The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 115 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
Globally, the topic of policy is very critical and has received considerable attention among scholars, though very limited in issues of attitude of healthcare personnel and its effects on a critical segment, the nurses. Specifically, the study investigated the effects of policy on nurses’ work attitude and patients’ satisfaction with service delivery in Nigerian teaching hospitals. This was done by looking at the relationship between policies and attitude of nurses, the relationship between the attitude of nurses and service delivery. It also examined the relationship between attitude of nurses and patient’s satisfaction as well as the relationship between service delivery and patients’ satisfaction.
Survey design, which included administration of structured questionnaires (quantitative) and in-depth interview (qualitative) were adopted. Out of the 400 questionnaire that were administered using convenience sampling technique, a total of 285 (69 from BUTH and 216 from LUTH) were returned. The research questions were structured in such a way as to gather from the nurses, pertinent and specific information on the effects of policy on their work attitude on one hand and patients’ satisfaction of service delivery on the other hand. The responses were analyzed using descriptive analysis (percentages and mean score) and the inferential analysis (Regression). For the in-depth interview, open-ended questions were administered on patients, patients’ relations and Management Officers from the two study hospitals, with the use of tape recorder. The data collected were transcribed and analyzed using content analysis.
The results showed the correlation coefficient (0.360) indicating a positive and statistically significant relationship between policies and attitude of nurses. It also showed the correlation coefficient (0.605) indicating a positive and statistically significant relationship between attitude of nurses and service delivery, as well as the correlation coefficient (0.630) indicating relationship between attitude of nurses and patients’ satisfaction. The results also showed the correlation coefficient (0.643) indicating a positive and statistically significant relationship between the service delivery and the patients’ satisfaction.
The study concluded that the hospital management in particular and by extension, the government, carry out regular orientation and training, increase nurses’ incentives and welfare packages, introduce system of close monitoring and supervision of nurses , as well as putting in place regular feedback mechanism from patients on their experiences as they access service in the hospitals. The government and management should tackle the deficiency of fund and recession which affect the number and quality of equipment at the disposal of all professionals in the hospital. Finally, there should be regular review and evaluation of the policies to ensure that set out objectives are achieved. This study contributed to knowledge by empirically establishing that policy has a major effect on the work attitude of nurses and should be given a broader attention.
Keywords: Nurses, Patients, Policy, Satisfaction, Service Delivery, Work Attitude.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. Foreign Policy under Military Regime, comparing Olusegun Obasanjo (1975 – 1979) with Ibrahim Babangida (1985 – 1993)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigerian leaders often see their country as the “natural leader” of the African conti...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 6 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of conflicts on the level of maritime insecurity in the West Africa. It was observed that despite the vast ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 209 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
3. AN ASSESSMENT OF INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION INEC AND THE MANAGEMENT OF THE 2015 ELECTION IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The INEC was established by section 153 of Nigeria’s 1999 Constitution. It is responsible for o...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 174 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
4. OBASANJO‟S ADMINISTRATION AND THE RESTORATION OF NIGERIA`S IMAGE AT THE INTERNATIONAL ARENA WITHIN THE TIME FRAME OF 1999 TO 2007» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND Foreign Policy is a set of carefully articulated goals and objectives which nation states seek to realize and actualize in ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 4 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction Many African countries have adopted decentralization as the main instrument for transforming the rural areas. The forms a...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 33 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
6. POLITICAL LEADERSHIP CRISIS AND SUSTAINABLE DEMOCRACY IN NIGERIA FOURTH REPUBLIC (A CASE STUDY OF RIVERS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Africa is currently experiencing the paradox of her being. Poverty and squalor are but hallmarks ...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 64 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY One of the fundamental responsibilities of the state is to ensure the security of the life and pr...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 8 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
8. THE IRONY OF NIGERIA’S FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION: AN APPRAISAL OF PRESIDENT MOHAMADU BUHARI’S FIRST EIGHT MONTHS IN OFFICE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Nigeria is blessed with abundant material and human resources, Nigeria should have been a safe ha...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 419 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Presently, the call for freedom and democracy echoes across the globe. The world has witnessed ph...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 78 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
10. SMALL GOVERNMENT AND BETTER SERVICE DELIVERY IN LIBERIA: AN APPRAISAL OF THE 2008 CIVIL SERVICE REFORM» ABSTRACT The study appraised ways in which the 2008 Civil service Reform could lead to Small Government and Better Service Delivery in Liberia. This b...Continue Reading »
93 pages | 10 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE