Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 69 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
A determining factor for the selection of Management or Leadership style of any media organisation is ownership and control. It is therefore not surprising that the Management Styles of some media organisations in Nigeria differ from one another, depending on the ownership pattern of the respective media organisations.
The Management Style of every media organisation influences its operations; such management style determines the content and focus of News and Programmes, as well as guide the conduct of personnel.
Nagarta Radio is a private Radio station established in 2004 with the mandate of keeping the public, particularly those in the Northern part of Nigeria informed about occurrences within and outside the country.
The News and programmes departments were parts of the five departments that made up of the radio station, each of which has specified duties and responsibilities.
The News section is responsible for the production of four bulletins daily, both in English and Hausa languages. The bulletins were produced at hours’ interval; 6am, 1pm, 3:30pm, and 6pm for English, while 6:30am, 12pm, 4:30pm and 8pm for the Hausa version of the News.
Reporters, translators and typists in this department discharge their duties in line with the directives of an Editor who is more like a representative the Management.
The programmes department is another unit that is responsible for the production of all programmes with the exception of News and Current Affairs Programmes. There are about sixty-six programmes currently being produced and aired, most of which are handled by producers and presenters in this department.
Programmes producers are duty bound to make the content of their programmes to suit the test of the Head of programme, who is also like a representative of the Management.
Even though it is privately owned, the freedom of reporters and programmes producers in Nagarta Radio to decide the content and context of News and Programmes is constraint by Management’s interference. The Management dictates to this set of staff on what to do, and what to do not.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The success or failure of any media organisation depends on how vibrant, robust and articulated its Management is.
There is little or no research carried out about the influence of Management Style in Private Media Organisation. This study specifically examines the influence and impact of Nagarta Radio Management Style on Reporters and Programmes Producers.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aim of this research is to examine the extent at which the Management Style of Nagarta Radio influences the activities of reporters and programmes producers and their output, with the following objectives:-
1. o study the impact of Management Style of Nagarta Radio on reporters and programmes producers
2. To find out the consequences of the Management Style on the operations of News and Programmes Units in Nagarta Radio
3. To find out the effects of the Management Style on the output of reporters and programme producers in Nagarta Radio
4. To make appropriate recommendations.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will contribute to add to the existing literatures in the area of Management of Radio Organisations.
It will also help the management team of Nagarta Radio to choose the suitable Management approach that would help to move the station forward.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What is the impact of Management Style of Nagarta Radio on reporters and progammes producers?
2. What are the consequences of such Management Style on the operations of News and Programmes Departments in the station?
3. What are the effects of the Management Style on the output of reporters and producers of programmes in Nagarta Radio?
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study will be carried out on Nagarta Radio; therefore, all the respondents would be drawn from the staff of the radio station.
1.7 THEORETICAL FRAMEWORK
There are numerous Management or Leadership philosophies, but the most appropriate one to explain or ascertain the impact of Management Style of Nagarta Radio on reporters and programmes producers is Authoritarian or Autocratic leadership style.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The researcher faced the constraints of later return of questionnaires and inadequate understanding of some questions in it by some respondents during the research.
THE AUTHORITARIAN APPROACH
Kurt Lewin (1939) in a simple term explained the authoritarian theory of leadership, as a style used when leaders tell their employees what they want ‘done’ and how they want it ‘accomplished’ without getting the advice of their followers.
According to Kurt Lwewin, some Managers tend to think of this style as a vehicle for yelling, using demeaning language, and leading by threats and abusing their powers.
The authoritarian leadership approach is characterized by leaders who make decision alone, demand strict compliance to their orders and dictate each step taken; future steps were uncertain to a large degree. The leader may not necessarily be hostile, but is aloof from participation in work and commonly offers personal praise and criticism for the work done.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» The impact of radio and television campaign on cultism in Nigerian cannot be undermined. Instead, it has gotten enough recognition in our society and ...Continue Reading »
2. INVENTORY CONTROL AND PROFITABILITY OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS (A SURVEY OF MICRO, SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISE IN AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT Most members of the society strongly holds that the western system of education is the only means of educating their children/wards, thus any...Continue Reading »
3. COMMUNICATION AS A TOOL FOR ENHANCING ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, 9TH MILE ENUGU)» Table of contentsTitle Page iApproval Page iiCertification iiiDedication ivAcknowledgments vTable of Contents viList of Tables ixAbstract xCHAPTER ONE...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study ―Conflict sensitive Reporting in Northern Nigeria: A study of Select Newspaper Reportage‖ was carried out to discover how some...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study. The radio is considered to be one of the most powerful information dissemination medium availabl...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1BACKGROUND OF STUDY Globalization is just to see the world with one eye and the apartheid of the privileged. It is the sup...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is rare these days to see adverts broadcast on television without women playing prominent and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the Study As a profession that serves the interest of the public, journalists have vast responsibilities ev...Continue Reading »
9. ASSESSING THE INFLUENCE OF TOOTHPASTE ADVERTISING ON CONSUMER BRAND PREFERENCE IN MAKURDI METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at assessing the influence of toothpaste advertising on consumer brand preference in Makurdi metropolis. The objectives o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Communication by definition is a two way process. It is an international experience between a com...Continue Reading »