Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 132 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The challenges of crimes and the need to control the same as a way of living up to its primary responsibility led the government of Kaduna state into creating Operation Yaki in 2008 with the mandate to curb crime and criminality in the whole state. Despite this innovative security measure, Sabon Tasha seems not to be recording meaningful drop in crime rate, hence the need for empirical verification. This study therefore, assessed the impact of Operation Yaki as a security outfit on crime control in Sabon Tasha Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State from 2008 to 2015. Relevant body of literature on crime and crime control were reviewed. Social Control Theory of Criminology was adopted as a theoretical framework. A sample of 100 respondents was derived from the population of Sabon Tasha using multi stage cluster sampling method and questionnaires. In addition, In-depth interviews were conducted with both the personnel of Operation Yaki and residents of Sabon Tasha.The data was quantitatively and qualitatively presented and analyzed. Findings reveal generally that Operation Yaki has impacted positively on crime rate in Sabon Tasha and residents of the area feel more secure now than before the coming into being of the security outfit. Hence it is recommended that government should channel more attention and resources towards the improved functioning of the security outfit in the following direction: The culture of regular maintenance and adequate fuelling of patrol vehicles by government be improved, an upward review of the monthly allowance of members of Operation Yaki be undertaken to boost their moral, government should look into the possibility of having more offices of Operation Yaki across the state for easy access,the security outfit should be less brutal in their dealings with residents of the area, and government of Kaduna State should partner neighboring state governors and convince them to develop similar security measure in their respective states.
1.1 Background to the Study
Crime and violence are major concerns for mankind. In its 2011 World Development Report, the
World Bank (2011) states that insecurity has become the primary challenge of our time. It further
says “efforts to maintain security are at the heart of human history” (World Bank, 2011:1). The
negative impacts of crime on the political, social, and economic life of every country largely
explains why the security and welfare of the people is considered the primary responsibility of
government. Consequently, in every society, the search for more effective crime control
mechanism and measures have remained a continuous exercise. In line with this, the
performance of security and law enforcement agencies is under constant scrutiny and evaluation.
The basis for such assessment is usually anchored on crime rates, the lack of general sense of
security and public confidence.
In Nigeria, crimesranging from religious and inter-ethnic crises, civil war, post-election
violence, agitation for resource control, kidnapping, armed robbery, rape, vehicle theft,
homicide, assault, etc. Though the Nat
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction The expediency for the creation of local government anywhere in the world stems from the need to facilitate ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 189 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE; INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Leadership is commonly seen as an important variable affecting organizational performance. In organi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 349 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
3. STRUCTURAL VIOLENCE IN THE NORTH CENTRAL GEO-POLITICAL ZONE OF NIGERIA: A CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION APPROACH» ABSTRACT The dynamism of this study generally sought to understand why the Nigerian state has remained deeply divided and prone to structural violence...Continue Reading »
110 pages | 106 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Political participation is a voluntary act which encompasses wide range of political activities, including voting at election, contesting for...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 439 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
5. POLITICAL PARTY DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA: AN OPINION SURVEY OF THE THREE SENATORIAL DISTRICTS OF EDO STATE OF NIGERIA (1999-2012)» TABLE OF CONTENTSTITLE PAGETitle page iCertification iiDedication iiiAcknowledgement ivTable of content viiList of Tables xAbstract xiiCHAPTER ONE: IN...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 140 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Human security, in its extensive sense, covers far more than the absence of violent conflict. It ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 182 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
7. AN ANALYTICAL STUDY ON THE IMPACT OF PUBLIC OPINION ON PUBLIC POLICY IN NIGERIA: AN APPRAISAL OF 2010-2012» Abstract This research work that analysis on the impact of public opinion on public policy in Nigeria from 2010 2012 while narrowing it down to the ec...Continue Reading »
201 pages | 288 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyNigeria as a developing country has evolved from stage to stage since the period of Colonialism. It ...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 498 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Niger Delta region, also referred to as the South South geo political zone is made up of six ...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 105 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
10. POLITICAL PARTY DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA: AN OPINION SURVEY OF THE THREE SENATORIAL DISTRICTS OF EDO STATE, NIGERIA (1999 – 2012)» ABSTRACT This study examines, investigates, and surveys opinion of Nigerians on some of the factors that influence party and party system development ...Continue Reading »
128 pages | 126 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE