Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 115 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Globally, the topic of policy is very critical and has received considerable attention among scholars, though very limited in issues of attitude of healthcare personnel and its effects on a critical segment, the nurses. Specifically, the study investigated the effects of policy on nurses’ work attitude and patients’ satisfaction with service delivery in Nigerian teaching hospitals. This was done by looking at the relationship between policies and attitude of nurses, the relationship between the attitude of nurses and service delivery. It also examined the relationship between attitude of nurses and patient’s satisfaction as well as the relationship between service delivery and patients’ satisfaction.
Survey design, which included administration of structured questionnaires (quantitative) and in-depth interview (qualitative) were adopted. Out of the 400 questionnaire that were administered using convenience sampling technique, a total of 285 (69 from BUTH and 216 from LUTH) were returned. The research questions were structured in such a way as to gather from the nurses, pertinent and specific information on the effects of policy on their work attitude on one hand and patients’ satisfaction of service delivery on the other hand. The responses were analyzed using descriptive analysis (percentages and mean score) and the inferential analysis (Regression). For the in-depth interview, open-ended questions were administered on patients, patients’ relations and Management Officers from the two study hospitals, with the use of tape recorder. The data collected were transcribed and analyzed using content analysis.
The results showed the correlation coefficient (0.360) indicating a positive and statistically significant relationship between policies and attitude of nurses. It also showed the correlation coefficient (0.605) indicating a positive and statistically significant relationship between attitude of nurses and service delivery, as well as the correlation coefficient (0.630) indicating relationship between attitude of nurses and patients’ satisfaction. The results also showed the correlation coefficient (0.643) indicating a positive and statistically significant relationship between the service delivery and the patients’ satisfaction.
The study concluded that the hospital management in particular and by extension, the government, carry out regular orientation and training, increase nurses’ incentives and welfare packages, introduce system of close monitoring and supervision of nurses , as well as putting in place regular feedback mechanism from patients on their experiences as they access service in the hospitals. The government and management should tackle the deficiency of fund and recession which affect the number and quality of equipment at the disposal of all professionals in the hospital. Finally, there should be regular review and evaluation of the policies to ensure that set out objectives are achieved. This study contributed to knowledge by empirically establishing that policy has a major effect on the work attitude of nurses and should be given a broader attention.
Keywords: Nurses, Patients, Policy, Satisfaction, Service Delivery, Work Attitude.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract Amnesty Programme was set up by the federal government of Nigeria under president Umaru Yar‟adua administration to address many years of co...Continue Reading »
124 pages | 140 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The word “restructuring” has acquired widespread usage, with sonorous reverberations, particu...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 338 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONEGENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The quest for quality leadership and good governance is the aspiration of citizens in most...Continue Reading »
113 pages | 479 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
4. INSURGENCY AND IT’S EFFECT ON THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF THE NORTH-EASTERN NIGERIA(2009-2017)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study This study seeks to explain the dangers posed by the activities of the Boko Haram insurgency on the socio...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 552 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This research study is to investigate the conflict management in local government service with particular reference to Ojo local government b...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 499 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Herdsmen and town men clashes have remained the most preponderant resource use conflict in Nigeri...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 430 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
7. DEMOCRACY AND REGIONAL SECURITY IN AFRICA: A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE (2011-2014)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study It has always been the view of social and political scientists that the concentration of power on...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 432 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
8. A CRITICAL STUDY OF SOCIO-CULTURAL PRACTICES HINDERING WOMEN’S POLITICAL PARTICIPATION IN KAJURU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACTIn this modern age of development, political inequality between men and women has always been an important issue of concern. This is so becaus...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 610 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
9. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WAR ON TERRORISM: IMPACT ON GLOBAL SECURITY (A CASE STUDY OF AFGHANISTAN)» ...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 167 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» the thirty local government areas in Imo State. It is made up of 16 automous communities which include Amala/Alulu/Obokwe; Elelem, Eziama; okpala; Ngo...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 323 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE