Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Table of contents
Title page i
Approval page ii
Table of contents vii
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
Background of the study 1
Statement of the problem 3
Purpose of the study 3
Significance of the study 4
Research questions 5
Scope of the study 6
CHAPTER TWO: REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
Concept of occupational conflict 7
Working relationship of Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians 13
Factors affecting work relationship in an organizations 11
Societal factors affecting working relations among workers 21
Working environment factors that influence workers
health provider performance 23
Ways to improve employee relations 29
Related empirical studies 31
Summary of review of related literature 33
CHAPTER THREE: METHODOLOGY
Design of the study 34
Area of the study 35
Population of the study 35
Sampling and sampling technique 35
Instrument for data collection 36
Method of data collection 37
Method of data analysis 38
Decision rule 38
CHAPTER FOUR: DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
Research Question 1 41
Research Question 2 42
Research Question 3 43
Research Question 4 44
Research Question 5 45
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Re-statement of the procedure used 47
Summary of procedure 47
Major findings 48
Discussion of findings 49
Implications of the study 53
Recommendations of the study 54
Limitations of the study 55
Suggestions for further studies 55
The study sought to appraise the working relationship between Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians in College of Nursing and Midwifery Birnin Kudu, Jigawa state. Among the specific purposes of the study were to ascertain the working relationships between Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians, determine the environmental factors that affect the working relation between Nurse educators and Nurse clinicians, determine the societal factors that affect working relationship between Nurse educators and Nurse clinicians, determine the academic factors that affect the working relationship between Nurse educators and Nurse clinicians and determine the strategies to be adopted to improve the working relationship between Nurse educators and Nurse clinicians in College of Nursing and Midwifery Birnin Kudu, Jigawa state. The study adopted descriptive survey research design and the area of the study is College of Nursing and Midwifery Birnin- kudu, Jigawa State. The population was 61 respondents, while stratified random sampling technique was employs to draw a sample of 50 respondents made up of 40 Nurses Educators and 10 Nurse Clinicians. The instrument for data collection is a 45 item structured questionnaire designed to elicit responses to answer the research questions that guided the study. The instrument was validated by three experts in terms of face and content validity while test re-test was use to establish the reliability coefficient of the instrument which yielded a coefficient of 0.84. Data for the study were personally collected by the researcher and 3 trained research assistants while mean statistics was employed to analyzed the data relating to research questions 1-5. Based on the findings of the study, the following recommendation were made: Production of competent polyvalent nurses and midwives will enhance effective nursing care, Conflict should be resolved by providing effective instruction and training of both clinicians and educators, Good interpersonal relationship should be promoted as it will effectively reduced conflict, Regular workshop for both Nurse Clinicians and Nurse Educators should be regularly organized, Nurse Clinicians should be involve in the setting and marking students examination and always carried along among others.
Background of the study
Education and training has continuously remain the vital tool for human and societal development. This prompted the need for mandatory professional training among nurses and other professionals. Nursing as a professional area requires men and women capable of delivering quality health care service to the people Hinderson (2012) define nursing as the unique function of the nurse is to assist the individual, sick or well, in the performance of those activities contribution to health or its recovery (or to peaceful death) that would perform unaided if he had the necessary strength, will or knowledge.
Similarly Ferlex (2009) defined nurse clinician as a registered nurse with preparation in a special educational program. At present this preparation may be in the context a formal continuing education programme, a baccalaureate nursing program. The nurse clinician is capable of working independently in solving patient care problems. Similarly nurse clinician is a nurse who has completed a program of basic nursing education and is qualified and authorized in his/her country to practice nursing and has two years of nursing experience to include one year of clinical practice. Nurse clinician perform a variety of duties and responsibilities in a medical surgical or psychiatric ward among others.
They develop nursing care plan based on diagnosis and family needs, and patient care problems. They also teach patients and families, serves as team leader in conference and to staff delivering care, communicates and plans patients and program goals with treatment team and takes action in unprecedented areas. She serves as a role model for staff and assist with orienting staff and provide some training in clinical areas, and also supervise nurses on training (explore health career org. 2016).
According to Mube (2006) nurse educator is primarily a teacher, she may be the nursing instructor who teaches the next generation of nurses or occupy an administrative educational position such as nursing deen. Nurse Educators works in both classrooms and clinical setting and may teach in technical vocational schools, colleges or universities, some Nurse Educators specialize in teaching graduate nursing programmes in continuing education, which helps practicing nurses keep up with new information and remain patent in their profession. When nurse educator specialize in obstetrics she teaches student how to examine a pregnant woman, support her through labour and delivery and care for new born infant. Nurse Educators plays a vital role in designing curricular, developing coruses/program of the study, evaluating learning, documenting the outcomes of the educational process. She also help students and practicing nurses identify their varying needs, strengths and limitations and they select learning opportunities that will build on strengths and overcome limitations (Farinde, 2014).
For effective training of students in theory and practice, there is need for positive working relationship between Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians. Basic midwifery curriculum in Nigeria (2009). Based on the context above this study seeks to appriaise the relationship among Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians in college of nursing and midwifery Birinin-kudu, Jigawa state.
Statement of the problem
According to Gibson et al (1997) job relationships are determined by managers decision regarding departmentalization bases and spans of control. The resulting groups become the responsibility of a manager coordinate toward organization purposes. These decisions also determine the nature and extent of job holders interpersonal relationships, individually and within groups conflict between teachers and practioners causes both social, financial and academic set back for the institutions and the society at large.
Purpose of the study
This research study seek to appraise the relationship between Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians in College of Nursing and Midwifery Birinin Kudu, Jigawa state
1. Ascertain the level of working relationship among Nurse Educators and nurse clinician in college of nursing and midwifery Birinin Kudu.
2. Determine the environmental factor that affect the relationship between nurse educators and nurse clinician in college of nursing and midwifery Birnin Kudu.
3. Identify the societal factors that affect the relationship between Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians in college of nursing and midwifery Birnin Kudu.
4. Determine the academic factor that affect the relationship among nurse educators and Nurse Clinicians in college of nursing and midwifery Birnin Kudu.
5. Identify the strategies to be adopted to improve the relationship among nurse educators and Nurse Clinicians in college of nursing and midwifery Birnin Kudu Jigawa State.
Significance of the study
The findings of this study will be of benefit to management of college of nursing and midwifery Birinin Kudu, nursing profession, Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians, students of college of nursing and midwifery Birnin Kudu Jigawa state. The findings of this study will be of benefit to society and for future reference.
The management of college of nursing and midwifery Birnin Kudu will benefit by knowing the working relationship between Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians of their training hospitals.
The Nurse Educators will benefit by knowing those factors that could influence their relationship with Nurse Clinicians. The nursing profession will benefit by producing average number of professional nurses and midwives.
Students will benefit from this study if the management of college and nursing and midwifery know the type of relationship and societal factor that could affects relationship of their staff and clinicians and remedy area of misunderstanding there by promoting conducive atmosphere for learning to all students both in school and clinical areas.
1. What is the level of working relationship between Nurse Educators and nurse clinician?
2. How could environmental factors affect the relationship between Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians?
3. How does the societal factor affect the relationship between Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians?
4. To what extent does the academic factor affect the relationship among nurse educators and Nurse Clinicians?
5. What are the strategies that can improve the relationship among Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians?
Scope of the study
The study seeks to appraise the relationship among Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians in college of nursing and midwifery Birnin Kudu Jigawa state. Specifically, the study is restricted to level of working relationship between Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians, environmental factors that affect the relationship and the strategies to be adopted to improve the relationship among Nurse Educators and Nurse Clinicians in college of nursing and midwifery Birnin Kudu Jigawa state
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR NURSING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThis study investigated the job satisfaction of professional nurses in public and private health sectors in Anambra State. A survey design was...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS) has a devastating eff...Continue Reading »
3. ASSESSMENT OF TERMINALLY ILL PATIENTS’ PERCEPTION ON COMMUNICATION OF PROGNOSTIC INFORMATION BY HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS IN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA TEACHI...» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION Background to the study Communicating openly with ill patients whose death may be imminent (terminally ill patients) is beco...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF FOOD SAFETY KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICES AMONG FOOD HANDLERS IN RESTAURANTS IN NNEWI URBAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Food is an important basic necessity, its procurement, preparation and consumption are vital for the ...Continue Reading »
5. NURSING INTERVENTION ON THE MIDWIVES’ SKILLS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF POSTPARTUM HAEMORRHAGE IN SELECTED SECONDARY HEALTH FACILITIES IN ONDO STATE, NI...» ABSTRACT Pregnancy and delivery are supposed to be a safe process when well managed, but a number of times it is complicated withmajor health risks on...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis project is an analysis of Drug and Alcoholic abuse among the youths in Agege Local Government Area of Lagos State. The nature of continuo...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The project work was based on managing waste in the hospitality industry. The hospitality industry is a vast scope of activities and operatio...Continue Reading »
8. LEVEL OF AWARENESS AND PREVENTION OF ANAEMIA IN PREGNANCY AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN IN ANANTIGHA CALABAR SOUTH LGA OF CROSS RIVER STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of study Anemia is defined as the condition in which there is decreased level of hemoglobin (Hb) or red blood cell...Continue Reading »
9. IMPACT OF A TRAINING PROGRAMME ON UTILIZATION OF NURSING PROCESS AMONG COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSES IN PRIMARY HEALTH CARE CENTRES IN IJEBU-ODE LGA» ABSTRACT The nursing process is a scientific and systematic method of solving the numerous patient’s problems, which promotes problem solving in pro...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECT OF NURSING INTERVENTION PROGRAMME ON BREASTFEEDING RELATED PROBLEMS AMONG THE NURSING MOTHERS» ABSTRACT This study focused on the effect of nursing intervention on breastfeeding related problems among nursing mothers in two selected primary heal...Continue Reading »