Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Communication is an essential key during military conflict. Information concerning the status of their adversary is of great demand and is been passed across either by cell phone, e-mail, fax and etc. This information can be accessed by insurgents if not secured and the country’s information can be exposed. Therefore, information security is of great importance to prevent loss of useful information.
Insurgency can be defined as a rebellious movement against an existing government with the aim of overthrowing the government through the use of subversion and armed conflict. One major way insurgents penetrate into a country is by gathering information therefore to tackle insurgency; information has to be secured through the use of cryptography. This method has been used to secure communications over the years.
Cryptography is the science of encrypting secret messages and transmitting the message from a sender to the receiver. The sent message can only be decoded by the receiver who has access to the software and must also know the password and encryption key to ensure high rate of security.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Insurgency has really caused destruction, poverty and many individuals have lost their life during this period. Insurgency has become the order of the day; people no longer live peacefully in their homes as a result of fear. In recent time, technologies has grown wide, information can be accessed by different people anywhere and at anytime.
One major challenge in our present world is that communications are not secured. If an attempt is made to transmit a message over a public or private channel and it gets to a wrong hand (an adversary: someone who sees all communications occurring on the channel.) the message would be exposed, tampered with or lost.
Therefore the use of cryptography is a very important issue in this present time to avoid data lost and access by other people.
1.2 MOTIVATION OF THE STUDY
Insurgency has brought about destruction, poverty and has endangered so many people’s lives. One major way insurgents penetrate into a country is by gathering essential information about the country before setting their operations. They gather information so as to know how and when to push through with their plans.
Insurgency has really caused hazard and fear amongst every citizen in the country: which is actually the motivation behind this study.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this work is to develop a system which is responsible for encoding and decoding secret messages against insurgents. The system will be developed in such a way that only the user can have access to it and this will be done by the use of a password to ensure high rate of security.
Its objectives include;
i. To Prevent insurgents from monitoring secret messages in a country
ii. To secure information from access.
iii. To prevent insurgents from having access to essential information about a country.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The primary goal of this work is to encrypt user’s data and provide a security mechanism. Therefore the significant of this study includes:
1. To develop a system that will serve as a means of sending information and secured.
2. The developed system will help the armed-force send secret messages.
3. The system will also be used to hide useful data.
4. This method of sending secret messages will help tackle the fear of insurgents.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This work is basically concerned with the tackling of insurgency by securing information through the use of cryptography. It focuses on data secrecy and integrity, which is to ensure that only those authorized will have access to it.
This work does not go deeply into discussing how insurgents operate in a country. The system will be designed using hash function SHA 256.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
· Adversary: an opponent.
· Conflict: a violent situation between different people.
· Decryption: to change information that is in code into ordinary language so that it can be understood by anyone.
· Encryption: To put information into a special code especially in order to prevent people from looking at it without authority.
· Information: a comprehensive detail about something.
· Insurgents: group of people rising against an authority.
· Integrity: maintaining and assuring that data can only be modified by those authorized to do that.
· Password: a confidential word or phrase.
· Rebellious: to oppose to the government of a country.
· Secrecy: making sure that nothing is known about something that is being secret.
· Security: the act of protecting a country or something from people.
· Subversion: an act of attacking the authority of a system secretly or indirectly.
· Tackling: a process of dealing with a difficult problem or situation.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Poverty exist in every nation of the world today, the persistent increase in poverty becomes a se...Continue Reading »
2. THE NATURE AND MANAGEMENT OF INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS (IDPs) IN NORTHERN NIGERIA, FROM 2012-2015» This dissertation set to find out the Nature and Management of Internally Displaced Persons from 2012 to 2015, taking northern Nigeria as a case study...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The human race will never see the end of troubles until political power is entrusted to the lover of wisdom “Plato Repu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Notwithstanding Nigeria's claims of adhering to the non alignment policy, her continued focus on the West can hardly be removed under the car...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In contemporary Nigeria, government has ultimately become inseparable from the day to day life of...Continue Reading »
6. THE INVESTIGATION AND CHALLENGES OF MANAGING CONFLICTS IN NIGERIA WITH SPECIAL FOCUS TO KADUNA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION Communal crisis in Southern Kaduna arises generally as a result of multiculturalism, religion, mi...Continue Reading »
» This study empirically investigates the impact of state agencies and industry regulations on the quality of accounting practice in Nigeria. A two stag...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The Civil Service as the machinery of Government performs the unique role of governance and National development as such government everywher...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Presently, the call for freedom and democracy echoes across the globe. The world has witnessed ph...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study is to appraise the role of government in poverty alleviation in Nigeria with a special reference to National Poverty Eradication Pr...Continue Reading »