Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 51 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Insurgency is a threat to the economic, political and social security of a nation and a major factor associated with underdevelopment; because it discourages both local and foreign investments. Also, it reduces the quality of life, destroys human and social capital, damages relationship between citizens and the states, undermining democracy, rule of law and the ability of the country to promote development (Akhain, 2012).
On the state of the country, when people feel insecure, their appetite to invest, buy or rent from the product of investment reduces; and that is why all over the world today, any country that radiates an environment of insecurity naturally repels investment initiatives from both the international community and its own local investors. Every society across the globe has its peculiar problems and challenges in which Nigeria is not an exception. Today, insecurity is one of the greatest problems bedeviling various countries in varying degrees. It affects policies of government and also retards development (Ifijeh, 2011) A number of analysts have variously attributed the disturbing trend to political dissatisfaction, ethnic and religious differences, perceived societal neglect and pervasive poverty among the people.
Some scholar attributed insecurity to the desire of man to satisfy his inordinate ambition of lust for power and this has often led to the irrational use of violence against the state, private organizations and the general public with the ultimate objective of achieving selfish goals (Akhain, 2012).
One of the major factors responsible for political instability is the failure of the political class to sufficiently adhere to the basic tenets of democracy and constitutionalism (Kew, 2006). As Harriman (2006) has rightly noted, this situation “has given rise to abuse of power, brazen corruption, disregard for due process and the rule of law, intolerance of political opposition, abuse of the electoral process and the weakening of institutions.” This contradicts the tenet of governance, which presupposes “the process of social engagement between the rulers and the ruled in a political community” (Adejumobi, 2004).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The study on insurgency and political instability in Nigeria came about as a result of negligence on the part of government on the ill attitude of Boko Haram, this is because this set of person have so terrorized the whole country to the point that even those that are in power become so afraid as where they will strike next, forgetting that even the Boko Haram are subjected to the law and that they can be punished for the trouble they put the country through. The government should also think of a way they can completely eradicate the insurgency and political instability that is caused by these set of people. Finally, most research has been carried out on political instability in Nigeria but there is no single research carried out on insurgency and political instability in Nigeria.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the study is to examine insurgency and political instability in Nigeria. Other specific objectives include:
1. to determine the effect of insurgency and political instability in Nigeria.
2. to determine the extent to which insurgency and political instability affect the economic growth of the Nigeria.
3. to determine the factors influencing insurgency and political instability in Nigeria.
4. to determine the relationship between insurgency and political instability in Nigeria.
5. to proffer possible solution to the problems.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What is the effect of insurgency and political instability in Nigeria?
2. What is the extent to which insurgency and political instability affect the economic growth of the Nigeria?
3. What is the factor influencing insurgency and political instability in Nigeria?
4. What is the relationship between insurgency and political instability in Nigeria?
5. What is the possible solution to the problems?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: There is no significant effect of insurgency and political instability in Nigeria.
H1: There is a significant effect of insurgency and political instability in Nigeria.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on insurgency and political instability in Nigeria will be of immense benefit to the entire country Nigeria and the government there in, in the sense that it sense that it will enable the government to bring out a lasting solution to the problems of insurgency and political instability in the country which will give rise to political stability and peace of mind of the citizens. It will enable the government to take care of all outstanding military allowances. This can help restore lost courage and morals of the military personnel to face the insurgents squarely to end this terrorism. It will enable Nigerian government to initiate policy that will generate employment opportunities for the unemployed and desperate youths of the country, which will in turn take care of poverty alleviation. Finally the study will contribute to the body of existing literature and knowledge in this field of study and provide a basis for further research.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on insurgency and political instability in Nigeria is limited Boko Haram.
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
InsurgencyIs a rebellion against authority
Political Instability Can be defined in at least three ways. A first approach is to define it as the propensity for regime or government change. A second is to focus on the incidence of political upheaval or violence in a society, such as assassinations, demonstrations, and so forth.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background to the Study Culture is being differently approached by different scholars at different times. Thus, through t...Continue Reading »
2. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION IN LAGOS STATE» ABSTRACT Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is a veritable tool to support the activities of governmental institutions and agencies with t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The word “restructuring” has acquired widespread usage, with sonorous reverberations, particu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study The Nigerian economy since the attainment of political independence in 1960 has undergone fundam...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The topic of study “Poverty Alleviation Through Community Action” is encompassing. It...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Populist theory of democracy suggests that democracy and its process function to make politic...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF NATIONAL COUNCIL OF WOMEN SOCIETIES (NCWS) IN THE EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA, 2003-...» ABSTRACT This study examines the role being played by the National Council of Women Societies in empowering women in Kaduna South Local Government Are...Continue Reading »
8. FACTORS THAT INFLUECED VOTERS BEHAVIOUR IN THE 2012 LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTION: A CASE STUDY OF SABON-GARI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 GENERAL INTRODUCTION Voting Behaviour is a form of political Behaviour. Therefore, understanding voters Behaviour can explain how and ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study or research on women empowerment in Nigerian politics is divided into five (5) chapters. The first chapter is on the topic that de...Continue Reading »
10. MOBILIZING THE YOUTH FOR SELF-RELIANCE: AN ASSESSMENT OF SELF-HELP INITIATIVES: A CASE STUDY OF SURU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA FROM 2011-2015» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Self reliance in a general sense is what actually promotes productivity and other economic activities which ob...Continue Reading »