Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The question on whether aspirin has any important role to play or not has generated a lot of controversies over years especially among the individuals that fakes the drug, and the pharmaceutical industries that produces it. This question that seemed to be half way answered gave rise to carrying out of this study.
This work is in such a way as to help the readers understand the role of aspirin in human health and the chemical component of the drug in reaction. It also deals extensively with the definition and background of study, the statement of some problems, the aims and objectives, the limitation and hypothesis.
And for the work to be neatly done, there are some books we searched so as to gather more information as is stated in the literature review. It also deals with the uses or importance of the drug, the side eff3ects, and the solution to the problems and the definition of some terms. The result of the work is also analysed and the conclusion was drawn. It is also finally recommended to everybody that has the need to take it and some references were also done.
1.1 INTRODUCTION, DEFINITION AND BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Aspirin can be defined as an analgesic drug made from a willow barks as a fever fighter. The leaves and the bark of the willow tree contain a substance known as Salicin. Salicin is a naturally occurring compound similar to acetyl salicylic acid. Aspirin, (Edward Stone, 1996).
In the laboratory, one can synthesis aspirin a derivative of salicylic acid. It is antipyretic because it lowers the body temperature of a person that has fever. The compound has little effect if the body temperature is normal. Salicylates are mild analgesic that relieves pains associated with headaches, (Neuralgia – a pain that is felt along a nerve usually in the head or face) and rheumatism (a disease that makes the muscles and joints painful, stiff and swallowed, (Oxford Dictionary, 6th edition).
Aspirin for more than hundred years now has been used as a pain reliever for many diseases. Americans consumed over 20 billion tablets a year. The most commonly salicylic used in medicine today is aspirin. In this research work, aspirin was prepared from Salicylic acid and acetic anhydride.
+ CH3 COOCOCH3 CH3 COOH +
Salicylic Acetic Analdride – Acid Aspirin
Lawrence and Black J. N. (1998):
Aspirin as a cure to cardiovascular disease is acceptable as an important weapon in prevention of heart diseases. A trial reported in the lancent this year (Vol. 349, pg. 1641) is the latest in a series of studies showing that aspirin reduces the risk of strokes in patients with early warning signs to transient Icheanic attacks. Aspirin works by reducing the sensitivity of the nerves both at the site of pain and in the central nervous system.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
There are several problems facing the nation today in drug production, this problems motivated us to embark on this work. In the society today, faking and adulteration of drugs have increased in a high rate that production of some drugs like aspirin has become doubtful of its importance to people.
Even the most standard industries among them face doubts by people because of the problem caused by the lower standard industries. Also the use of substandard raw materials and the importation of aspirin by some pharmacists are doubtful. All these are the problem facing the nation today in aspirin production.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of embarking on this study is to know how aspirin a derivative of salicylic acid can be produced in the laboratory. And how it can be produced in a high quality that can be used in Pharmaceutical preparations.
This work on aspirin production was only limited to the laboratory method of preparation of aspirin and for the time constraint, there are some areas that was supposed to be covered, but because of time, it was limited.
It was also limited to money constraints, some research procedure and techniques different from the one that was used here, were not followed because it was very costlier than the one used.
There are different opinion about aspirin and its function in the pharmaceutical industries. Some people were of the opinion that pharmaceutical industries do not use aspirin as the common salicylate in the production of other drugs, while others are saying that it can be used in other to produce a proper analgesic drug that can be approved by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency. As a result of these ideas, two types of hypothesis were employed to facilitate the research work, such as blow:
1. NULL HYPOTHESIS
Ho - The Pharmaceutical industries does not use aspirin
as the common salicylate in their drug.
2. ALTERNATIVE HYPOTHESIS
H1 - The Pharmaceutical Industries uses aspirin as the
common salicylate in their drug production
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PHARMACOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ANTIMICROBIAL EVALUATIONS OF THE ISOLATED COMPOUND OBTAINED FROM THE ETHYL ACETATE FRACTION OF Tridax procumbens Linn.» ABSTRACT Tridax procumens Linn is a tropically distributed medicinal plant of the family Aseteracceae. The plant bears daisy like yellow centered whit...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0: INTRODUCTION 1.1: PHARMACOGNOSY A GENERAL OVERVIEW Pharmacognosy, the modern science of natural medicines, is based on traditional me...Continue Reading »
3. CAUSES, MANAGEMENT AND PERCEPTION OF BREAST CANCER AMONG FEMALE STUDENTS( CASE STUDY; FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE IN DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY,ABRAKA, DELT...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in females and the leading cause of cancer morbidity and ...Continue Reading »
4. THE KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICE OF CONTRACEPTION AMONG FEMALE STUDENTS IN DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA» ABSTRACT INTRODUCTION: Contraceptives are drugs or device used to prevent a woman from being pregnant and also used to protect men and women from sexu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nursing education, including the individual nurse educator, has a responsibility to society and to students for providing quality education, ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine the The Bacteria Associated With Urinary Tract Infect In Pregnant Women In University Of Uyo Teaching ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND INFORMATION In the early days, human societies had creation of as many children as possible, a central value. ...Continue Reading »
8. PREVALENCE OF SCHISTOSOMA HEMATOBIUM INFECTION (SCHISTOSOMIASIS) AMONG THE CHILDREN ATTENDING L.G.E.A PRIMARY SCHOOL KAWO, KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Human schistosomiasis otherwise called bilharzia, is a fresh water snail transmitted intravas...Continue Reading »
9. Evaluation of Phyto-Chemical and Medicinal Properties of Cannabis sativa Linn. (Family: Moraceae).» Abstract This work studied the various delivery systems (oral and parental formulations) of crude Cannabis. The stability, pharmacological and toxicol...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Medicinal plants, also called medicinal herbs, botanical drugs or natural drugs are plants that have similar p...Continue Reading »