Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 150 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
RiceistheseedofthemonocotplantOryzasativaofthegrassfamilyGramineae. (Kadiri et al., 2014). RiceisanincreasinglyimportantcropinNigeria.Itisrelativelyeasytoproduceanditisgrown forsale and for home consumption. In some areas thereis a longtradition of ricegrowing, but formany,itisconsideredaluxury foodforspecialoccasions.However, withtheincreased availability ofrice,ithasbecomepartoftheeverydaydietofmanypeopleinNigeria.There aremanyvarietiesofricegrowninNigeria;someofthesearetraditionalvarietieswhileothers havebeen introduced into the country. Riceisgrown virtuallyinalltheagro-ecological zones inNigeria (Kadiri et al., 2014).Thisisbecause,Nigeria has idealclimatic conditionswhichis akin to that ofSouth East Asiawherethe crop is produced for export. Ricecultivationistheprincipalactivityandsourceofincomeformillionsofhouseholds aroundtheglobe.SeveralcountriesinAsiaarehighly dependentonriceassources offoreignexchangeearningsand governmentrevenues.(Kadiri et al., 2014)
Riceisthesecond largestproducedcerealintheworldafterwheat,itisacropthatcutsacrossregional,religious, cultural,nationalandinternationalboundarieswithvery highdemand.Starch is themajorconstituentof rice,andmakesupto 90%ofricein dry weight. Considerable attentionhas beengiventotheproductionofdifferentbeveragesfromvarious sugary substratessuchas starchy materials like rice,wheat,barley etc.Mostbiological processesconcernedwiththeconversionofstarchy materialsintoalcoholicbeverageshas three steps, liquefaction of starch, enzymaticsaccharification and fermentation.Thewell-knownfermentedricefoodsin liquidform arericewine,ricebeer,and rice vinegar(Karthikeyan et al., 2014).
Rice wineisproduced byamylolytic process, whichistheconversion ofstarchintosugarbytheactionofacidsorenzymes like amylase (Subhasree, 2010).Wine isa fermentedbeverageofcereals,freshfruits, etc.Winefrom
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MICROBIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. BIOETHANOL PRODUCTION FROM SUGARCANE BAGASSE AND RICE STALK USING LOCAL STRAINS OF ASPERGILLUS NIGERANDSACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE AS CO-CULTURES» ABSTRACT This study was aimed at producing an alternative energy source(bioethanol)from sulphuric acid and alkaline hydrogen peroxide treated sugarcan...Continue Reading »
2. ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF HONEY ON Staphylococcus aureusEscherichia coli and Streptococcus pyogen ISOLATED FROM WOUND» ABSTRACT Antibacterial activity of honey obtained from two different locations in Enugu State (Nsukka & Ugwuaji) Nigeria on Staphylococcus aureus,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND The septic tank system is the most widely used onsite treatment system for domestic wastewater. In fact, most ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Chapter Title Pages Cover page Title Page Declaration Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of Contents List of Ta...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGRONUD OF THE STUDY Meat is the flesh of animals which serves as food; it is obtained from sheep, cattle, goat an...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study surveyed the prevalence of malaria as well as management practices adpted in Ndiegoro community, Aba South L.G.A., Abia state betwe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Phytoremediation Phytoremediation is defined as the combined use of plants, soil amendments and agronomic practices t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Chlamydiae are small gram negative obligate intracellular microorganisms that preferentially infect squamocolumnar epithelial...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A study on schistosomiasis infection was carried out among students, farmers and fishers (fishermen/women) from four villages in the Central ...Continue Reading »
10. DETECTION OF ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE AND VIRULENT GENES IN ENTEROCOCCI ISOLATED FROM WATER SAMPLES IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The present study was conducted to isolate, identify and analyse the distribution of Enterococci,carry out antibiotic susceptibility test and...Continue Reading »