Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 123 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Workplace spirituality is a new management paradigm that elicits workers’ self-imposed willingness to act and perform their task productively in an organisation due to their perception of the meaningful nature of work in an egalitarian community that allows self expression. However, the role of workplace spirituality and employee commitment to trigger high performance among employees in Nigerian Universities has not been explored. Therefore, the purpose of this study was to comparatively investigate the effect of workplace spirituality and employees’ commitment on performance in Ajayi Crowther University (ACU) and Federal University Technology, Akure (FUTA). As a result, the three dimensions of workplace Spirituality: meaningful work, Inner life, and Sense of community and two elements of employee commitment: affective commitment and continuance commitment were used to examine their effects on employee performance.
Based on this, a survey design was applied, and questionnaires and interviews were used to gather data from a total of 363 Non-Academic employees in ACU and FUTA in the categories of Administrative, Technical, and Secretariat. While the instrument was validated by experts, its reliability test carried out revealed an average result of 0.8 Cronbach’s Alpha. In analyzing the data for this study, simple percentage count and linear regression analysis were used as statistical tools.
The findings revealed that the three dimensions of workplace spirituality and two aspects of employee commitment have positive and significant effect on employee performance in both private and public institutions. The only exception to this was meaningful work with P=0.085>0.05 that showed no significant effect on employee performance in the private institution. A test of perceptual difference between private and public Universities on workplace spirituality and commitment on employee performance was conducted. The result indicated that employees from both institutions perceived workplace spirituality and commitment differently.
The study concluded that workplace spirituality and employee commitment which are strong determinants of employee performance should be intentionally encouraged by Human Resources Managers, Head of departments, Policy makers and Management practitioners since it can cause a positive and significant change in the performance of employees in an organisation. As a result, an environment that makes employees to have a felt belongingness, and perception of job as vocation for self-expression should be encouraged.
Keywords: Workplace, Spirituality, Employee, Commitment, Performance
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE MARGINALIZATION OF WOMEN IN POLITICS AND ITS EFFECTS ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF WOMEN IN IGABI LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF KADUNA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In all human societies exists marginalization whereby individuals or groups considered undesirable ar...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In recent times, Nigeria has witnessed an unprecedented plaque of crisis and insecurity, each lea...Continue Reading »
» AbstractThis study examines the role of mass media in a democratic governance. Specifically mass Media are generally assumed to play an important role...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research set out to examine the UNHCR’s response to the Liberian refugee crisis. Data for the research was collected from secondar...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF POLITICAL PARTIES IN CONSOLIDATION OF DEMOCRACY IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF PDP AND APC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Presently, the call for freedom and democracy echoes across the globe. The world has witnessed ph...Continue Reading »
6. AN EVALUATION OF ETHNICITY AND ISSUE OF POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF DELTA STATE)» ABSTRACT THIS PROJECT IS ON THE EVALUATION OF ETHNICITY AND THE ISSUE OF POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA. THE ETHNICITY IS A SOCIAL CONSULT THAT INDI...Continue Reading »
7. INSURGENCY AND IT’S EFFECT ON THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF THE NORTH-EASTERN NIGERIA (2009-2017)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study This study seeks to explain the dangers posed by the activities of the Boko Haram insurgency on the socio...Continue Reading »
» Prior to 1861 when Britain annexed Lagos, governance in what is known as Nigeria revolved around Traditional rulers. There is no doubt that traditiona...Continue Reading »
9. THE GLOBAL REVOLUTION IN MILITARY AFFAIRS AND COMBAT EFFECTIVENESS: CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS FOR THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES» ABSTRACT 1. This research was conducted to highlight the impact of RMA on combat effectiveness. It was carried out to confirm how RMA can have an effe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction “Globalization represents the reality that we live in a time when the walls of sovereignty are no protection agains...Continue Reading »