Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 43 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. Background of the study
This chapter gives us an introduction to the research „‟Impact of Breath away (CRBC TV) as related to children behavioral problems (A study of Yakurr Local Government Area).
The mass media is the means of passing information through the use of various channels or media (television, radio, newspaper e.t.c.) to a large heterogeneous crowd. The mass media is a significant force in modern culture, communities and individual are bombarded constantly with messages from a multitude of sources mainly television, billboard and magazine. The messages of the media promote not only moods, attitudes and a sense of what is and not important. In this study we are focusing on the electronic form of communication.
The television is a system of sending and receiving pictures and sound by means of electronic signals transmitted through wires and optical fibers or by electronic magnetic radiation. Television is the most widespread form of communication in the world. These widespread availability and exposure makes the television the primary focus of most mass media discussions. Therefore television plays a role in grooming of culture or social behavior of lives.
Television has become one of the most powerful times activity ever since its birth in Nigeria it has shared pattern of behavior. Television has educated, informed entertained individuals in so many ways. Television has also brought about cultural pollution of cultural beliefs and norms. Television Is a telecommunication for transmitting in receiving moving images that can be monochrome (black and white) or colored with or without accompanying sound. Television may also refer specifically to a television set, television programming or television transmission.
Programming is broadcast by television stations sometimes called „channels‟ as a vehicle for entertainment and news. Since the 1950s television has been the main medium for molding public opinion.
Television is said to be one of the most popular and persuasive form of communication, it
is found in most homes in Nigeria is a medium of communication with sound, visual
compliments, it makes uses of electronic media.
The media influence on children is as old as the media itself, there isn‟t a doubt that that
the media has an impact on a child, but is it so influential that it can make a child do something
that they would never thought of doing it till they see it on television.
1.2 Statement of the problem
The youths and children constitute a large percentage of audience of television stations in Cross River State. The Breath Away programme has highlighted a lot of antisocial characteristics and tendencies have been viewed by a lot of children in Cross River State.
Therefore, this study is to research on the impact of Breath Away, Cross River Broadcasting cooperation (CRBC TV) on the social behavior of children and the possible solutions using Yakurr Local Government as case study.
1.3 Objectives of the study
The following are the objectives of the study
To know the number of children exposed to the Breath Away Programme, Cross River State Broadcasting Television.
To know how parents and guardians guide their children on the viewership of the Breath Away Programme, Cross River State Broadcasting Television
To know the impact of Breath Away Programme on children of Yakurr Local Government Area
1.4 Research Questions
What number of children in Yakurr Local government Area have access to Breath Away Television Programme?
How can parents guide their children on the viewership of Breath Away Programme? What is the impact of Breath Away on the lives of children in Yakurr Local Government Area?
1.5 Research Hypotheses
H1 – Every child has access to Breath Away Television Programme (CRBC) in Yakurr Local Government Area
H0- Every child hasn‟t access to Breath Away Television Programme (CRBC) in Yakurr Local Government Area
H2-Parents can guide their children on viewership of the Breath-Away television programme.
H0-parents can‟t guide their children on viewership of the Breathe Away television programme,.
1.6. Scope or delimitation of the study
This research is on children in cross river state that have been exposed to the programmes breath away CRBC TV using yakurr lga as our focal point
1.7. Significance of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMMISSION (NBC) IN CONTROLLING THE PERFORMANCE OF BROADCAST INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The human society we live in is that of law and ethics, control and regulations. In essence there...Continue Reading »
» Abstract For more than a decade now, one of the centerpieces of socio economic development, and foreign aid has been the effort to attain the Millenni...Continue Reading »
3. ANALYSIS COMPARATIVE OF THE PERFORMANCE OF JOURNALISTS IN GOVERNMENT AND PRIVATE OWNED MEDIA ORGANISATIONS» ABSTRACT This research work is aimed at finding the journalist that is freer between those in private and government owned media organizations, using ...Continue Reading »
4. NIGERIA FILM AS AN INSTRUMENT FOR NATIONAL UNITY (A CASE STUDY OF HALF OF A YELLOW SUN BY BANDELE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Over the years, Nigerian films or movies have become extremely popular among Nigerians at home an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study The media and advertising as separate institutions have a unique symbiotic relationship. Dating back ...Continue Reading »
6. SOCIAL REVOLT IN WOLE SOYINKA’S THE JERO PLAYS AND UWEMEDIMO ATAKPO’S KEN SARO WIWA -N- THE NIGER DELTA TRIALS» ABSTRACT The research effort was a study of the use of literary drama as a medium of social revolution and re awakening using Wole Soyinka’s The...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine the extent to which the “Share a Coke” campaign influenced university students’ patronage of Coc...Continue Reading »
8. COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE PERFORMANCES OF GOVERNMENT OWNED AND PRIVATELY OWNED BROADCASTING MEDIA ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF FRCN AND RAYPOWER FM ENUGU)» Abstract This project examines the comparative study of the performances of government owned and privately owned broadcasting media organization (A st...Continue Reading »
9. PROBLEM AND PROSPECT OF MEDIA MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA. [A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION, OSBC, OSOGBO]» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In Nigeria today, many people believe in listening to electronic media but they do not really bel...Continue Reading »
10. IMPERATIVE FOR THE APPLICATION OF DESKTOP PUBLISHING IN CREATING PUBLIC AWARENESS FOR THE ENROLMENT INTO PRINTING TECHNOLOGY FOR KADUNA STATE INDIGENE...» Abstract The purpose of this study was to determine the imperative for the application of desktop publishing in creating public awareness for the enro...Continue Reading »