Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Civil Society Organizations played an instrumental role in the restoration of democracy in Nigeria and Ghana and in recognition of their important role in democratic transition in both countries they were considered by both scholars and international organizations as a veritable tool for democratic consolidation.
The argument that CSOs aid democratic consolidation in both countries
and account for the dissimilarities in democratic consolidation
necessitated this study. Therefore, the study examined the nexus between
civil society organizations and democratic consolidation in Nigeria and
Ghana and noted like in other studies that CSOs in both countries
suffer from lack of unity, communication gap, inadequate personnel,
among others. Hence, this study deduced that civil society organizations
in both states perform similar functions and share the same problems.
In this context, the study argues that it is not CSOs that account for
the differences in democratic consolidation as regards free and fair election
and the alternation of power between the two major political parties in
Ghana. The study posited that the differences in the nature and
character of both states are the underlying factor that account for the
marked differences in democratic consolidation in both states. The study
made use of ex-post facto
research design, qualitative method of data collection, qualitative/descriptive method of data analysis and adopted the theory of post-colonial states. The study noted that CSOs do contribute to democratic consolidation in both states but are facing problems associated with post-colonial states and that the nature and character of both states influence the roles of CSOs in the process of democratic consolidation and this is what account for the differences in democratic consolidation in both countries. It recommended among others, the strengthening of CSOs by government of both states, adequate funding by donor agencies and adoption of effective method by CSOs stakeholders to engage the state.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1: Background of Study The present economic recession being experienced in the country today was first experienced in 1974 ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Nigeria is regarded as the most populous country in Africa, with the population of approximately 140 million. This is per...Continue Reading »
3. REASONS WHY PROGRAMMES DESIGNED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO BOOST MANUFACTURING INDIGENOUS FIRM PERFORMANCE DO NOT EFFECTIVELY ACHIEVE ITS ROLE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Indigenous Firms (Indigenous Firm) as defined by the National Council of Industries refer to business...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF ELECTORAL COMMISION IN ENCHANCING DEVELOPMENT OF DEMOCRACY IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE INDEPENDENT ELECTORAL COMMISSION OWERRI)» ABSTRACT This project is aimed at knowing the role of Electoral commission in enchasing development of democracy in Nigeria (A case study Imo State In...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Many people when they hear or read about the word poverty will automatically think and look at po...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background to the Study Nigeria has witnessed the transition from the military regime for a quite long time to a demo...Continue Reading »
7. CRITICALLY EVALUATE THE VIEW THAT THE CONFLICT WITHIN BOTH THE PRIVATE AND PUBLIC SECTOR IS ON THE DECLINE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The evaluation of conflict management on both the private and public sector cannot be an overstat...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
9. CARD READERS ON ELECTION CREDIBILITY: ISSUES AND PROSPECTS (A CASE STUDY OF 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The use of card readers at the 2015 general election in Nigeria has infused some level of transpa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Before we delve into the main theme of the topic it will be worthwhile to get acquainted with...Continue Reading »