Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 150 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
RiceistheseedofthemonocotplantOryzasativaofthegrassfamilyGramineae. (Kadiri et al., 2014). RiceisanincreasinglyimportantcropinNigeria.Itisrelativelyeasytoproduceanditisgrown forsale and for home consumption. In some areas thereis a longtradition of ricegrowing, but formany,itisconsideredaluxury foodforspecialoccasions.However, withtheincreased availability ofrice,ithasbecomepartoftheeverydaydietofmanypeopleinNigeria.There aremanyvarietiesofricegrowninNigeria;someofthesearetraditionalvarietieswhileothers havebeen introduced into the country. Riceisgrown virtuallyinalltheagro-ecological zones inNigeria (Kadiri et al., 2014).Thisisbecause,Nigeria has idealclimatic conditionswhichis akin to that ofSouth East Asiawherethe crop is produced for export. Ricecultivationistheprincipalactivityandsourceofincomeformillionsofhouseholds aroundtheglobe.SeveralcountriesinAsiaarehighly dependentonriceassources offoreignexchangeearningsand governmentrevenues.(Kadiri et al., 2014)
Riceisthesecond largestproducedcerealintheworldafterwheat,itisacropthatcutsacrossregional,religious, cultural,nationalandinternationalboundarieswithvery highdemand.Starch is themajorconstituentof rice,andmakesupto 90%ofricein dry weight. Considerable attentionhas beengiventotheproductionofdifferentbeveragesfromvarious sugary substratessuchas starchy materials like rice,wheat,barley etc.Mostbiological processesconcernedwiththeconversionofstarchy materialsintoalcoholicbeverageshas three steps, liquefaction of starch, enzymaticsaccharification and fermentation.Thewell-knownfermentedricefoodsin liquidform arericewine,ricebeer,and rice vinegar(Karthikeyan et al., 2014).
Rice wineisproduced byamylolytic process, whichistheconversion ofstarchintosugarbytheactionofacidsorenzymes like amylase (Subhasree, 2010).Wine isa fermentedbeverageofcereals,freshfruits, etc.Winefrom
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ANTIMICROBIAL ACTIVITY OF VINEGAR, HONEY, BLACK PEPPER, GINGER AND MUSHROOM EXTRACT ON WOUND ISOLATE» Abstract Suspensions of vinegar, honey, black pepper and ginger were examined for antibacterial activity against Salmonella sp., Pseudomonas sp. and E...Continue Reading »
2. DETERMINATION OF DEGRADING ABILITY OF FUNGI ISOLATED FROM HYDROCARBON POLLUTED SOIL ON CRUDE OIL USING GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY» CHAPTER ONE1.1INTRODUCTIONCrude oils are composed of mixtures of paraffin, alicylic and aromatic hydrocarbons. Microbial communities exposed to hydroc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The ultimate aim of scientific investigation about plants is to make active ingredients which are very useful in producti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Antiseptics and disinfectants are used extensively in hospitals and other health care settings fo...Continue Reading »
5. EVALUATION OF THE EFFECTS OF ANTHROPOENIC ACTIVITIES AND DOMESTIC WASTE ON SURFACE WATER QUALITY (A CASE STUDY OF RIVER NIGER IN KATCHA L.G.A, NIGER)...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Water is essential for life. Man needs water for various other purposes apart from drinking a...Continue Reading »
6. EFFICACY OF ARTESUNATE IN THE TREATMENT OF URINARY SCHISTOSOMIASIS AT UMUIKWU- ANAM COMMUNITY IN ANAMBRA WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ANAMBRA STATE, ...» ABSTRACT A study on the efficacy of artesunate in the treatment of urinary schistosomiasis at Umuikwu Anam community, Anambra West Local Government ar...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Traditional medical practice has assumed exalted status in various communities around the world (Mathabe et al., 2006). P...Continue Reading »
8. EVALUATION OF THE PREVENTIVE EFFECT OF DIETARY INCLUSION OF HYPHAENE THEBAICA FRUIT (LINN) ON N-METHYL-N-NITROSOUREA-INDUCED COLON CARCINOGENESIS IN M...» ABSTRACT The preventive effect of dietary inclusion of Hyphaene thebaica fruit at 0%, 2.5%, 5% and 10% on colon carcinogenesis initiated with N methyl...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION The seed of locust beans (Parkiabiglobosa) plant found growing in the Savannah Africa provides one of the popular seasonings in African d...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION Yoghurt is a cultural diary product produced by lactic fermentation of milk (Hui, 1992). Yoghurt is produced by the contro...Continue Reading »