revenue for serving ethic based distribution interest indeed the recent call for reversal of the exercise in the lending banks in the country is seen as the consequences of apparent loss of influence, which the privatization exercises has endangered within this cycle.
It is clear from the fore going development as well as socio-political imperative was moving behind every government presence industry in Nigeria economics performance of organization was of secondary importance. It would appear that so long as founds are abundant in parastatals and corporation wasted would be tolerated, as long as they seem to be meeting certain ethic-regional interest hence the poor performance of the public sector interest or government in patronage,. The reversal on government in favour of economic performance is hardly of conformation of reduction on references of the
certain interest, rather is it the rather it is result of several liquidly problems facing government. The aim of this study is this to see if the efficiency arguments will prove a strong justification for the adaptation of privatization policy. It is therefore mainly concerned with the most broadly sustainable economics for privatization, but I also tries to understand the extent with which political, social and economic consequences of such policies are mutually supportive in terms of directions and velocity.
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Addressing the inaugural meeting of the presidential consultative committee on privatization the economic in Abuja the area concern, according to him includes: democratization, globalization, linearization and technological privatization and commercialization of the state owned enterprise.
Consequently, the need arose to place the average Nigeria who ultimately private the basic for corporation survival (profit) at the center of the activities, to produce goods and services in an economic sense in view of the above this research question.
A. Why do most Nigerians Believe that private means to sell the state owned enterprises to few rich individuals?
B. To what extent privatization will solve the problem inefficiency.
C. How can privatization solve the problem of poor performance in the public enterprises, which is reflected on high debt level?
D. How can privatization increase the quality of goods and services?
E. What happens if there is managerial in competence, inadequate and inappropriate accounting practice in public organization?
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The Research is set to see if the efficient arguments of the privatization will improve a strong enough or adoption of privatization policy.
Specifically, the study intends to achieve the following objectives.
A. To understand the extent to which political, social and economic consequences of the policy is mutually supportive of direction and velocity.
B. To examine the significance of ownership (private or public as the source of business efficiency and success.
C. To correct the impression created by some Nigerians who viewed privatization as a pernicious venture.
D. To examine the modalities adopted by the government I privatizing the banking industry.
E. To identify and show the pattern of ownership structures of the banking industry before and after privatization.
F. Efficiency in production before and after privatization.
G. To show whether there is increase in turnover of the industry as a result of privatization.
H. To offer possible solution to problem identified
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Very few people will double that the nation public sector is failing or that abounds where bureaucratic huge losses and wide spread corruption is present. With this can’t mass taking either as evidence that the private, sector is therefore automatically below or more efficient or that public organization is wholly define to be in efficient.
This study is a modest attempt at establishing the significance of ownership (private or public) as the source of business efficiency and success. The choice a ` is this significance a deliberate because like the contemporaries Africa, its known to performed credibly even under public ownership using profitability as a measuring rod it that is true, then business efficiency transcends more ownership in need, many firms are known to fail all the time and for the same reason advance against poor performance in the public sector, such poor competency e.t.c, it
would then be possible to achieve business efficiency irrespective of owner ship status attempt will be mode to establish this fact
Furthermore, privatization in less developed countries like Nigeria I bound to be significantly different in several ways. In position where the programme has been a dominant public policy for some time now, it is a reasonably coherence and integral policy. In Nigeria the policy is directly linked to acute liquidity problem and was generally imported with the particular of I.M.F/world Bank and western creditors. And with a patiently structural characteristics and capital market much narrow and under developed economy.
Besides as noted earlier, government widespread presence in industry is considered strategic for either political or economic reasons, micro economic consideration such as relationship between cost and process were therefore not of prime important. Nationalized industries include those mostly inherited from colonial powers are seen an integrated part of government development plan. Industry on particular are said to have experienced large growth in the decades up the merely dismiss the public sector as wholly UN productive and inefficient. All these study over more significant.
1.4 SCOPE AND LIMITATION
It is hardly the case that any research makes a complete study of problems, let alone a project like this one, which is consideration limited by timed, space and resource.
Given that privatization is a relatively new phenomenon it has continue to provoke intense controversy as to acceptable application and inherent implication of such public policies. The theme of this study is to find out the impact of privatization programme on the Nigeria banking, which is restricted to empirical study or union bank in Nigeria plc Sokoto state branch.
The dissertation would have extended more than this scope but due to some limitation such as other academics endeavours, financial and time constraints. This management of union bank plc gave excuse that they don’t want their confidential documents and other necessary information to exposes to a limitation to the study.
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
Hypothesis refers to as meaningful proposition, which could be accepted or rejected in the light off prevailing findings. Consequently, hypothesis is at the beginning of this research to guide him in searching for relevant empirical evidences that could invalidate or confirm his assumption is made.
Ho1. That privatization will enhance quality of goods and services. Ho2. That privatization will lead to increase in the flow of foreigninvestment
Ho1. That commercialization will enhance quality of goods and services. Ho2. That commercialization will lead to increase in the flow of foreigninvestment
Ho2. That privatization will lead to increase in the flow of foreign
Ho1. That government ownership will enhance quality of goods and
Ho2. That government ownership will lead to increase in the flow offoreign investment
1.6 METHODOLOGY OF THE STUDY
The primary method of collecting data used in carrying out this research study is to obtain. The primary data the researcher used questionnaire, which consists questions designed to gather information for data analysis.
Lastly the approach used in data presentation and analyses were of table and percentage.
1.7 BRIEF HISTORY OF UNION BANK PLC
The Bank was established in Nigeria in (1917) as a branch of Barclays Bank (dominion colonial and overseas) which later becomes Barclays Bank Plc (BBP).
On 30th May 1069 the bank was incorporated in Nigeria under part X of the company Act 1986 its made have been change from Barclays Bank (ACO) Nigeria limited to Barclays Bank of Nigeria limited 7th July 1970, the bank was wholly owned subsidiary of BBP. In the same year it offered 8.33 percent of its equity to Nigerian citizens and association by way of an offer for subscription and the whole of its issued and fully paid. Share capital was administered to the official lost of the Nigeria stock exchange.
In 1979, the name of bank was changed by a special resolution from Barclays of Nigerian limited to union bank of Nigeria limited. UBA made further offer for sale of 7,757,000 ordinary shares of 25 kobo each in 1987 to the Nigerian public. The bank there by becomes wholly Nigeria Company.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. STATE INTERVENTION AND COMMUNAL CONFLICTS IN GOMBE STATE: A STUDY OF SELECTED CASES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The nature of conflicts in the world has changed dramatically since the end of the Cold War to th...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 131 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
2. ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECT OF MOTIVATION ON EMPLOYEE TURNOVER IN DAWAKINKUDU AND TARAUNI LOCAL GOVERNMENT EDUCATION AUTHORITIES OF KANO STATE» Abstract This study is an “Assessment of the Effect of Motivation on Employee Turnover in Dawakinkudu and Tarauni LGEAs of Kano State from 2011 ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 150 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
3. EXAMINE THE PROBLEM OF RURAL WATER SUPPLY USING UTAGBA-UNO AREA OF NDOKWA-WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT The concern of this study is to examine the problem of rural water supply using Utagba Uno area of Ndokwa West Local Government Area of Delta...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 52 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
4. ASSESSMENT OF HEALTH NEED FOR INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS» ABSTRACT Since the current Boko Haram insurgency started in 2009, it has killed 20,000 and displaced 2.3 million from their homes Tiffen, 2009). This ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 55 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
5. EFFECT OF E-GOVERNANCE ON STUDENTS’ MANAGEMENT IN AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY» ABSTRACT Apart from the impacts of ICT on the entire societal fabric, one of the goals of Ahmadu Bello University is to be a renowned and celebrated a...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 117 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
6. EXAMINATION OF THE EFFECT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATION PRACTICE ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR» CHAPTER TWO LITERATURE REVIEW 2.1 HISTORICAL OVERVIEW By the 20th century in Nigeria, the system of production was purely traditional and payment for ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 71 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
7. GIRL-CHILD EDUCATION AND ITS CHALLENGES IN KAGARKO AND SABON GARI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The girl child is a biological female offspring from birth to 18 years of age. During this period...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 119 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
8. EFFECTS OF CORRUPTION ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY:The general consensus among economists and policy analysts at the World Bank, the International Mon...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 52 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
9. IMPACT OF NPOWER PROGRAMME ON YOUTH EMPOERMENT IN NIGERIA» Abstract This research examined N power programme as a veritable tool for youth empowerment in Nigeria. As the nation is presently experiencing challe...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 56 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
10. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES IN SOLVING UNEMPLOYMENT PROBLEM IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF AGWU L.G.A ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Unemployment has been and stills a major problem in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 63 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT