Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Ethanol, Bleach and Phenolics are three kinds of disinfectants which have been widely used in common laboratories. In this study, a compared experiment on these three disinfectants efficiency was conducted against Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa using agar hole diffusion method. Different concentrations of bleach (1%, 2%, 3%, 4% and 5%) were used on both organisms. Also (50%, 60%, 70%, 85% and 95%) of ethanol as well as (5%, 10%, 20%, 25%, and 30%) Phenolics were used. Diffrences in concentrations tested was because, the original concentrations of the disinfectants differs. After 24 hours of incubation at 370C, the results showed that all the disinfectants inhibited the growth of the test organism in their concentrated forms. The diameter of zone of inhibitions were measured around each well by using a ruler in millimeters, using different concentrations, their efficacies varied. The results showed that 30% Phenolics had the best efficiency against both test organisms and 5% bleach had a better effect on Staphylococcus aureus than Pseudomonas aeruginosa, while ethanol showed least sensitivity. 70% concentration gave the highest effect on Staphylococcus aureus as compared withPseudomonas aeruginosa.
Microorganisms are minute living things that individually are too small to be seen with the unaided eyes (Tortora et al, 2007). Though only a minority of microorganisms are pathogenic (disease producing), practical knowledge of microbes is necessary for medicine and related health sciences. For example hospital workers must be able to protect patients from common microbes that are normally harmless but pose a threat to the sick and injured. Thousands of people died in devastating epidemics; the cause of which was not understood. Entire families died because vaccination and antibiotics were not available to fight infection (Johnson and Case, 1995). This leads to scientific control of microbial growth. This began only about 100 years ago. It was Pasteur’s work on microorganism that led scientists to believe that microbes were a possible cause of diseases and need to be eliminated or destroyed. Some examples off these microbes are; Bacteria, fungi, viruses and protozoa etc (Tortora et al, 2007).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SUSCEPTIBILITIES OF Salmonella typhi AND OTHER BACTERIAL PATHOGENS TO ANTIBIOTICS AND HOT AQUEOUS EXTRACT OF Hibiscus sabdariffa» ABSTRACT The susceptibilities of Salmonella typhi and other pathogens to antibiotics and hot aqueous extract of Hibiscus sabdariffa were investigated ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Water is one of the indispensable resources for the continued existence of all living things including man. The provision of an adequate supp...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTNunu is Nigerian locally fermented milk product commonly prepared by Hausa/Fulani cattle rearers. It’s mostly available in the Northern part...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Ugba also called ukpaka is a popular food delicacy in Nigeria especially among Ibo ethnic group. It is rich in protein an...Continue Reading »
5. THE MICROBIOLOGICAL QUALITY CONTROL OF SOYMILK BEVERAGE SOLD IN INSITITUE OF MANGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY CAMPUS 3 ENUGU.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The three basic needs of man are food shelter and clothing but food has been proved to be the most important. Food has been d...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.; Division Anthophyta; Class Dicotyledoneae; Order Solanales) is an agr...Continue Reading »
7. THE DETERMINATION OF IN VITTRO ANTIBACTERIAL EFFECTS OF GARLIC (Allum sativum) AGAINST Staphylococcus aureus ISOLATED FROM BURN WOUNDS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It has been known throughout history that garlic has always been in use worldwide by various ...Continue Reading »
8. ASSESSMENTS OF ONCHOCERCA VOLVULUS INFECTION IN HUMANS AND BLACKFLIES AND ONCHOCERCIASIS RESPONSE TO IVERMECTIN AMONG VILLAGERS AROUND GURARA DAM, K...» ABSTRACT A study on the assessment of Onchocercavolvulus infection in humans and blackflies and the onchocerciasis response to ivermectin therapy amon...Continue Reading »
9. EFFICACY OF ARTESUNATE IN THE TREATMENT OF URINARY SCHISTOSOMIASIS AT UMUIKWU- ANAM COMMUNITY IN ANAMBRA WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ANAMBRA STATE, ...» ABSTRACT A study on the efficacy of artesunate in the treatment of urinary schistosomiasis at Umuikwu Anam community, Anambra West Local Government ar...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study on the microbial assessment of expired canned milk products was conducted in Imo State between the months of June to October, 2012...Continue Reading »