Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 132 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The challenges of crimes and the need to control the same as a way of living up to its primary responsibility led the government of Kaduna state into creating Operation Yaki in 2008 with the mandate to curb crime and criminality in the whole state. Despite this innovative security measure, Sabon Tasha seems not to be recording meaningful drop in crime rate, hence the need for empirical verification. This study therefore, assessed the impact of Operation Yaki as a security outfit on crime control in Sabon Tasha Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State from 2008 to 2015. Relevant body of literature on crime and crime control were reviewed. Social Control Theory of Criminology was adopted as a theoretical framework. A sample of 100 respondents was derived from the population of Sabon Tasha using multi stage cluster sampling method and questionnaires. In addition, In-depth interviews were conducted with both the personnel of Operation Yaki and residents of Sabon Tasha.The data was quantitatively and qualitatively presented and analyzed. Findings reveal generally that Operation Yaki has impacted positively on crime rate in Sabon Tasha and residents of the area feel more secure now than before the coming into being of the security outfit. Hence it is recommended that government should channel more attention and resources towards the improved functioning of the security outfit in the following direction: The culture of regular maintenance and adequate fuelling of patrol vehicles by government be improved, an upward review of the monthly allowance of members of Operation Yaki be undertaken to boost their moral, government should look into the possibility of having more offices of Operation Yaki across the state for easy access,the security outfit should be less brutal in their dealings with residents of the area, and government of Kaduna State should partner neighboring state governors and convince them to develop similar security measure in their respective states.
1.1 Background to the Study
Crime and violence are major concerns for mankind. In its 2011 World Development Report, the
World Bank (2011) states that insecurity has become the primary challenge of our time. It further
says “efforts to maintain security are at the heart of human history” (World Bank, 2011:1). The
negative impacts of crime on the political, social, and economic life of every country largely
explains why the security and welfare of the people is considered the primary responsibility of
government. Consequently, in every society, the search for more effective crime control
mechanism and measures have remained a continuous exercise. In line with this, the
performance of security and law enforcement agencies is under constant scrutiny and evaluation.
The basis for such assessment is usually anchored on crime rates, the lack of general sense of
security and public confidence.
In Nigeria, crimesranging from religious and inter-ethnic crises, civil war, post-election
violence, agitation for resource control, kidnapping, armed robbery, rape, vehicle theft,
homicide, assault, etc. Though the Nat
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE RELEVANCE OF POPULATION CENSUS TO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS IN NIGHERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF ORUMBA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN ANAMBRA ...» abstract the project is on the relevance of population census to economic development of rural areas in nigeria (a case study of orumba north local go...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work was undertaken to examine the role of community policing in controlling Cross Border Crimes. These crimes such as human tr...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Computer system is well known today as electronic device that accept input ecths in data representation and transform it to meaningful output...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Insurgency is a threat to the economic, political and social security of a nation and a major fac...Continue Reading »
» 1.0 Introduction The agricultural sector in Nigeria has provided employment for about 30 percent of the total population in Nigeria. Nigeria has huge ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Generally there exist a nexus between leadership roles and national development of a given political system. Q...Continue Reading »
7. THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF REVENUE GENERATION IN NIGERIAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT SYSTEM: A STUDY OF NJIKOKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, 1999-2012» Abstract Local governments in Nigeria are faced with many difficulties in generating adequate finance to perform their constitutional responsibilities...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The issue about godfatherism in the politics of Nigeria has become a plague in the body of politi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research study is to investigate the conflict management in local government service with particular reference to Ojo local government b...Continue Reading »
10. GRASSROOTS DEMOCRACY AND YOUTHS DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (CASE STUDY OF AKKO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» ABSTRACT Godfatherism has become an attribute in modern day Nigerian politics which could either foster democratic stability or retard democratic prog...Continue Reading »