Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 93 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study appraised ways in which the 2008 Civil service Reform could lead to Small Government and Better Service Delivery in Liberia. This became necessary because of the collapsed of the merit-based system during the war that affected service delivery which inadvertently brought in lack of competent and skill workers into the Civil Service system; hence the reason for the study.
The survey research design was adopted for the study. The population of the study was two government ministries in Monrovia with the population of 16,985; out of which a sample size of 508 employees were randomly selected. The reliability test of the questionnaire was 0.839 Cronbach’s Alpha (α).Questionnaire and oral interview were instruments used for data collection. Out of the 508 copies of questionnaire administered to the two sampled ministries, 492 were obtained and analyzed. The data collected was analyzed using the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) version twenty one (21).
Consequently, the study revealed that (74%) of the respondents of the sampled ministries were of the opinion that service delivery in Liberia is now better than prior to the 2008 Civil Service Reform. The study showed that 65.1% of the respondents were of the view that the concept of Small Government is incrementally leading to better Service Delivery in Liberia. It was again unearthed that the reengineering of government ministerial structures has reduced bureaucratic bottom necks and has also brought governance closer to the people. The research excursion further ascertained that lack of “political will (71.0%), corruption (80.1%) nepotism (78.1%), mediocrity (74.2%), and lack of sustainability (68.7%) are critical factors that are militating against effective and efficient service in Liberia.
The study therefore concluded that when emphases are placed on the concept of Small Government, inevitably, service delivery in Liberia will improve. From these findings, recommendations were proposed: that the gains so far identified in the sampled ministries be replicated to other ministries that are yet to undergo the tenets (rightsizing, restructuring, downsizing, and removal of ghost names) of Small Government, Better Service. The study also proffered that government formulates regulatory laws that will attract private sector to invest into dormant State Owned Enterprises in order to absorb those affected by the processes of mergers, amalgamation, and reorganization of government administrative structures. Equally, political will should emanate from top to bottom, and as such should be derived from within those ministries. On corruption, the study recommended that the Liberia Anti- Corruption Commission (LACC) be given prosecutorial power where a special court is established to swiftly adjudicate identified corruption cases.
Keywords: Civil Service Reform, Restructuring, Rightsizing, Merger and
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECTS OF FOREIGN AIDS ON NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (A STUDY OF FOREIGN HEALTH AIDS TO NIGERIA 1999-2003)» abstract this study is concerned with the effects of foreign aids on national development. (a case study of foreign health aids to nigeria from (1999 ...Continue Reading »
» Chapter One: General Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Nigeria as a nation state is under a sever internal socio economic and security threat. ...Continue Reading »
3. MANAGEMENT OF EMPLOYEE GRIEVANCES IN NIGERIAN PUBLIC CORPORATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA RAILWAY CORPORATION BAUCHI STATE)» ABSTRACT This research investigation is about the management of employee grievances in the public corporations. However, this project focused on the m...Continue Reading »
4. GOOD GOVERNANCE AND POVERTY ALLEVIATION: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENTS IN BENUE STATE 2017» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In recent decades, poverty has evolved as the single most daunting challenge confronting humanity...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF ORGANIZATIONAL JUSTICE ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE. A CASE STUDY OF BANK OF AGRICULTURE SOKOTO STATE BRANCH.» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to analyze the impact of organizational justice on organizational performance. Organizational justice includes the p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Presently, the call for freedom and democracy echoes across the globe. The world has witnessed ph...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF THE TRADITIONAL INSTITUTION IN PROMOTING POLITICAL STABILITY AND SUSTAINABLE DEMOCRACY IN AKWA IBOM STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY (INTRODUCTION) The administration of any state, society requires certain individuals to manage its affairs. Th...Continue Reading »
8. A CRITICAL STUDY OF SOCIO-CULTURAL PRACTICES HINDERING WOMEN’S POLITICAL PARTICIPATION IN KAJURU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACTIn this modern age of development, political inequality between men and women has always been an important issue of concern. This is so becaus...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The Fula people also known as Fulani in Hausa language, are a mass population widely dispersed and cu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study This study is a modest attempt at a lucid explanation of the role of local government in Nigeria....Continue Reading »